View Full Version : 250r Rearsets on the pregen?

iceman.kcmo
January 16th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I really want more leg room, does anybody know if the rearsets from a 08+ will fit on our pregens? Maybe someone could do some measuring on the bolt holes from center to center on their 08?

Plasmatoast
January 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM
the rearset risers for the 08+ fit on the pregen, TapDiggy has them installed on his 2000. so you should be able to install a set of 08+ rear sets, You will most likely need to adapt the foot brake master cylinder and switch.

tapdiggy
January 16th, 2010, 03:41 PM
the rearset risers for the 08+ fit on the pregen, TapDiggy has them installed on his 2000. so you should be able to install a set of 08+ rear sets, You will most likely need to adapt the foot brake master cylinder and switch.

:whathesaid:
The spacing for the bolts is identical. As far as modifying the brakelight switch and master cylinder setup, the question is whether the rearsets you have in mind make accommodations for them. How severe is the rearward change?

Verus Cidere
January 17th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I've been planning to try this out myself, but my approach was to take it to a custom shop. That's what I'll end up doing if my bike doesn't get totalled. They already know how to modify brake hoses, brake switches, and such, and they can also fabricate something for you if necessary. If I do this before you, I'll let you know how it works and what it takes.

iceman.kcmo
January 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM
sounds good. I was thinking the woodcraft, or something similar. I plan on keeping this bike for a while.... love the gas milage!!

Verus Cidere
January 19th, 2010, 03:16 PM
According to the woodcraft site, their rearsets definitely fit. I was planning on getting an adjustable set from Ztrack.

ztrack157
January 19th, 2010, 03:53 PM
All new gen rearsets fit the pre gen.

tapdiggy
January 20th, 2010, 12:45 AM
There is one caveat: If the rearset you have in mind has a baseplate with multiple attachment points for the body of the set, it may interfere with the frame of pregen bikes, since the pregen has a lower rear subframe weld location than the newgen.