View Full Version : Ear plugs

Betlog
January 18th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Any suggestions on good ear plugs? Re-usable preferably. I want something that would drown out the exhaust sound but still safe; meaning, I can still hear horns or emergecny sirens, etc.

CC Cowboy
January 18th, 2010, 11:19 AM
any fire arms dept.or store will have good ear plugs

Alex
January 18th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Check out this thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10209), tons of suggestions on good earplugs. Reminds me I need to order a new box...

Sailariel
January 18th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Got mine at a gun shop--Browning. Made in Canada. Comfortable and reusable. There are two positions for noise reduction--indoor and outdoor.

rockNroll
January 18th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I use the cheap foamies

b_eastep
January 19th, 2010, 05:49 PM
silicone walmart plugs. comes in 2 part pastse you mix together and put in your ear. hardens to the shape of your ear. thats what i use.

Betlog
January 20th, 2010, 11:35 AM
silicone walmart plugs. comes in 2 part pastse you mix together and put in your ear. hardens to the shape of your ear. thats what i use.

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I wonder how well these work compared to the custom ones.

b_eastep
January 20th, 2010, 12:11 PM
they work awesome for me. foam hurt my ears after a while. got mine on the clearence rack for like$3.

Cedilla
January 20th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I use the cheap foamies

ditto.

Betlog
January 20th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I don't mind paying for the custom ones as long as they work much better than the cheaper foam ones. Health and comfort is important to me.

MKlein3004
January 20th, 2010, 10:43 PM
one perk of working in a chicken processing plant is i get free earplugs that meet OSHA standards. So i have a couple sets of earplugs from work. Couldn't tell you the type/brand or price of them but they keep out the processing plant, so i would guess they would be good for my moto

greg737
January 20th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I walk off with handfulls of the foam type from the Air Force. I don't think they mind, if my hearing goes I don't get to fly anymore.

MKlein3004
January 20th, 2010, 11:58 PM
lol, are those the foam ones seperate from each other, or are they connected by a plastic string? the ones i get are foamish and are connected by a plastic string.

Sailariel
January 21st, 2010, 06:53 PM
I walk off with handfulls of the foam type from the Air Force. I don't think they mind, if my hearing goes I don't get to fly anymore.

Back in 1966, the Army issued a great set of ear plugs for the shooting range. They no longer do so, opting for the less expensive foam type. The Browning plugs are the closest thing I could find to the Army issue of yesteryear type. My new helmet is so quiet that I may not need ear plugs at all. I got a Nolan 102 for Christmas and am really impressed with the design, features, and quality. You do get what you pay for.

Mo1981
January 22nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
I use some cheap ones from Walgreens.
Posted via Mobile Device

austexjg
January 22nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
I use "Skull Screws" by Heros - they make you look like Frakenstein, but they cut the noise down a lot.

I was looking at the "At-home" custom molded ones, but I heard that if you move your mouth, the earplugs move away from your ears - is this true?

Ryosen11
January 22nd, 2010, 02:51 PM
Check out this thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10209), tons of suggestions on good earplugs. Reminds me I need to order a new box...
Thanks for the link. Just ordered a trial pack(softest/smallest) from earplug superstore. Never used any earplugs during my rides so I'm looking forward to the difference.

b_eastep
January 23rd, 2010, 10:55 AM
I use "Skull Screws" by Heros - they make you look like Frakenstein, but they cut the noise down a lot.

I was looking at the "At-home" custom molded ones, but I heard that if you move your mouth, the earplugs move away from your ears - is this true?

mine stay in place till you take them out.

JeffM
January 23rd, 2010, 11:24 AM
I use cheap foamies. I may get custom fit ones this season.