View Full Version : Motorcycle Jack ???

Bob KellyIII
September 14th, 2021, 12:16 AM
Motorcycle Jack ? for when your out on an adventure and have no center stand ?
Well I got one and it should arrive tomorrow it's the type that you can take with you and get the rear tire off the bike in the rough...
it is a Lever type that pushes up on the rear swing arm on the right side and the side stand and it hold the rear wheel off the ground...(remember to put a rock in front of the front tire so it can't roll.)
.... I've seen some in use on youtube and thought, man if I would have had one of those years ago...... hehehehe but it wasn't until quite recently that you don't have a center stand ... it's another feature of modern bikes that boils my kettle !
and obviously my Pre ordered RX4 450cc does not have a center stand, so I bought the Bike jack to carry with me on it..... if it ever gets here... CSC now says the end of next month.... they've had delays due to covid !
I was wondering if any of you have used this type of jack and what your experiences with it were...
Bob.......

Triple Jim
September 14th, 2021, 05:11 AM
but it wasn't until quite recently that you don't have a center stand ... it's another feature of modern bikes that boils my kettle !

Cheer up, if your 250 had one you'd have to take it off and shorten it to make it usable anyway.

thedrewski86
September 14th, 2021, 09:30 AM
The old Ninjas are the way to go... they come with the almighty center stand! That being said I have used the 2x4 method to prop the rear wheel up on the sidestand. It works in a pinch, or you can use a buddy to hold the tail up on the sidestand to check chain/back wheel/whatever.

https://i.imgur.com/aKj9rnll.jpg

Bob KellyIII
September 14th, 2021, 02:49 PM
Cheer up, if your 250 had one you'd have to take it off and shorten it to make it usable anyway.

LOL Very True ! ... but I'd do it, just to keep the bike lower, it's so much easier to deal with this way. that little bike is a heavy beast ( or I'm getting weak in my old age) and having it lower makes it ever so much easier to mess with.
Wow.... I got a new KLUTCH tap and die set from northern tool and it is the best one I've ever had ! but somewhere along the line they lost a setscrew for the die holder.... so I gott'a get one somewhere. Octigan dies so they can't slip !
both S.A.E. and metric !!! WOOT !!!!:bounce:
now I can fix that fuel/air screw ! ( next time I have the carbs off !LOL)
Bob....

DannoXYZ
September 14th, 2021, 09:10 PM
I’d like to see that jack in action! Some of them come with velcro strap to lock front brake on. Also bungie-cord to connect kickstand to front wheel to keep kickstand deployed.

Bob KellyIII
October 2nd, 2021, 04:08 PM
here's the link to that jack....
https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Wheel-Stand-Portable-Wheels/dp/B08N5S8YL7/ref=asc_df_B08N5S8YL7/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=494858617806&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4317678531486694706&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032693&hvtargid=pla-1184706477728&psc=1
I used it today to raise the back tire of the TT250 so I could lube the chain....
it worked flawlessly ! easy and quick to use !
they have pictures of the jack in action..... so there's no sense in me posting a pic.
it is a bit bulky , not real bad though but it's not like I am going to bungee cord it to the back of my Ninja for a trip..... it'll get tossed into the back pack , along with some tire repair stuff.... but I do need a air compressor.... that I haven't got yet ! . ( and a way to plug it in without dismantling the bike !)
Bob.......

EDIT: I got the 3rd Generation jack because it has a longer arm to help lever the bike up...
it also came with the velcro strap to hold the front brake. I am impressed it's worth the money to get one !