View Full Version : TigerTeam Racing Daytona Fundraiser Sat. Jan 30 San Francisco

2WheelGuy
January 29th, 2010, 09:52 AM
My good friend Jeff Tigert needs help getting to Daytona. The AMA has cut the purse money back almost nothing. I'll be there to talk 250s. Jeff has also raced the 250 Ninja Cup with WSMC and does or at least did hold the 250 Ninja lap record at Willow Springs raceway.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/jtigert/SF_FlyerTigert.jpg

Jeff Tigert/TigerTeam Racing Fundraiser Announced for Saturday Jan 30, 2010 in Downtown San Francisco

The Kilowatt Bar (www.barbell.com/kilowatt ) in conjunction with Urban Moto Magazine (www.sfurbanmoto.com) and Werkstatt (www.werkstattsf.com) will host a fund raising event/ Supercross after-party for current Willow Springs Motorcycle Club #1 plate holder (and 2003 American Federation of Motorcyclists #1 plate holder) Jeffrey Tigert on Saturday Jan 30, 2010 beginning at 8:00 PM. The event will feature drink specials, a raffle for some cool motorcycle gear and related swag, and an appearance by Jeff Tigert's championship winning CBR1000RR motorcycle. Proceeds from beer and raffle ticket sales and will benefit Jeffrey Tigert/TigerTeam Racing's effort to compete in the big bore American Superbike class at Daytona in March 2010.

Motorcycle authors Christina Shook ("Chicks on Bikes" www.chicksonbikes.us) and Ed Milich ("Wrenched: Man and Machine" www.wrenchedbook.com) will also speak at the Tigert fundraiser at the Kilowatt at 9:00 PM as part of their week long Northern California book tour.

Come out to the Kilowatt on Saturday Jan 30, 2010 and wish Jeff good luck in his 2010 racing efforts! The Kilowatt is located in the Mission District at 3160 16th Street San Francisco CA. Phone number (415) 861-2595. The party will start at 8:00 PM, and will roll on all night. Going to Supercross at AT&T Park? The Kilowatt is only minutes away! Make TigerTeam Racing's Fund Raiser your next stop after Supercross!

A parallel Los Angeles fund raising event for TigerTeam Racing's Daytona 2010 effort will take place in early February 2010 and will be announced later this week.

Alex
January 31st, 2010, 12:42 AM
Couldn't make it out tonight, but hope that Jeff can make it to Daytona! Fun to have local folks at the national level, especially ones as talented as he is.

2WheelGuy
January 31st, 2010, 10:08 AM
Wow it was a great event. The weather was clear so I rode my 'Busa up to The City and got there a little before 8. I had intended to have a quick beer with Jeff, buy a wad of raffle tickets and leave. I ended up having such a good time I didn't leave until 12:30AM. Jeff is a really great guy and he just attracts really great people to come out and support him. I spend most of the night talking to people I'd never met before, though it was good to see a few old friends drop in. The raffle was fun. I won a HRC hat, a Motorcycle Messenger Bag, a MotoGP poster and a subscription to Urban Moto. I gave everything except the subscription to Urban Moto back to Jeff to be re-raffled, it is so hard to find copies of Urban Moto down here on the Peninsula. The Kilowatt bar donated 100% of the proceeds from the sale of Racer 5 beer to the cause. Racer 5 is a very tasty IPA.

On the 250 front I met a nice young lady who just bought a Honda VFR250 to race with the AFM this year. We had a lot to talk about. There was also a 250 Ninja parked out front but I don't know who it belonged to.

I'm really hoping to see my friend Jeff Tigert on the podium at Daytona this year. If anyone wishes to make a donation to help get Jeff there please use the Donation link on Jeff's webpage: http://tigerteamracing.com/

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z193/Chester1469/Events/Jeff_Fundraiser/IMGP0983.jpg