View Full Version : HJC carbon helmet

Keenan84
February 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I was looking into getting the HJC FS-15 Carbon helmet, just wondering if anyone has one or handled one. i would love some input on this helmet as im having a tough time picking one out. i have some neck problems, so i need a light helmet.

demp
February 9th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I've got one :D I also had their previous one, the HJC AC-12 Vader, and now the current FS-15, Love the quality of the helmets, it is very comfortable compared to my Icon helmets, and fits my head much better. As far as weight goes, my girlfriends got a scorpion helmet a (small) and it weighs a great deal more than the carbon one :)

just look at the review here, this is what convinced me to get it : http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/fs-15/

and, my one problem with the ac-12 was just the cheap plastic vents on the sides of the chin - which has been replaced with a steel mesh, which looks oh so much better

DarkNinja52
February 9th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I was going to get an HCJ but I went with Seven Zero Seven, try one out if you can, you might like it.

Apex
February 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Just remember not to buy blind. I was checking out scorpion helmets because so many locals raved about them. I tried one on and it didn't fit right at all. I ended up going with the Shoei RF1000. I love the thing.

demp
February 9th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Ahh one note on sizing, I usually wear a Large, with the HJC the medium fits me best

Keenan84
February 9th, 2010, 05:20 PM
thanks for the suggestions!

JokerSeven
February 13th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I tried one on at the dealership a few months ago. It was really lightweight. I walked out of there wanting one but there is nothing wrong with the helmet I have. This summer i will give it another look.

caferacer
February 13th, 2010, 03:03 PM
i got one of these the other day...it seems that they are running about 50% off now...must be a replacement coming soon. Anyway, I love it...The only thing it did to it was I ordered a larger set of cheek pads for a tighter fit...My former helmet was a Shoei RF 1000. I had it many years and wanted a replacement.

JokerSeven
February 13th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I looked earlier today and saw them on ebay for as low as $215 new!! Wow!!

Keenan84
February 13th, 2010, 03:56 PM
i actually bought mine on ebay for 219. hell of a deal for a carbon fiber helmet. had to buy it.

JokerSeven
February 13th, 2010, 04:03 PM
ya I'm thinking the same thing. That deal is hard to beat.

Keenan84
February 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM
with the money i saved, i actually bought a smoke visor and tank pad. lol

rage42
February 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm shopping for new gear this year, i was cringing at the price tag, but that ebay deal is nice. The blue carbon fiber to match the bike...

Keenan84
February 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM
im pretty sure all the price drops mean a new helmet revision is coming, but its still a great deal. considering the msrp for this helmet is in the 500+ range, more than 50% off is a smoking deal. its also super light and really strong.

JokerSeven
February 15th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I know I should have never opened this post !
You are a bad influance Keenan.
I ordered mine today. lol

Keenan84
February 15th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I know I should have never opened this post !
You are a bad influance Keenan.
I ordered mine today. lol

Hahah! yes!!! im happy to be your bad influence. but really, you cant pass up this deal! good for you man. hah

250Rocket
February 15th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Lol, me too, except I was debating getting the FS-15 Carbon a year ago. Instead I got a good jacket and gauntlet gloves, and lived with my old CKX.

I'm going to a motorcycle show next week and hopefully they have one on sale. I REALLLLLY want one.

rage42
February 15th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Lol, me too, except I was debating getting the FS-15 Carbon a year ago. Instead I got a good jacket and gauntlet gloves, and lived with my old CKX.

I'm going to a motorcycle show next week and hopefully they have one on sale. I REALLLLLY want one.

What color bikes are you getting vs the carbon fiber color... The blue carbon fiber looks a little too dark for a blue ninja...im on the fence right now, kind of looking for a lighter blue...but I like simple designs, instead of the really busy looking helmets.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keenan84
February 15th, 2010, 11:15 PM
What color bikes are you getting vs the carbon fiber color... The blue carbon fiber looks a little too dark for a blue ninja...im on the fence right now, kind of looking for a lighter blue...but I like simple designs, instead of the really busy looking helmets.
Posted via Mobile Device

same, i dont like all the graphics and dragons and junk. less is more. yeah the coloured carbon fiber doesnt really match any of the bikes, which is why i got the standard grey, which is the natural colour of carbon fiber anyway.

JokerSeven
February 16th, 2010, 06:59 AM
I also ordered the standard carbon color. I try to buy neutral color riding gear now.

About 10yrs ago I had red gear and ended up buying a yellow bike. I looked like the Ronald McDonald Race Team. It was horrible! My wife called it Ketchup and Mustard. On group rides, my friends always wanted to stop for corndogs.

No more flashy colors for me.

Keenan84
February 16th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I also ordered the standard carbon color. I try to buy neutral color riding gear now.

About 10yrs ago I had red gear and ended up buying a yellow bike. I looked like the Ronald McDonald Race Team. It was horrible! My wife called it Ketchup and Mustard. On group rides, my friends always wanted to stop for corndogs.

No more flashy colors for me.

baaahaha i would have loved to see that. at least it was some sort of a theme.

250Rocket
February 16th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Black (standard)

All my gear is dark. A la Ghost Rider :p

jonthechron
February 24th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Nice price for this helmet, but then again its a carbon fiber composite shell. Pure carbon fiber would cost a fortune, but there is nothing wrong with this carbon fiber reinforced polymer.

I'm keeping my eye out on the transparent resin coating (black). My next purchase before the summer.

JokerSeven
February 25th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Black (standard)

All my gear is dark. A la Ghost Rider :p

Me too Rob.
All my new stuff is black

250Rocket
February 26th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Well guys, I got the regular one. You're all like :eek: well to tell you the truth, i finally got the chance to have both in my hands at the same time and have them on my head within 20 seconds of each other and there not a ton of difference. It is noticable but I think that there's not enough difference between the two to justify the carbon and it's extra price.

So i got the regular black (glossy) and i'll be getting the dark smoke when i go pick the helmet up.

But don't let my opinion sway you, try both out at the store and see if the difference is enough to justify the Carbon for yourself.