View Full Version : Engine mount nut size?

FlamingYellowInsanity
February 14th, 2010, 05:00 PM
hey everyone! Hope you are having a happy valentines day (single's awareness day)! Anyway, I was just checking through my bike and noticed that my motor mount nut it gone, and the bolt was working it's way out. I tapped it back in, but now need the nut.

So far I've found it's a 10mm bolt, but that's about it. anyone know the size? thread pitch? etc. so I can go pick one up before I ride it again. Thanks!

Travis

JeffM
February 15th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Which mount is it? I believe the one in the front does not have a nut. The bolt screws into a blind nut that is part of the frame.

Use Locktite too as these bolts loosen up without it.

Jeff

Verus Cidere
February 15th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure of the answers to your questions, but you could try going to a body shop and having them bring out a couple of possible replacement bolts to find the right one. Not sure if that helps, but it's all I could think of. GL finding it. :D

FlamingYellowInsanity
February 16th, 2010, 02:21 AM
thanks for trying guys, I went to a local speed shop (Garage33) and they hooked me up with a new nut for free. I also got to throw around a bunch of ideas with the guy there about making my ride a little more agressive (better front suspension, lowered risers, ZGDB windscreen) as I will be keeping it for the long term, and want it to fit my "needs." ;) I've been to Garage33 (formerly California Speed Dreams, I guess they changed their name? lol) and they've always been great to work with, gotta give em a plug here! :)

Travis