View Full Version : [visordown.com] - Are Kawasaki planning a retro naked version of the anticipated ZX-4

Ninjette Newsbot
May 23rd, 2022, 03:32 AM
Click here for full story... (https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/are-kawasaki-planning-retro-naked-version-anticipated-zx-4r)

Image:
https://cdn.visordown.com/styles/medium/s3/field/image/ym2206-028-01-kawasaki-z400rs-imagecg-768x546.jpg?itok=V7GcEoT8 (https://www.ninjette.org/news/new-bikes/are-kawasaki-planning-retro-naked-version-anticipated-zx-4r)

Kawasaki’s anticipated ZX-4R could also be joined by a neo-retro naked version with the same 400cc inline-four-cylinder motor.

Alex
May 23rd, 2022, 11:02 AM
bump

Ghostt
May 24th, 2022, 12:10 PM
I like it, I started out on a standard bike, or I guess we're calling those naked bikes now.

The motorcycle market doesn't do enough small bore in the US, in the overseas market that's a totally different story. I'm envious of those markets. Small bore, cheaper prices, might just lead to more motorcycle sales in the US.

I know that when I got into road bikes, was they were cheap, easy to maintain, and cheap to operate. Now a days, those cheap bikes are getting less, and less every year. I think that why people today are not buying bikes, and the market has decreased.

Sorry higher gas prices always help motorcycle sales, but that only forces to pricing to go up, etc....

My 2˘
Scott

CaliGrrl
May 24th, 2022, 02:43 PM
Yeah, my local bike shop seems to have a fixation with higher displacement. Their comment was the 250 really is too small for here, everybody wants bigger bikes.

Uh, not everybody. I'm considering a 650, but only to get better brakes and suspension, not because I need more power. I like the little Ninja. She does great.

VaFish
May 29th, 2022, 07:06 PM
Yeah, my local bike shop seems to have a fixation with higher displacement. Their comment was the 250 really is too small for here, everybody wants bigger bikes.

Uh, not everybody. I'm considering a 650, but only to get better brakes and suspension, not because I need more power. I like the little Ninja. She does great.

One of my sons is still riding his Ninja 250 about six years after he started riding on it.

It does everything he needs, and he keeps up with the rest of us just fine on group rides.

CaliGrrl
May 29th, 2022, 09:18 PM
I'm at 6 years on this bike, too. Got enough power. I don't need a bike that I can't get past third gear.

jcgss77
May 30th, 2022, 08:12 AM
One of my sons is still riding his Ninja 250 about six years after he started riding on it.

It does everything he needs, and he keeps up with the rest of us just fine on group rides.

I'm at 6 years on this bike, too. Got enough power. I don't need a bike that I can't get past third gear.

I agree. Contentment vs keeping up with the Joneses. Vs our fast-food society...

Honestly, I don't think a ZX4 is needed or even good. It will definitely be probably the best beginner bike for it's forgiving torque being at the high end of the rev range, and it will be twice the headache when maintenance is needed. While on paper it is an awesome idea, but we already have a capable 400 and the R&D, INHO, should go into stiffening the frame of the current bike. My 2 cents.