View Full Version : Good Women's Leather Jacket

carpediem
February 16th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I'm in the market for a good quality leather jacket - and it must be as warm as possible ;-) ! Any ideas and pics would be great!

Keenan84
February 16th, 2010, 09:44 AM
warm?!? winter is coming to an end very soon here :)

carpediem
February 16th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Not soon enough for me!
Seriously, I need a warm jacket. Cold for me is anything less than 15C!

Keenan84
February 16th, 2010, 10:35 AM
haha some canadian you are! :p

2WheelGuy
February 16th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Look for a leather jacket with a removable liner you can put in on cooler days.

If it gets colder add layers.

If it gets even colder add an electric vest.

Colder than that it is time to forget the jacket and get a full winter suit.

Flashmonkey
February 16th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I'm in the market for a good quality leather jacket - and it must be as warm as possible ;-) ! Any ideas and pics would be great!

Toronto eh? Check out GP Bikes in Ajax...they got all kinds of stuff you can look at. I'd say they're one of the largest stores in the area, with the best selection.

Oh and if you're super nuts about the cold thing (haha)...then I'd recommend looking at a high end textile jacket. They usually fit looser so you can cram all kinds of layers underneath.

Talonne
February 16th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Not leather, but I just got the Rev'it Siren jacket and it seems like it'd be warm. (Haven't tested it out yet though...) It's 3 layers (outer layer, waterproof/windproof layer, thermal layer) and the thermal is full-sleeve. I guess that would be the important thing to look for in any jacket if you want to be warm.

Sailariel
February 16th, 2010, 02:13 PM
FirstGear makes some well made leather jackets with a zip out liner. I have worn one in 38F with just a shirt on. The jacket is a bit pricey.

BlueRaven
February 16th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I have a teknic leather venom jacket in blue and its pretty warm. It was +8 Celsius and with a little jacket underneath i wasn't cold maybe a little cool when i went for my last ride. The only thing it's a little stiff but i love it. Paid almost $400 CAD at the local dealership.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=78&pictureid=883

Sailariel
February 16th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Lil One, Nice jacket. Really looks good on you and looks like it was is worth $400CDN.

OldGuy
February 16th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Lil One, Nice jacket. Really looks good on you and looks like it was is worth $400CDN.

Lil One I'd complement you too but then someone would say us old guys are just looking for pretty ladies and how true they would be. 12 def F and ice and pot holes this morning. Come on spring.

BlueRaven
February 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
i got a heated liner so i cant wait to test it out but it wont be tomorrow we have a snowstorm on the way. :(

carpediem
February 16th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Which heated vest do you have? I'm a total noob so I have to read the forums on how much the battery can tolerate. I'd like a heated vest and heated grips/gloves but I don't know if both are possible at the same time.

BlueRaven
February 16th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I got the Tour Master Synergy Heated Jacket Liner from motorcycle superstore. Not cheap at $179 USD but i hate being cold too. Would like to get some heated gloves also but i could only afford one thing so i got the jacket.

carpediem
February 16th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Did you buy the heated jacket liner in Canada or the US?

kkim
February 16th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Which heated vest do you have? I'm a total noob so I have to read the forums on how much the battery can tolerate. I'd like a heated vest and heated grips/gloves but I don't know if both are possible at the same time.

have you seen this thread?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31087&

carpediem
February 16th, 2010, 08:43 PM
no, thanks. will do some research...

BlueRaven
February 17th, 2010, 05:18 PM
The heated liner i got from Motorcycle-Superstore.com. Its a US website with great deals. With the exchange rate almost at par and the $25 shipping charge you can't go wrong. It will show you the total including duties before you checkout so you know how much its really gonna cost you if you change your mind.

It usually takes about a week to get to your door. What i like most about Motorcycle Superstore is they have leave at door service so if no one is home to accept the package you dont have to go chasing around to get it. I always buy more than $200 worth of stuff usually closeout items when i order.

Sailariel
February 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM
i got a heated liner so i cant wait to test it out but it wont be tomorrow we have a snowstorm on the way. :(

That`s the storm that narrowly missed us. We had 39F and the high 30s for the past week with no snow---looks that way for the next several days. I have been out with the bicycle. The Ninja is still hibernating.

BlueRaven
February 17th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I have a dead battery anyway so wont be able to bring out the bike until i buy a new one. Forgot that i had wired the gps wire directly to the battery and left it there all winter. There was a little green light indicating there was a current so it drained my battery dry. ah well.

Snake
February 18th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I have a dead battery anyway so wont be able to bring out the bike until i buy a new one. Forgot that i had wired the gps wire directly to the battery and left it there all winter. There was a little green light indicating there was a current so it drained my battery dry. ah well.

BR, Have you tried puting a charger on the battery to try aand bring it back to life? You may not have to buy a new one.

Sailariel
February 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM

Tracy, Saw an ad for Pilot Racing Suits custom made for men and women. They are leather and they make them in Kawasaki Green complete with logos. They make them in one piece and two piece. A complete two piece suit goes for about $840US---a touch pricey, but really good stuff, I have been told by our local MC mechanic who also races.

BlueRaven
February 18th, 2010, 06:32 PM
ive tried two different chargers snake and no go she is bone dry

carpediem
February 19th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Tracy, Saw an ad for Pilot Racing Suits custom made for men and women. They are leather and they make them in Kawasaki Green complete with logos. They make them in one piece and two piece. A complete two piece suit goes for about $840US---a touch pricey, but really good stuff, I have been told by our local MC mechanic who also races.

Maybe a bit much for my typical commute to work on city streets. I think I'd feel like a knob ;-)

http://www.sportrider.com/gear/146_0808_pilot_racing_leathers_apparel/index.html

addy126
February 22nd, 2010, 07:47 PM
It's getting more difficult to find the right "leather jacket" for a friend of mine. The sizes are picked over and we are leaving the winter season and don't see much in the way of new stock. Just today I found the leather jacket online that covers the needs of the rider. It's been a 2 month process! Don't think it will get any easier either.:(

BlueRaven
February 22nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Have faith. There's always a perfect jacket for everyone. It's just a matter of research and sometimes $$$. Good luck.