View Full Version : is this good? (bohn armored pants)

laraider
February 20th, 2010, 12:30 AM
came across this site while searching for a summer pants....anybody has experience on this? if its really as good as they say, then one can wear any pants over them...:D:D:D

http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com

JokerSeven
February 20th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Looks like a great idea. I wear regular jeans 75% of the time, so this makes alot of sense.

mrlmd
February 20th, 2010, 07:55 AM
That's very interesting and you can wear that under anything. I wonder how hot it is in the summertime, but might help to keep warmer in winter. Does anyone know what kind of armor is in those, or is it just padding? I emailed them to find out.

Snake
February 20th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Wow this is a great product! I would guess that at least 80% of us wear jeans while riding so this is perfect for us. I also like the shirt they sell as well. The price is very reasonable as well.
If anyone has tried them please post how comfortable they are.

2WheelGuy
February 20th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Looks interesting, something I might use. Bohn back protectors are well respected.

Talonne
February 20th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Hm. Interesting, but I'd have to buy all new jeans for these to fit underneath. :P I'll just stick to overpants.

DEXSPEED
February 20th, 2010, 09:55 AM
i actually bought one months back not hot at all it's like thick stockings and has pockets for the armor.cons is need to be exact on sizing co'z you dont want the armor moving around.

mrlmd
February 20th, 2010, 10:52 AM
What kind of armor is it? CE armor or foam?

DEXSPEED
February 20th, 2010, 11:49 AM
CE stamped on armor :thumbup::D oh yeah it's hella better than riding w/just jeans or riding jeans for that matter.

ninjabadger
February 20th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I've got two pair for wearing under street clothes. It's mostly unnoticeable under jeans although I have found that the knees tend to bunch up a little when walking so it's a little evident that there's something going on under your pants. Also the hip pads make it a little hard to wear jeans that ride a little low. Otherwise They work well. I wear them under my kevlar reinforced riding jeans.

rustler753
February 21st, 2010, 10:04 PM
it's a little evident that there's something going on under your pants. .
:drum: