View Full Version : My 250 with the GoPro at full resolution

Apex
February 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Ok, not quite yet. I just uploaded it and the quality isn't there as of 7:40pmCST. It should improve shortly (once you have the quality selection available). It was about 66* outside. I had on my summer jacket, gloves and riding boots. It was nice out there.

Here is the vid. If you have an account, feel free to rate it (so I know how well I'm doing with the editing). Yeah, I'm an editing n00b. I'm better at editing music than video.

It is kind of long at just under 10 minutes. Oh and the video is a bit "foggy". That is because there were fingerprints on the lens that I didn't notice until after I got back home.

FYI: these are the best roads near me. I need to take a trip to Austin or something. lol

wRzu6lBDtYg

kevlarorc
February 20th, 2010, 06:55 PM
nice. bike sounds sexy too. :thumbup:

I get too shaky with adrenaline when I start going that fast on turns

edit: Holy Equestrian Party, Batman!
edit2: what helmet graphic do you have? looks a lot like mine.

Apex
February 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks Gareth! I like the Yoshimura RS3 exhaust. :)

Well what I do to stay calm is do nothing but stay focused on what I need to do. I just focus on the turn, my foot positioning, my body position on the bike, lightening my grip on the bars, holding steady throttle, watching the road for possible debris, watch what others are doing, etc. I'm too busy doing other things to let the adrenaline get to me. :D

Answer: Yeah, there was a little rodeo gathering there. They do a little parade into town.
Answer2: Shoei RF1000 Diabolic (http://www.freewebs.com/sportbikevisions/RF1000Diabolic1.jpg)

Greg_E
February 20th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Your shutter button is rattling. Shake the camera next to your ear and listen, then put your finger on the shutter button and shake again.

Apex
February 20th, 2010, 07:34 PM
If that is the problem, then I should be able to fix that small issue. I have some foam that can be wedged in there to calm the shakes. Thanks for the heads up!

Greg_E
February 20th, 2010, 08:16 PM
It seems to affect all of them. Having seen the inside, it is a poor design that they should fix by changing the switch under the plastic.

Greg_E
February 20th, 2010, 08:18 PM
http://goprouser.freeforums.org/

Apex
February 21st, 2010, 08:27 AM
If you were talking about the rattling at the end of the video, that is me touching the camera. I was in a somewhat tucked position, and I know I bumped the camera a few times during that.

ninja250
February 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Someone get this guy out on the track! :D
Nice vid. Good quality on those GoPro's.

ckholloway
February 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
I agree you need to hit a track day and test out some those skills big homie. Video looks good.

sharky nrk
February 21st, 2010, 11:09 AM
man that makes me want a GoPro HeroHD, good riding and vids man!!!

Apex
February 21st, 2010, 11:26 AM
I appreciate it everyone. I plan on trying to hit a trackday this year to see how I do. I'm always open to learn something new. :D

Greg_E
February 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM
No, I heard the rattling early on in your video, there are certain vibrations that hit it and make it noticeable once you know what to listen too. Pretty much every RPM on my Buell causes this.

jonthechron
February 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
You burnt a stop sign! This vid makes me want to get one of these, but I'm saving up for a new exhaust.

:cbrsmiley:

Apex
February 21st, 2010, 04:15 PM
No, I heard the rattling early on in your video, there are certain vibrations that hit it and make it noticeable once you know what to listen too. Pretty much every RPM on my Buell causes this.

Ok, I'll listen to it again, except turn up the volume for a change to see what you are talking about. I'll do that later on at home (still at work).

Apex
February 21st, 2010, 04:16 PM
Exhaust is nice, I'd get the exhaust over camera myself. :)

What brand are you considering Jon?

MKlein3004
February 22nd, 2010, 12:24 AM
nice vid man, you seem to have the same problem i do, no good roads that are close.

Alex
February 22nd, 2010, 12:43 AM
I added a new bbcode. If you use the tag "youtubehd" in brackets instead of "youtube", it shows up like below:

wRzu6lBDtYg

I can't make all of the videos HD by default, as it hosed up their aspect ratio.

Apex
February 22nd, 2010, 06:26 AM
nice vid man, you seem to have the same problem i do, no good roads that are close.

Yeah, but you have TWS right there. :p

Thank Alex! I like how it looks on there. :D

MKlein3004
February 24th, 2010, 06:25 PM
mucho dinero for TWS. actually, its a problem of no disposable income for that. Someday.....someday.

kevlarorc
March 3rd, 2010, 02:14 AM
Answer2: Shoei RF1000 Diabolic (http://www.freewebs.com/sportbikevisions/RF1000Diabolic1.jpg)

aha! you do have the same helmet as me
wait wait. i shoulda looked at the link. I have diabolic zero (http://www.freewebs.com/sportbikevisions/2008_Shoei_RF-1000_Diabolic_Zero.jpg)

Apex
March 4th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Meh, close counts. :)

cnichols79us
March 4th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Looks Awesome Man! Just as good , if not Better than alot of video I have seen.