View Full Version : Knox Hand Armour

Flashmonkey
February 25th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Hey I was just perusing the sportbiketrackgear.com site and saw this:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/images/InitialSet/knox_handroid_black_LG.jpg

A new offering of "gloves" by Knox. For those of you that don't know, Knox is a leading manufacturer of armor. I have their Aegis back protector and it's top quality stuff.

In any case, I present this to everyone here because of the super cool "lacing" system they use. You just turn a knob and it tightens itself...no more pesky velcro flapping around in the wind after becoming undone!!

Here's a link to a bunch of videos for their various models of gloves. Once I find some decent riding pants, I'll probably be buying up a pair of their mid-range gloves....Biomech i think they're called.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6967

Enjoy....and post feedback if you own a pair! :D

OldGuy
February 25th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Looks like something Kiss would have worn ;)

MKlein3004
February 25th, 2010, 11:07 PM
i was interested til i saw the price

g21-30
February 26th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Looks like the thumb tip is exposed!

Zombiphone
February 26th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Dude, those are like full on cyborg gloves. That's so cool :love: I just wish they were in my price range. Although, even if I could afford them, I don't think I can legally get anything with Kangaroo leather in California anyways :headshake:

Flashmonkey
February 26th, 2010, 09:21 AM
i was interested til i saw the price

LOL yea the Handroid model is on par with the higher end Held gloves and the A* GP Plus gloves. The most interesting part about those gloves (for me, anyway), is the fact that they're using the hard plastic bits as the first line of defense against both impact and abrasion damage (hence the palm sliders). This differs with other gloves in the sense that other manufacturers tend to beef up the leather to handle the abrasion, while they just stick on carbon/kevlar bits to help with impact.

The price IS steep, though. Can't beat the cool "WTF" factor, though. :D

rockNroll
February 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I'm diggin the smoke rising from them but the gloves themselves look goofy.

Snake
February 26th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Dude, those are like full on cyborg gloves. That's so cool :love: I just wish they were in my price range. Although, even if I could afford them, I don't think I can legally get anything with Kangaroo leather in California anyways :headshake:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Strange looking tubes going to the knuckles. :eek:

Banzai
February 26th, 2010, 06:22 PM
So way very cool.

KJohnson21
February 26th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I don't think I can legally get anything with Kangaroo leather in California anyways :headshake:

Why not? :confused20: They aren't endangered. I've never heard of any trade restrictions regarding kangaroo products. If you know of any, please let us know.

FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_leather

MKlein3004
February 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM
i might look more into them if i start hitting up the track. Get these, full boots, and a full suit and use them for the track and just have my joe rockets for the street

Zombiphone
February 26th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Why not? :confused20: They aren't endangered. I've never heard of any trade restrictions regarding kangaroo products. If you know of any, please let us know.

FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_leather

Ah, I remember running across a couple of sites that said they couldn't ship anything with kangaroo leather to California a while back because it was banned or something. I think it was when I was looking at some gloves from Spartan Leathers but it might have been some shoes or something. I don't remember. I didn't really look into it, but it stood out to me because I didn't know they prohibited something like that.

After looking it up though, it looks like that ban was lifted in 2008, so yeah, your right. Wouldn't be a problem after all. Still can't afford them though >_<

KJohnson21
February 27th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Ah, I remember running across a couple of sites that said they couldn't ship anything with kangaroo leather to California a while back because it was banned or something. I think it was when I was looking at some gloves from Spartan Leathers but it might have been some shoes or something. I don't remember. I didn't really look into it, but it stood out to me because I didn't know they prohibited something like that.

After looking it up though, it looks like that ban was lifted in 2008, so yeah, your right. Wouldn't be a problem after all. Still can't afford them though >_<

I'd never heard of that, thanks. :thumbup: I know that some of the high end gloves use kangaroo leather, but I don't think I was paying attention to those when the ban was in place. :sleep:

Keep your eyes on e-bay for good prices. I've been lucky enough to get two pairs of new Joe Rocket Speedmaster 6.0 gloves from a couple of different stores that were clearing old inventory on e-bay. I paid less than half price for each. You just have to wait for the right deal. :)

ztrack157
February 27th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Thats funny cause I own these didn't have a problem getting them into CA. Best gloves ever. alpine stars don't even touch them.