March 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
KHjQ8RtPLhs

Sailariel
March 3rd, 2010, 06:07 PM
No torque wrench on the axle?

headshrink
April 24th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Use dealer/mech. at own risk.

In all fairness though, I wonder if he has developed a good feel for where it should be torqued at.... don't know.

ScorpionNinja
April 27th, 2010, 03:17 PM
ROFL!!!

I dont think, least to me, that guys worked on sportbikes. Let alone a ninja 250R. I think most mech's out there, dont have much EXP working on our 08-10's. I didnt like the way he was pushing and twisting the rear axle back through... hes lucky he didnt **** up afew threads on that rear axle Nut!

In my line of work (golf course mowers and equipment), im not a mechanic, but I am Mech-inclined well enuff.

I wouldve used a BIG long screwdriver, to put into the Right side axle holes, to better help line up while ya lightly push the axle through from the left side, with my left hand!

Ive used this tactic alot in my years at my job, and it works great without ****ing up the threads!

He dont bother to adjust chain slack or anything? :eek:
It looked loose as hell to me, dunno bout you guys! 2" slack+ id guess

Back to mechanics working on our bikes.....

Last year when i took mine in for the 'Front wheel squeak' those guys had NO idea WTF it was. They cleaned and relubed the Speedo, Soaked the front rotor with brake parts cleaner, wiped it down good,etc!

They never thought to check the Torque of the front axle nut!!! :D

Id hope that with the great success of the 08-10 250R, more mechanics will learn ALOT of what,why,how,etc about them.

Im afraid to take mine in for 7,500 mile Valve maintaince (6,700 atm) :eek:

Anyhow, lol thanks for the video! :thumbup:

What did you Rec this with, your Cell phone?

Did he know you were recording? :D

jorgecornet
April 27th, 2010, 04:06 PM
i recorded with my sony webbie hd ...he was cool with it..and i didn't mind the way he did anything..to tell you the truth...i am and was fully satisfied with how everything turned out...my chain slack to me is fine..it enjoyed making this video to share with others a litlte know how on the cush drive.

ScorpionNinja
April 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM
i recorded with my sony webbie hd ...he was cool with it..and i didn't mind the way he did anything..to tell you the truth...i am and was fully satisfied with how everything turned out...my chain slack to me is fine..it enjoyed making this video to share with others a litlte know how on the cush drive.

Oh for sure, im very Glad you posted this! :thumbup:

I didnt even know what a cush drive was, GTK that its a cheap part and easy as hell to replace myself. :D

kkim
May 26th, 2010, 01:44 AM
it's a good thing you recorded it... the new cush drive they put in will wear just like the first and you'll end up replacing it yet again.

shim it, next time, for a more permanent fix.

ninja250
May 26th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I never new cush drives existed until I took my rear in for a new tire and they gave it back with the sprocket and cush drive pulled out because of how they mounted and balanced the rim.

Imagine how jerky the 250 and 600 would be without the kush drive lol. they make such perfect sense to me now.

PS spell check doesn't like cush or kush.

Snake
May 26th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Good job on the video. Thanks for posting it.

rockNroll
May 26th, 2010, 03:52 AM
My .02

I only "cheat" on the chain adjustment if I was the last person to adjust the chain and it was recent... like at the track where I may have had the wheel off yesterday and now I have it off again today.

I don't use a torque wrench to tighten my axles. If you don't know whether or not you should use one.... use one.

He would have fought less with putting the axle back in if he put it back in from the right side.

How many miles are on this bike?

jorgecornet
May 26th, 2010, 08:27 AM
My .02

I only "cheat" on the chain adjustment if I was the last person to adjust the chain and it was recent... like at the track where I may have had the wheel off yesterday and now I have it off again today.

I don't use a torque wrench to tighten my axles. If you don't know whether or not you should use one.... use one.

He would have fought less with putting the axle back in if he put it back in from the right side.

How many miles are on this bike?

oh i think about 5.2k miles then..i'm at 6 now

jorgecornet
May 26th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Good job on the video. Thanks for posting it.

thanks for enjoying it!!