View Full Version : Laguna Seca Raceway - Wednesday March 17

2WheelGuy
March 9th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I'm going to be at the Pacific Track Time track day at Laguna Seca Raceway this coming Monday the 17th. Because you need mufflers to ride this track I will probably be bringing one of my girlfriends street 250s.

You don't get many chances to ride on the world famous Laguna Seca track. Try it out for yourself and get a taste of what it is like for the MotoGP boys when they come out in a few months.

For more info and to sign up visit:
http://pacifictracktime.com/

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z193/Chester1469/250%20Track/HT4U2067.jpg

cnichols79us
March 9th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Do they take children in trade for track time? All I have to offer right now.....:( Nevermind, my Wife just saw what I typed.... :eek:

ztrack157
March 11th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Actually they will just give them a puppy and candy then send them back home with you. I have wednesday off but we both know I don't have a quiet muffler.

Sailariel
March 11th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Never did Laguna Seca on a bike---did it quite a few times in my Super 7. Really a nice track!

CC Cowboy
March 11th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Alex, you probably did the old track, as I did. I'd love to do the new track. The old one was very scarey ,and I'm not talkin the cork screw. The old track was downhill, down the front straight, and was one big left sweeper (very bumpy) until you went up the hill. So you went from turn 1 to turn 5 in one sweeper. To hold it wide open, on that stretch, not only took brass ...., you had to have your suspension just right.

Sailariel
March 12th, 2010, 03:17 PM
That`s for sure, Oscar. I got real good at turning the adjusters on the Konis. Finally ended up with a mix---Koni on the front and Bilsteins on the back. The stiffer Bilsteins caused the suspension to chatter a bit in Turn 5, but the whole car felt more stable. Sure went through a lot of Cinturatos in those days.

Davidb1986
March 12th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hopefully when this event comes next year I will be able to do it!!!

2WheelGuy
March 12th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Hopefully when this event comes next year I will be able to do it!!!

We'll be back at Laguna Seca June 8th :thumbup:

OldGuy
March 12th, 2010, 03:45 PM
CC and Alex - before we left the San Jose area in 1992 the family gave me a 1-day Boundurant school at Laguna Seca and that was a blast. Since they were stopping you at the end of each lap to be sure you hadn't exceed the artificial red line they imposed you really couldn't enjoy much top end but you could still scare the %^#@ out of yourself in the cork screw. Last lap a couple of us said screw it and let it hang out - what's the worst they are going to do - make you park it, oh wait this is the last lap.

To be out there again with the Ninja :(

Sailariel
March 12th, 2010, 06:23 PM
That would sure be fun. I do miss my Lotus--had the Cortina engine with the Webers--a fun car. I hear that now, people are putting together Super Sevens with `Busa engines. That`s got to be a rush.

OldGuy
March 12th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Either that or a D class boat. With some todays motorcycle engines they would scream. Hmmm son lives in Santa Clara, Mercedes tech, has raced, maybe time to get back into SCCA.

CC Cowboy
March 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
CC and Alex - before we left the San Jose area in 1992 the family gave me a 1-day Boundurant school at Laguna Seca and that was a blast. Since they were stopping you at the end of each lap to be sure you hadn't exceed the artificial red line they imposed you really couldn't enjoy much top end but you could still scare the %^#@ out of yourself in the cork screw. Last lap a couple of us said screw it and let it hang out - what's the worst they are going to do - make you park it, oh wait this is the last lap.

To be out there again with the Ninja :(

Don, I did a week long school Formula 3 (Winfield School) at Paul Ricard in France a while ago. They had artifical redlines there too. The first day they would take a pin and reset the tach after each practice. After the first I brought a paper clip with me and made sure I reset the tach myself before I got back to the pits.