March 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM
over 15,000 bikers rode threw paris on a protest , info on youtube

CZroe
March 15th, 2010, 09:03 PM
"Through" ;)
"Thru" is also deemed acceptable in some cases... as in "Fast-Food Drive-Thru"

Alex
March 15th, 2010, 11:44 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1003/the-original-grammar-nazi-grammar-nazi-day-poster-demotivational-poster-1267771376.jpg

tapdiggy
March 16th, 2010, 12:39 AM
"Through" ;)
"Thru" is also deemed acceptable in some cases... as in "Fast-Food Drive-Thru"

It would be through, not "through". Likewise with "thru". However, the assertion that the two forms are interchangeable is flawed, since "thru" is a fragment of the colloquial drive-thru and thus should not "stand alone" as a preposition. Furthermore, the use of an ellipsis in the sentence is incorrect; a comma would have been the appropriate punctuation.

CZroe
March 16th, 2010, 03:02 AM
it would be through, not "through". Likewise with "thru". However, the assertion that the two forms are interchangeable is flawed, since "thru" is a fragment of the colloquial drive-thru and thus should not "stand alone" as a preposition. Furthermore, the use of an ellipsis in the sentence is incorrect; a comma would have been the appropriate punctuation.

Edit again: I just watched the Batman: Arkham Asylum sequel teaser trailer (http://www.arkhamhasmoved.com/us/) and noticed a "NO THRU ROAD" sign on the gates at the very beginning. "NO THRU TRAFFIC" is much more common though.

CC Cowboy
March 16th, 2010, 09:25 AM
over 15,000 bikers rode threw paris on a protest , info on youtube

This comment was taken out of context. There should have been a comma after rode.

...over 15,000 bikers rode, threw paris on a protest,

paris should also have a capital "P". Thence, ...over 15,000 bikers rode, threw Paris on a protest.

I also think it should be, " this threw Paris into a protest".

Now that Paris has been thrown on (or into) a protest, I ask, "was this about cheese, wine, or some other important French per-dick-a-ment"?

Maybe it was supposed to read, "over 15,000 biker road, this threw Paris into a protest". Was the road not big enough? Was the road only for bikers?

There really isn't enough information!

I have searched youboob and not found any such protest.

tapdiggy
March 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM

It is still modifying a noun and not being used as a preposition.:focus: I yield

ninja man
March 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM
sorry i was in a rush

Snake
March 17th, 2010, 02:59 PM
It would be through, not "through". Likewise with "thru". However, the assertion that the two forms are interchangeable is flawed, since "thru" is a fragment of the colloquial drive-thru and thus should not "stand alone" as a preposition. Furthermore, the use of an ellipsis in the sentence is incorrect; a comma would have been the appropriate punctuation.

I now know more about grammer then I ever wanted to know. Hey let me look up an appropriate joke and post it here.

Snake
March 17th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Here ya go. Even with spell checker you can still mess up.

Dew knot trussed yore spell chequer two fined awl yore mistakes - Brendon Hills

BlueRaven
March 17th, 2010, 03:18 PM
i think you meant grammar and not grammer, right snake...sorry i just had to do it

i hope i don't get any nightmare about french grammar, french high school was a nightmare in itself.

(thought i'd put something linked to france in here since that's what the topic was original about)

Snake
March 17th, 2010, 03:31 PM
:focus:
I looked for it on youtube but could not find it. Could you post a link to to it ninja man? Would realy appreciate it.

CZroe
March 22nd, 2010, 02:48 AM
:focus:
I looked for it on youtube but could not find it. Could you post a link to to it ninja man? Would realy appreciate it.

It has been found! (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39944) We should probably move the on-topic discussion there.

That leaves us with an on-going off-topic conversation to continue. :)

It is still modifying a noun and not being used as a preposition.:focus: I yield

Luckily, I only said that it "is also deemed acceptable in some cases." Those cases were where a shortened version is required, like on space-limited signs, forms, and road markings. In fact, I was specifically thinking of markings I've seen actually painted on the road when I said that but I mentioned fast-food because it's nearly universally applied there.

tapdiggy
March 22nd, 2010, 02:51 AM
Let it go.

CZroe
March 22nd, 2010, 02:57 AM
Let it go.

It's a joke.