View Full Version : asian cycle rear turn signals

Hunsy34
March 16th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I actually have a couple questions to ask, it says to use epoxy to keep the bulb insert to stick to the outside pods as turn signals and I was wondering if any used epoxy from napa where it has two tube and one handle to press down? Or did you use something stronger or better then epoxy? And my last one is I am from Pennsylvania I looked on the dmv site and other sites I cant find what it is gonna take to pass inspection for the turn signals to be legal as for them to 9 or 12 inches apart like other states. Was wondering if anyone could help me out that way I am not suprised if it doesn't pass.

m3fan4ever
March 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I actually used a hot glue gun to get those sockets to stay in the pods. It dries fast enough that you can hold the socket in place while it hardens. I don't think the bulbs or sockets will ever get hot enough to melt the glue. So far I haven't had any problems with it.

JeffM
March 16th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I used regular ol' epoxy and it worked fine.

My turn signals passed in Utah. Check your local regs. I would leave the bike set up ( wire everything up with plugs ) so you can re-install the stock signals just in case.

Jeff

Verus Cidere
March 17th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I used epoxy as well. No problems. And I feel a little spoiled. There is no inspection in New Mexico for that sort of thing.