View Full Version : New seat cover, DIY Fender Eliminator in Progress.....

cnichols79us
March 16th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Hey all. Got my new Custom Seat Creations seat cover and got it put on my 2007... Sorry no pick on the bike yet. You can see its butt is blown apart at the moment. :) I ordered it in Carbon Fiber Black and Carbon Fiber Red and it looks GREAT. Becky does such AWESOME work its unreal. I didn't bother matching the reds up perfect, but I am going to do some other red on the bike that matches the seat cover red. I installed it myself, and for my 1st time doing that sort of thing, I am Happy with the result.

I am also doing a DIY rear fender eliminator that I have started on. The metal bracket pic is what I am using to attach the license plate and stock turn signals. I had already started cutting when I figured I should take pics. The bottom fender pic is the top half of the fender that I hacked off and made pretty again and the bottom half all cut up. I will post more progress on this if people are interested, more pics if nothing else.

I got the bracket driiled to mount and shaped more after these pics today. When it is done and fully shaped, i will paint it flat black and it will blend into the fender. Gonna turn out well, I hope. :) If anyone wants a DIY list, let me know and I will post later.:thumbup:

Snake
March 17th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Our pre-gens look so much better with the fender cut. I just wish someone made a tire hugger for our bikes.
Great job so far.

cnichols79us
March 17th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I would Definately fork out the $$$ for a hugger if someone started making them. I find it really funny that these bikes came out in 1986, went YEARS with a very loyal following and great sales numbers, and still there are hardly ANY aftermarket mods. UNLESS you bought a 2008 or newer..... ;) All the New-Gen guys make me jealous of all the cool stuff available...

And thanks for the compliment. Will hopefully have a finished pic up tommorrow. :)

cnichols79us
March 18th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Finished up the Fender Elimination today! I am pretty happy with it. Cost all of $10 to accomplish instead of $100 for the Competiton Werkes I wanted to get, so I am happy with the result. Retained stock turn signals, fabricated the mounts from lumber joint supports as Brian suggests on the 250.net wiki. Flat blacked all the metal after fab work, turned out ok, I think anyway. :)

Snake
March 19th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Looks great Jeff. Thats the same thing I did to my bike. I have you put extra lights in the brake pods yet? Makes the rear end look wider and others see you better.

cnichols79us
March 19th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I put lights in the extra pods right after I bought it in 2007. I wanted the brake light as visible as possible, and making it double wide seemed like a good way to go. Strange they come stock with those empty pods.? thanks again for the compliments Rick. What did you use for a plate/signal bracket on yours?

HKr1
March 19th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Good job, looks nice :thumbup:

CZroe
March 2nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Our pre-gens look so much better with the fender cut. I just wish someone made a tire hugger for our bikes.
Great job so far.

Look at that hugger-shaped piece of plastic part from the fender removal. Start any gears turning in your head?