View Full Version : 07 250r spitting fuel

atonyhu
March 20th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Tried to start my bike and it would not run right hard to start and then it shut off and blew all the fuel from the bowls in to the air box. Any Ideas?

kkim
March 20th, 2010, 11:28 AM
...and then it shut off and blew all the fuel from the bowls in to the air box. Any Ideas?

what makes you say that?:confused: were the bowls completely dry at that point?

atonyhu
March 20th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I had the air filter and screens pulled back. When the bike shut off about half a quart of fuel blew out of the carbs. whether it came out of the bowls or not i don't know but it came from some where.

kkim
March 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
there will always be some blow back, but normally you don't see it with the filter on.

what was the condition of the bike just prior to this?

have you been able to get the bike started? if not, try starting it using the drill as if it's flooded, then try again.

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/What_can_I_do_if_I_flood_it%3F

atonyhu
March 20th, 2010, 04:51 PM
It will start as long as it hits on the first try. If it does not I have to wait 5 to 10 mins and try again. I know that it sounds like it is flooded but even when it does hit it will not stay running even at a higher rpm eventually it falls on its face and as it falls its like the intake becomes the exhaust and blows a lot of fuelout in to the air box.
Before it sat over the winter.( before I bought it) it ran fine. Like I said it only has 2500 mi and the previous owner had it serviced regularly at 500 and then at 2000 mi.

kkim
March 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM
did you do anything to the bike over winter? adjust valves, maybe?

atonyhu
March 21st, 2010, 06:27 AM
I bought it this way. I don't know if the previous owner did that or not. Now that would make sense if he made the intake to tight. I will have to check.

atonyhu
March 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Checked the valves and sure enough they were way too tight. Adusted them and the bike stared right away. I was worred. $500.00 well spent now. I should be able to make some money on it.

Thanks for the help.