View Full Version : sleeve sizing info for women's jackets

EngrNewf
March 20th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know the Joe Rocket, Icon, or Scorpion sleave sizing info?

I'm wondering if the XS in anything has a long enough arm length.

Zombiphone
March 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Scorpion has a sizing chart on their website that includes sleeve length:
http://www.scorpionusa.com/support/fitment-exowear.html
I have the Nikki Jacket from them in a small and I'd say it's true to size. I just measured my arm length based on their chart for accuracy, and my arm about matches the measurement they have for small. The sleeves are just long enough to comfortably cover the bones of my wrist, so I'd say they're pretty spot on. I've heard some people say they run a bit small though, but from my experience, I wear the same sizes in their leathers as I do in my general clothing.

Icon has a sizing chart that includes sleeve length for each jacket on their site as well. Not sure which one you're considering or how accurate it is, as I've never owned an icon jacket, but their site's:
http://www.rideicon.com

And I've also never owned a joe rocket jacket and their site only measures bust, waist, and hips, so I can't help there. If you have pretty basic, generic proportions, you'll probably be fine basing off those measurements, but yeah, that doesn't really help.

Your best bet would, of course, be to find a place that you can try on the jackets. Or at least find somewhere that'll let you return it if you have to order the size and it just doesn't fit. If the sleeves end up running a little short no matter what though, depending on how short we're talking, of course, you can always just wear gauntlets to compensate.

EngrNewf
March 21st, 2010, 04:10 AM
Oh there's places I can find the jackets, but they always carry the larges, which of course are alright in the sleaves. Thanks for going through the trouble of finding that and measuring. I was finding size charts yesterday but they had no length measurements.

I tried on a Medium Scorpion jacket and had to pull everything in and it was still a little loose but didn't look bad and it just fit in the sleaves so I was afraid to go smaller. I was trying it on because I wanted a nip tuck jacket and figured all their sleaves would be the same length but apparently it varies through size and style! Thanks.

I also bought the Scorpion Savannah pants and according to the size charts I'm a size XS and they said it runs small so I ordered 2 sizes up (M, so I could wear jeans under). Anyway, they were BAR tight and I ended up needing a size L! The jacket I tried on was about the size I thought it would be though.

I'm a fan of your gear btw, I was looking into getting the black version of your pants, what were the sizes in that like? And what jacket is that?

noche_caliente
March 21st, 2010, 08:05 AM
Terri-Lynn, New Enough has great customer service, and I"m pretty sure that if you call them or send them an e-mail they'd be happy to take measurements of any item they have in stock for you :)

EngrNewf
March 21st, 2010, 09:25 AM
Terri-Lynn, New Enough has great customer service, and I"m pretty sure that if you call them or send them an e-mail they'd be happy to take measurements of any item they have in stock for you :)

I don't see any women's gear at all?

noche_caliente
March 21st, 2010, 01:10 PM
it's there, but not a huge selection - you just have to look under each of the brands you're interested in, as they have most of it listed in alphabetical order, so the women's stuff is usually last