View Full Version : DC/VA/MD Riders

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kappuru
April 17th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Anyone ride 250s up here? I went on a group ride tonight from Tyson's Corner to DC but was the only 250 there.. I wouldn't say I had to struggle to keep up but it'd be nice to have some other people in the same class..

kkim
April 17th, 2009, 11:10 PM
there are a few. give them time and they'll come out of the woodwork. :D

Snake
April 18th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Next time you here of a group ride; post it here and I'm sure a few people from your area will be there.

noche_caliente
May 1st, 2009, 05:47 PM
I know there will be one up that way in a couple of weeks

NJD022588
May 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM

Thats me.

I'll be going back home for the summer on May 17th

noche_caliente
May 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
:(

BlueTyke
May 3rd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Gotta give me time to make sure I can schedule it in.... :)

I am under the firm belief of "If you post it...they may come" :D

BlueRaven
May 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
u can also check out the member map to see who's in your area.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11545

BlueTyke
May 4th, 2009, 09:47 AM

Orly???

Banzai
May 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I'm in Norfolk, but my parents live in Rockville, MD, and I get up that way a lot. 240miles one way is a long haul in a 250, but coming up 17/301 is a blast! I was up there Memorial Day weekend and did Rolling Thunder!

RRTRIDER
September 15th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Sup. I just picked up a 250 as my first bike a lil over a week ago. hit me up if you want to ride sometime!

anomolli
September 28th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I live in Rockville, MD and need some other 250's to run with. Drop me a message if you're up this way again.

anomolli
September 29th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I went to the website, but most of it is still under construction. And there's not a lot of information regarding the thursday night event. Can you tell me what it's all about? like what do you do there?

Nfiniti
October 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I just got a 250R. Let's ride! =]

RRTRIDER
October 29th, 2009, 03:28 PM
where are you located nfiniti? its getting colder, we should get a ride in soon.

Nfiniti
October 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM
where are you located nfiniti? its getting colder, we should get a ride in soon.

Falls Church =] Yea definitely =]

Nfiniti
October 31st, 2009, 12:13 AM
Anyone in NoVa want to ride tomorrow? It's suppose to rain at 1 or so. I figure we can get a ride in before then =P I can ride starting at 10am =]

bnnttdrew
November 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Hey, I'm located around Fair Oaks and ride as long as there is no snow on the ground. If your ever looking for someone to ride with let me know. If I am free I am down to ride.

Nfiniti
November 4th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I'd like to ride this saturday, preferrably in the morning, before it gets too sunny. I'm really not sure of where to ride so any place/roads would be fine with me.

Lets coordinate on what roads to ride and meet there at a certain place at a certain time Saturday. I can try to wake up at 8 or 9AM, and meet at 10AM to ride.

I'm open to suggestions =]

bnnttdrew
November 4th, 2009, 01:04 PM
What is the desired length of ride. I know of a route that takes us out to skyline drive, leaving around 10ish and finally returning around 5ish, depending on length of lunch and amount of scenic stops. Let me know, I should be good to go this weekend.

Nfiniti
November 4th, 2009, 02:21 PM
What is the desired length of ride. I know of a route that takes us out to skyline drive, leaving around 10ish and finally returning around 5ish, depending on length of lunch and amount of scenic stops. Let me know, I should be good to go this weekend.

I've only had my bike for 3 weeks and have only put about 200 miles on it. That's long O_O, I think I can do it though =] I'm in (for a ride from 10am up to any amount of time you want but 5pm would be the latest)! Let's try to round up some more people! =P

bnnttdrew
November 5th, 2009, 12:21 PM
We can enjoy the road to and from Skyline Drive. Almost cut the trip in half. If you want to start a page for the trip in specific that works to, see if we can grab some more people.

RRTRIDER
November 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
you guys want to go for a ride this friday? its too bad i work weekends.

Nfiniti
November 9th, 2009, 06:35 PM
If we can't ride together, let's do a NoVa 250 meet! =P

Nfiniti
November 9th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I'll be up for a ride this Friday if another forum member comes =P

gogoKawi
November 9th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I just moved back to DC. I'm looking for some folks to ride with. If you ride this Friday or the weekend, I would love to join in.

bnnttdrew
November 10th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I am down for a friday ride. Would prefer a morning/early afternoon ride. I can think of some areas to ride, mostly west of fairfax. Lets try to get something together.

Nfiniti
November 10th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I'd prefer a early morning/afternoon ride on the weekend but I can go Friday evening since that's when RRTRider can go. Either way, we should probably meet up and break the ice a bit before going on a ride with strangers from the internet =P

Nfiniti
November 10th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I just moved back to DC. I'm looking for some folks to ride with. If you ride this Friday or the weekend, I would love to join in.

Welcome Andre =]

RRTRIDER
November 11th, 2009, 04:18 PM
hey guys. anytime after 12 pm this friday is good with me. forecast says its gonna rain, keep an eye out tho if it changes. if it does, we'll set a time and location to meet tomorrow. i dont ride in the rain unless i have to. dam i hate working weekends!

Nfiniti
November 11th, 2009, 06:32 PM
hey guys. anytime after 12 pm this friday is good with me. forecast says its gonna rain, keep an eye out tho if it changes. if it does, we'll set a time and location to meet tomorrow. i dont ride in the rain unless i have to. dam i hate working weekends!

I work Fridays and won't get out until 5pm I can be ready to ride by 6:30pm. If you guys can go later Friday evening/night, lets do it. If not, you guys have a fun ride and lets ride next time! =]

gogoKawi
November 11th, 2009, 07:13 PM
It looks like it's going to rain through Saturday. Shall we postpone until after the rain stops? I'm not a fan of wet leaves under the moto.

bnnttdrew
November 11th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Waiting til the rain stops sounds like s good idea to me. I commute via 250 and though rain and cold weather are fine by me, those are not conditions that I would consider enjoyable for a cruise. Also if others feel that a get-together before a ride would be best I'm down. Maybe this rainy period would be perfect for such a meeting.

Nfiniti
November 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Waiting til the rain stops sounds like s good idea to me. I commute via 250 and though rain and cold weather are fine by me, those are not conditions that I would consider enjoyable for a cruise. Also if others feel that a get-together before a ride would be best I'm down. Maybe this rainy period would be perfect for such a meeting.

Yea, it's probably best to postpone until the rain stop. I'm absolutely want to ride this week/weekend. Sunday looks like it may be sunny =] I'd like to ride then.

I think a get-together would be a good idea =] Anywhere in Virginia would be good for me =] Thanks!

gogoKawi
November 13th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Sunday looks to be a great day, in the low 70s. Since it's football day, I'm assuming we may want to ride early.

Nfiniti
November 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Sunday looks to be a great day, in the low 70s. Since it's football day, I'm assuming we may want to ride early.

Sure! I can do a ride anytime from early morning until 4pm or so =] Let me know =]

RRTRIDER
November 15th, 2009, 10:35 PM
hey guys. the weather looks pretty decent this week. you guys still up for a 250 meetup or a short ride? when are you guys free on the weekdays?

Nfiniti
November 16th, 2009, 09:20 AM
hey guys. the weather looks pretty decent this week. you guys still up for a 250 meetup or a short ride? when are you guys free on the weekdays?

I'm up for a meet or a ride, I work weekdays but can be ready to meet or ride at 5:30pm or so.

I'm in Falls Church.

gogoKawi
November 16th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I went riding on Sunday. It's been a while since I had the time to enjoy the sites in DC. Just about everyone with a motorcycle was out. I saw an 09 green 250 out in Beltsville, MD. Caught me off guard.

Let's try to put together some definite times. I'm not a fan of riding at night in rush hour. Let's shoot for Saturday or Sunday. That's gives us some time to plan some decent location and times.

Nfiniti
November 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I went riding on Sunday. It's been a while since I had the time to enjoy the sites in DC. Just about everyone with a motorcycle was out. I saw an 09 green 250 out in Beltsville, MD. Caught me off guard.

Let's try to put together some definite times. I'm not a fan of riding at night in rush hour. Let's shoot for Saturday or Sunday. That's gives us some time to plan some decent location and times.

How about a route such as this (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=N+Glebe+Rd&daddr=Georgetown+Pike+to:Georgetown+Pike+to:Algonkian+Pkwy+to:Algonkian+Pkwy+to: Algonkian+Pkwy+to:Dickerson+Rd%2FMD-28+E+to:W+Willard+Rd+to:River+Rd+to:Clara+Barton+Pkwy+to:Chain+Bridge+Rd+NW&geocode=FcgBUgIdhkRn-w%3BFd9aUgIdj01m-w%3BFXoSUwIdknJk-w%3BFXi5UwIdwJ9j-w%3BFcDpUwIdXuVi-w%3BFZPIUwIdXKFi-w%3BFZ6uVgIdxHRi-w%3BFb5oVAId4rBi-w%3BFUYdVAIdCGlk-w%3BFUapUgId3zBm-w%3BFWgHUgIdllxn-w&hl=en&mra=mr&mrcr=0&via=1,2,3,4,5,7&sll=38.91962,-77.094841&sspn=0.107113,0.264187&ie=UTF8&z=13)on Sunday? Modify it as you see fit and let us know if the route is ok =]

Thanks!

RRTRIDER
November 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Its too bad I work all day this Sunday. I get off at 3 PM on Saturday if you guys want to do a ride later on in the day. I am also good this Friday too. Anybody wanna go for a ride today?

gogoKawi
November 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
How about a route such as this (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=N+Glebe+Rd&daddr=Georgetown+Pike+to:Georgetown+Pike+to:Algonkian+Pkwy+to:Algonkian+Pkwy+to: Algonkian+Pkwy+to:Dickerson+Rd%2FMD-28+E+to:W+Willard+Rd+to:River+Rd+to:Clara+Barton+Pkwy+to:Chain+Bridge+Rd+NW&geocode=FcgBUgIdhkRn-w%3BFd9aUgIdj01m-w%3BFXoSUwIdknJk-w%3BFXi5UwIdwJ9j-w%3BFcDpUwIdXuVi-w%3BFZPIUwIdXKFi-w%3BFZ6uVgIdxHRi-w%3BFb5oVAId4rBi-w%3BFUYdVAIdCGlk-w%3BFUapUgId3zBm-w%3BFWgHUgIdllxn-w&hl=en&mra=mr&mrcr=0&via=1,2,3,4,5,7&sll=38.91962,-77.094841&sspn=0.107113,0.264187&ie=UTF8&z=13)on Sunday? Modify it as you see fit and let us know if the route is ok =]

Thanks!

I'm not really familiar with Northern VA. But it looks like a good route. Let's setup a time. How about 10am?

So far, it's Nfiniti and I. It looks like Andy has to work on Sunday. Are there any other potentials?

Nfiniti
November 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I'm not really familiar with Northern VA. But it looks like a good route. Let's setup a time. How about 10am?

So far, it's Nfiniti and I. It looks like Andy has to work on Sunday. Are there any other potentials?

Andre,

10 AM sounds good. I'm not familiar with the Arlington but let's find a place to meet there?

Andy,

I can also ride Saturday at 3 if you're up for it =P I'd like to get home before dark, and it sun set is at 5pm or so Saturday so that means we have about 2 hours =] Let me know where you want to meet =]

Nfiniti
November 18th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Andre,

It seems that it may rain Sunday, but I'm still up for it if you are =P (We can just take it slow) We may want to play it by ear and see if it's just small showers and not a downpour as we get closer to the date.

Also, can you do Saturday at 3pm?

gogoKawi
November 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM
My preference is to only ride in the rain if we are caught in it. If I was still in Florida, I would say let's do it. But the rain up here is cold!!!

Saturday at 3pm is fine with me. I'm fine with meeting at Glebe Rd, the starting point. I was just there on Sunday.

RRTRIDER
November 18th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Saturday sounds good. I get off at 3 PM and I should be geared up by around 3:30. Would it to be possible to meet somewhere in Fairfax and we can ride to wherever from there?

Nfiniti
November 18th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Saturday sounds good. I get off at 3 PM and I should be geared up by around 3:30. Would it to be possible to meet somewhere in Fairfax and we can ride to wherever from there?

Is there any way you can get off 30 min earlier? =P

Andre's from DC so I figured Arlington would be pretty a compromise for us all.

Plus that's where the route will start?

Or what I can do is, I can meet Andre at Glebe at 3:00 and we can ride to you in fairfax and get there at no later than 3:30 and start the route from there. We can modify the route a little bit.

Cool, I think this ride is coming together =P

Nfiniti
November 18th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Is there any way you can get off 30 min earlier? =P

Andre's from DC so I figured Arlington would be pretty a compromise for us all.

Plus that's where the route will start?

Or what I can do is, I can meet Andre at Glebe at 3:00 and we can ride to you in fairfax and get there at no later than 3:30 and start the route from there. We can modify the route a little bit.

Cool, I think this ride is coming together =P

Or we can all just all meet in fairfax somewhere at 3:30 PM. Andre, if you're not familiar with fairfax I can meet you somewhere in Arlington by Glebe Rd maybe sometime before 3:30PM and ride with you to fairfax.

RRTRIDER
November 18th, 2009, 07:44 PM
sorry i doubt i can get off 30 minutes earlier. but if i can, i will contact you guys. ill can get home and get ready by 3:30. i live around Fair Oaks Mall, so if we can meet somewhere near there and start our route that will be great. i don't want to hold you all up though. if not i can meet you somewhere, but i am not good with directions. one of my future mods is to get a GPS mounted on the bike lol.

anomolli
November 18th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Hey guys,

I'd be down to meet up and ride on Saturday either at 3:00 or 3:30 as well. My name's Mollika, nice to meet you all.

Nfiniti
November 18th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Guys, I'm going to coordinate this ride via PM from now on. Msg if you're interested. I'm modifying the route.

The ride is from 3:30pm until 7:30 Saturday. Sunset is about 4:45pm so make sure you have clear visor or something because on the 2nd half of the ride it'll be somewhat darker.

gogoKawi
November 18th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Welcome Mollika. The more the merrier. Hopefully some others will come out of the woodwork.

Thanks Nfiniti. PMs are a good idea. Once the details are nailed down, it would be good to post them here so others that may be interested can see what's up.

Nfiniti
November 18th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Hi Mollika! ::waves::

Yea I'll do that Andre. I'll post the time and location and the stopping points. I also don't want to publicize the exact route and locations, because... I don't want to get harassed =P by you know who... =]

Nfiniti
November 18th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Just an overview of the planned ride with the following stopping points:

This Saturday Nov, 21st @3:00pm @Arlington (2 or more riders)
Stop by Fairfax @3:30pm (+1 rider)
Stop by Leesburg @4:30pm
Stop by MD @5:30pm
Stop by Arlington @6:30pm

If you're interested please MSG me =]

RRTRIDER
November 18th, 2009, 10:47 PM
we should cut out a destination and make time for dinner. i am trying to gain weight!

Nfiniti
November 19th, 2009, 07:32 AM
we should cut out a destination and make time for dinner. i am trying to gain weight!

Dinner at the end? We should be ending it at around 6:30pm. We can coordinate on it later. I know I'm definitely going to be hungry by then. I'm looking to gain some pounds also.

RRTRIDER
November 20th, 2009, 09:09 PM
so how many people are showing up tomorrow for sure? i cant make it for dinner, i will have to leave around 6ish. but ill see you guys at the sunoco at 3:30pm!

gogoKawi
November 20th, 2009, 10:36 PM
See you all tomorrow. Should be a great day for a ride.

Nfiniti
November 21st, 2009, 10:49 AM
so how many people are showing up tomorrow for sure? i cant make it for dinner, i will have to leave around 6ish. but ill see you guys at the sunoco at 3:30pm!

Andre, Mollika, You, and myself.

Armored_Pig
November 21st, 2009, 11:31 PM
hey good ride guys--this is Joseph, the guy with the GS

anomolli
November 22nd, 2009, 10:42 AM
Hey Guys,

It was nice meeting everyone. Good ride, love some of the roads. Def want to try them again in the spring since the days don't last as long now.

@Joseph, i liked your tank bag so much, i just bought one last night!

Cheers.

Nfiniti
November 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
If you guys have pix post them on the ride report sub-forum =]

anomolli
November 22nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
I only had one pic, but started the thread if you want to add more...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=123402#post123402

Armored_Pig
November 22nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Hey Guys,

It was nice meeting everyone. Good ride, love some of the roads. Def want to try them again in the spring since the days don't last as long now.

@Joseph, i liked your tank bag so much, i just bought one last night!

Cheers.

Awesome! Yeah, its a great bag--it seems to be the only one I could find that doesn't break up the lines of a sportbike.. Theres a matching tail bag too--the manta tail, looks interesting but small.

Nfiniti
March 21st, 2010, 03:59 PM
The weather's great now and I'm just gauging interest for a group ride.

Thanks!

BlueTyke
April 3rd, 2010, 07:10 AM
I am interested! Northern MD here. Willing to ride ^^

Hadyn
April 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I'd be up for it, just as soon as I get a bike. :D

BlueTyke
April 5th, 2010, 05:00 PM
well get on that! The season is upon us! :D Hah teasing. Take your time :)

Nfiniti
April 6th, 2010, 05:32 PM
I know there are more of you guys, let's come out and ride! =)

bobguy
April 6th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Im in!!!!!

As of tonight I am about to start the 7500 mile work on my bike (which is at 9000 miles...bad, I know...my trucks in the shop and I had to use my bike for work). I have a week off of work and this is my top priority. First time really digging into my bike myself...so this should be fun. Once I get all that finished I'll be good to go!

gogoKawi
April 7th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Sounds good. I'm in.

bnnttdrew
April 7th, 2010, 03:07 PM
I"m in.

gogoKawi
April 8th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Let's start to look at some dates. I'm guessing the weekend is the only time we can get people together. So, how about the weekend of April 24th or May 1st?

It looks like we have people from DC/MD/VA. So, a somewhat central meeting spot would be cool, or at least a place that's on the way to our riding route. Will have to think about that one.

Speaking of route, there are numerous possibilities. MD and VA have wonderful roads that are scenic and motorcycle friendly. Any suggestions?

I will see if I can get the others that I rode with in November to join us.

BlueTyke
April 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
The Patomic area is nice from what I have heard. I've never been that way. Most of my explorations have been in northern MD and southern PA. Living in that area and all. even then I 'grew up' in the mountains of CA so none of the roads I have been on, with the exception of Blue Ridge last year, compare.

I've heard from those on other boards that South western MD and VA are good places but not mid to north east MD, I assure you... I've looked ><

xtrapsi
April 11th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I'm in NC taking the MSF and getting my endorsement but I should be back in town by that weekend!
I'll be ready to start putting some miles on the bike...you guys just gotta be patient with a total noob! I may have to play catch up a lot!

gogoKawi
April 11th, 2010, 11:34 PM
even then I 'grew up' in the mountains of CA so none of the roads I have been on, with the exception of Blue Ridge last year, compare.

I've heard from those on other boards that South western MD and VA are good places but not mid to north east MD, I assure you... I've looked ><

Southern MD is awesome. Actually, there is a ride with a group on Saturday morning to the Tiki Bar on Solomon's Island. This is the route they are taking: Solomon's route (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=S+Van+Dorn+St&daddr=85+Charles+St,+Solomons,+MD+to:38.289937,-76.626205+to:Budds+Creek+Rd/MD-234+to:I-95+N&geocode=FdGsTwIdDANn-w;;;FeI6SgId5idq-w;FdhISQId_Nph-w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=1,2&mrsp=2&sz=11&sll=38.321188,-76.740875&sspn=0.389483,0.597382&ie=UTF8&ll=38.52883,-76.948242&spn=0.776724,1.194763&z=10)
We don't have to do the whole thing, unless you want to. But, it sounds like a fun ride. There will be 11 sportbikes taking the ride. I know for sure there will be one person with a 250. Brand new 2010 special edition. I met him Saturday when we rode to Annapolis. Everyone else has 600s and up. The group is cool and no one gets left behind. I've ridden with them a few of times. They are leaving from the starting point on the map at 10am. If you would like to go, let me know. I'll try to coordinate with them, especially those coming from B-more. Also, you can just join the group by going to Virginia Sport Riders (http://www.meetup.com/virginiasportriders/). There are other groups that take rides all over the place. I know there is one in Ellicott City / Owings Mills. They are some troopers!

you guys just gotta be patient with a total noob! I may have to play catch up a lot!

No worries. Take your time and enjoy the ride. No one get left behind.

Nfiniti
April 12th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Yea let me know and keep me update, I'm interested =)

BlueTyke
April 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I'm in NC taking the MSF and getting my endorsement but I should be back in town by that weekend!
I'll be ready to start putting some miles on the bike...you guys just gotta be patient with a total noob! I may have to play catch up a lot!

I am of the firm belief of going your own pace. I don't care who you are or where you are going. Don't let anyone tell you or make you feel like you must go faster than you feel comfortable. Thats when accident happen. I am in Baltimore let me know if you would like some company.

BlueTyke
April 12th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Southern MD is awesome. Actually, there is a ride with a group on Saturday morning to the Tiki Bar on Solomon's Island. This is the route they are taking: Solomon's route (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=S+Van+Dorn+St&daddr=85+Charles+St,+Solomons,+MD+to:38.289937,-76.626205+to:Budds+Creek+Rd/MD-234+to:I-95+N&geocode=FdGsTwIdDANn-w;;;FeI6SgId5idq-w;FdhISQId_Nph-w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=1,2&mrsp=2&sz=11&sll=38.321188,-76.740875&sspn=0.389483,0.597382&ie=UTF8&ll=38.52883,-76.948242&spn=0.776724,1.194763&z=10)
We don't have to do the whole thing, unless you want to. But, it sounds like a fun ride. There will be 11 sportbikes taking the ride. I know for sure there will be one person with a 250. Brand new 2010 special edition. I met him Saturday when we rode to Annapolis. Everyone else has 600s and up. The group is cool and no one gets left behind. I've ridden with them a few of times. They are leaving from the starting point on the map at 10am. If you would like to go, let me know. I'll try to coordinate with them, especially those coming from B-more. Also, you can just join the group by going to Virginia Sport Riders (http://www.meetup.com/virginiasportriders/). There are other groups that take rides all over the place. I know there is one in Ellicott City / Owings Mills. They are some troopers!

I think I saw that one on DCSportbike.com... What time are they meeting on Saturday?

Momaru
April 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Let's start to look at some dates. I'm guessing the weekend is the only time we can get people together. So, how about the weekend of April 24th or May 1st?

I'm in if ya'll wind up going the weekend of the 1st, just let me know. Unfortunately gonna be working pretty much every remaining day of April to try to meet our deadline at the lab.

gogoKawi
April 12th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I think I saw that one on DCSportbike.com... What time are they meeting on Saturday?

I forgot all about DCSportbikes. Haven't been there in ages. It's a different group meeting in Manassas, VA, which is a ride in itself! :D

It's opening day for the Tiki Bar. From what I have been told, a lot of riders travel there for the event. Weather permitting, I expect many groups to take that ride. I know of a couple of other groups making the trip as well. It sounds like a good time, with a whole lot of motorcycles.

BlueTyke
April 13th, 2010, 04:26 PM
What time and where is your group meeting then?

gogoKawi
April 13th, 2010, 11:10 PM
They are meeting at 9:30 am at Kingstowne Center, which is in Alexandria. That's a hike for those coming from Baltimore. I would rather meet them at another location on the way. If enough people plan on attending, I'm sure they won't have a problem doing that. Preferably some place off of 495.

I posted the route in an earlier post. It will give you an idea of the full route.

BlueTyke
April 14th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Erm.. Well I am interested in riding thats for sure. Going to Alexandria seems to be nothing compaired to going over to Blue Ridge Parkway.. I did that last year... I am a Motorcyclist... I have no fear of traveling :)

gogoKawi
April 14th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Well, it looks like there is a closer location to meet. We will be at the Exxon gas station (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=38.949026,-76.718683&num=1&t=h&sll=38.626056,-76.970067&sspn=0.063033,0.154524&ie=UTF8&ll=38.94903,-76.718656&spn=0.002215,0.005252&z=18) on 16450 Harbour Way in Bowie, MD. Meeting time is 10:30 am on 4/17/2010.

For those living in VA, you can still meet the first group at the Kingstowne Center. If you are in DC or MD, it might be best to meet at the Bowie location.

It looks like the group has grown a bit. The DCSportbike.com crew is meeting us there. There will be between 20 and 30 bikes taking the trip.

Let me know if you plan on being there so I know to look out for you. The group leaves pretty promptly. So if you plan on attending, try to get to the respective location a tad early. It will give you time to get acquainted with the other riders. If you change your mind or can't attend at the last minute, reply to the thread. I will check my emails as often as possible that day. Hopefully, we will have a good turn out!

BlueTyke
April 15th, 2010, 01:11 PM
10:30 even gives me time to sleep in! Hah! ;)

I am planning on being there. I'll be on the 06 Blue Ninja 250. Grey/black leathers... and a back pack... 20-30 bikes is a bunch but nothing I haven't handled in the past.

Nfiniti
April 15th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I can't make it this weekend, but if you guys plan another ride, please let me know. I'm interested! =)

gogoKawi
April 16th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Looks like Sunny will be the only one attending on Saturday. I'll be on the green 250 with green and white helmet.

Hopefully, we can still plan a ride with everyone else. I know this was a bad weekend for most. Andrew, get that bike! :)

gogoKawi
April 16th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Quick update on the 4/17 ride. We meet in Bowie, MD at 10am. Kickstands are up at 10:30 am. Just want to make sure just in case you were planning on getting there around 10:30 am.

I'll see those that are coming tomorrow.

Hadyn
April 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Andrew, get that bike! :)
Aye, I'm working on it. Have fun this weekend! Hope I can join you guys later this season. :)

BlueTyke
April 16th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Quick update on the 4/17 ride. We meet in Bowie, MD at 10am. Kickstands are up at 10:30 am. Just want to make sure just in case you were planning on getting there around 10:30 am.

I'll see those that are coming tomorrow.

I am still attending :)
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueTyke
April 17th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I'm alive awake alert enthusiastic... I'm alive awake alert enthusiastic.... I'm alive awake alert...I'm alert awake alive... I'm alive awake alert enthusiastic... :D

BlueTyke
April 17th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I'm here.... :)
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueTyke
April 17th, 2010, 04:04 PM
sorry! I've been home! Already showered :)

gogoKawi
April 17th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Glad you made it home safely. Those winds were brutal.

BlueTyke
April 18th, 2010, 06:41 AM
NO kidding!! Going on 97 I am sure the cars thought I was drunk... Though a few of them I thought were too! It was pushing around SUVs! I was glad to get home though!

It was really great to meet you! Did the other guys make it home okay?

I have the pics on my computer just gotta remember my photobucket stuff so I can see if my account has space ^^

gogoKawi
April 18th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Everyone made it home just fine. They are trying to plan another ride next week. We will see... But, it was great to meet and ride with you. I had a blast. And the antics of the fake Kanye West and Eminem at Solomon's Island added a little comedy to the ride. Hilarious!!!

gogoKawi
April 18th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I still want to plan a ride with the other 250s in the area. Can we tentatively plan something for the weekend of May 1st? Please let me know if you can or can not. I will do some road scouting over the next 2 weeks for some possible routes. But if there is a ride going on that week with another group, we can "hijack" that if you want. :) Or if you want to do an all 250 ride, we can go that route too. Dust off those bikes and let's ride!

BlueTyke
April 21st, 2010, 06:15 PM
Everyone made it home just fine. They are trying to plan another ride next week. We will see... But, it was great to meet and ride with you. I had a blast. And the antics of the fake Kanye West and Eminem at Solomon's Island added a little comedy to the ride. Hilarious!!!

Omg that was sooo funny! ^^ Now be good and not repeat that :p hehehe

As for planning... Maybe throwing up a ride that coordinates with another group ride is a good idea. It worked out well this time around. That way also if no one shows you won't be riding by yourself. I am not sure what the plans are just yet I am certainly a Tentive lets ride! :D

rsamtani
April 30th, 2010, 01:22 PM
hey guys. I just registered and I live in Maryland. Definitely down for a group ride if yall do it again!

BlueTyke
April 30th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Where abouts in MD? It's kinda bigger than it seems ^^

rsamtani
April 30th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Where abouts in MD? It's kinda bigger than it seems ^^

word, I probably shoulda mentioned that. I'm out in frederick. Awesome scenic routes around here for sure.

rsmutus
May 1st, 2010, 10:40 PM
Hey let me know if there's going to be another group ride, the eastern panhandle of WV isn't that far :D

Hadyn
May 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
Now that I've got myself some wheels, I'm up for a group ride sometime.
It might be a little above my skill level, but Skyline Drive seems like it would be an awesome ride.

gogoKawi
May 2nd, 2010, 09:45 PM
OK. So we have folks from all over the area, B-more, WV, northern VA, Northern MD, and DC. I'm all for setting up a ride. If you know of a route, post it. Then we can make a decision on which route to take.

Skyline drive sounds good. I'm taking that ride next weekend. Yes, Fredrick/Gaithersburg has some excellent roads. Lots of twisties and some straights to stretch out the 250. If you have a route for the area, post it on up.

NotoriousLefty
May 4th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Hey Im in Silver Spring! Def wanna ride with you guys. I check back to see if there is any dates posted and meet spots.

bobguy
May 6th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I ride the Skyline ALL the time. And the Parkway. It's about 20mins from my house. If any of you guys are heading up there for a ride I'll def join in.

Hadyn
May 6th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I heard that route 211 (lee highway) in VA is great fun once you get west of Warrenton. 55mph speed limit and almost as twisty as skyline, which is 35 and VERY strictly enforced.
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueTyke
May 6th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Blue Ridge is nice. Been there once before with some Ninjette riders before.

I have no specific plans or rides.. I am on a budget though ><

rsamtani
May 6th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm down for anything beginning july 1st. Im outta the country from mid may till july

mzk4lyfe101
May 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM
hey guys, I'll be back in NOVA for summer. Im down for any type of group ride. See you there.

rsamtani
May 23rd, 2010, 08:35 PM
anyone free for a ride next weekend?

gogoKawi
May 23rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Sure. With it being the holiday, the main roads will be a little crazy. But, I'm always down for a ride. You have a particular route in mind?

tabogon
May 24th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I will actually be legal on Friday @3:30, so I am up for a ride!

rsamtani
May 24th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I have nothing in mind. I havent really gone past the frederick area with my bike so I'm really down for anything if yall have preferences. Let me know

BlueTyke
May 25th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I could be convensed :D Twist my arm... please... :D

gogoKawi
May 26th, 2010, 12:45 AM
There is a group of riders taking a trip to Skyline Drive on Sunday morning. This is the same day as Rolling Thunder. Skyline or RT? Decisions, decisions... Anyone going to Rolling Thunder?

Hadyn
May 26th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I was planning to go to RT, but it's not set in stone. I'm debating whether or not I want to ride in a group that big. If everyone's going to Skyline I'll just join you.
Posted via Mobile Device

bobguy
May 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
damn, wish I could join. I've got a busted valve, but I doubt I can get it fixed by then.

g21-30
May 26th, 2010, 10:53 AM
damn, wish I could join. I've got a busted valve, but I doubt I can get it fixed by then.

Enquiring minds want to know about this "busted valve". What happened? :(

Momaru
May 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Enquiring minds want to know about this "busted valve". What happened? :(

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45355

gogoKawi
May 27th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I'm riding out on Sunday. It will be a long ride and will take most of the day. I may have to cut out early to go to another engagement. But, the group is meeting at 9:30 location:
Nick's Restaurant & Nightclub
642 S Pickett St
Alexandria, VA 22304

The route is from Nick's we'll take 495 to 66(fastest way to get to Haymarket. We'll stop at Sheetz in Haymarket, then we'll take 55 to some really nice backroads that go around Skyline dr. We'll grab some lunch in Luray. After that, well take famous 211 and again backroads to 66. It will be a relaxing pace. No need to worry about doing breakneck speeds.

It looks like there will be a mix of sport bikes and tourers. It's a cool group and they welcome new riders. If you can make it, let me know so I can look out for you. I will be on the green ZX6, not the 250 this ride. :(

BlueTyke
May 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hour and 15 minute drive to get there from the new pad... I may have to consider this one. I've been getting mixed weather reports, one says rain on sunday and the other says clear and sunny on sunday...

(We aren't stopping at bars this time right?? Tehe!)

gogoKawi
May 28th, 2010, 05:14 PM
New pad? Congrats!

The weather seems a little flaky. Too many mixed reports. If it says rain tomorrow night, more than likely it will be cancelled. This group loves the twisties. So anything that might prevent them from getting their total "lean on" may change the status of the ride. But if not, it will be good to ride with you again Tyke! And, no bar stops this time. This crew is pretty chill compared to the Solomon's Island group. I know how much you enjoyed that one! ;)

Hadyn
May 28th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Count me in for Sunday!

gogoKawi
May 28th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Haydn's in! Tyke is a maybe.

Rsamtani, there's some people coming from Gaithersburg. If you are interested, I can put you in touch with them to ride to the meetup spot in VA. Otherwise, I'll let you know when we ride around your area again. It's a pretty popular spot given the nice roads up there.

This is going to be an all day ride, until 5pm or so. Unfortunately, I will have to roll out early to go to another engagement, probably around 2pm. But, I'm hoping I can stay for the whole ride.

BlueTyke
May 29th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Haydn's in! Tyke is a maybe.

Rsamtani, there's some people coming from Gaithersburg. If you are interested, I can put you in touch with them to ride to the meetup spot in VA. Otherwise, I'll let you know when we ride around your area again. It's a pretty popular spot given the nice roads up there.

This is going to be an all day ride, until 5pm or so. Unfortunately, I will have to roll out early to go to another engagement, probably around 2pm. But, I'm hoping I can stay for the whole ride.

Ohh yeah I am a total bar babe. >< haha not. I am still keepin an eye on the weather but it would be fun to ride with you again!
Posted via Mobile Device

gogoKawi
May 29th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Today was fantastic. Tomorrow looks to be just as good. Just a tad bit hotter, with no chance of rain. So, we are on! Please give one more shout if you can make it. That way I will look out for you.

BlueTyke
May 29th, 2010, 08:39 PM
I am still in... if I can find my pants.... That is the worst thing about moving.. Things do get misplaced ><

If worse comes to worse I'll wear my textiles... :: grumble ::

BlueTyke
May 30th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Iam here
Posted via Mobile Device

BlueTyke
May 30th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Home!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hadyn
May 30th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Oof, 10-hour ride.
It was great fun though! Looking forward to the next one.

BlueTyke
May 30th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Oof, 10-hour ride.
It was great fun though! Looking forward to the next one.

Glad you made it alright! It was nice to meet you!
Posted via Mobile Device

gogoKawi
May 30th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I really appreciate Hadyn and Tyke riding out. It turned out to be a good ride. A LONG one. But, good. Even the little adventure on the dirt and gravel was ok, though I never want to do that again. :D And I don't believe Hadyn has been riding for just a month. He was taking those twisties like a pro! :thumbup:

Hopefully, this will inspire some of you other local riders to come out. I know it's hard to schedule a ride. But, there is an organized ride literally every weekend somewhere in the DMV area. If you want to go for a ride with a decent group, let me know. It would be great for you to come out.

BlueTyke
May 31st, 2010, 09:56 AM
I am thinking a patomic ride... hit the ferry? That would be neat...

gogoKawi
May 31st, 2010, 11:21 PM
You know I am ready whenever you give the word.

tabogon
June 1st, 2010, 05:09 AM
I could probably do that run, depending on the day.

BlueTyke
June 1st, 2010, 03:26 PM
I am just throwing out ideas. I am thinking of tweaking some but yeah...

Something similiar to this:
Scenic rural and park loop near Harpers Ferry (http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=2044)

Whites Ferry Run (http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=3563)

DC-VA-MD trip (http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=3003)

gogoKawi
June 2nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
For those that couldn't make it to the Skyline ride, here is a glimpse of what you missed. It was a very good ride!

Skyline Ride (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5psVt9Et3fw)

rsamtani
June 2nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hey guys, damn my Internet died this weekend so i just managed to check this. That ride looks amazing! I wish I coulda gone. If anyones doing anything again anytime soon let me know.

I am afraid that my lil 250 wont be able to keep up with the big bikes though. Anyone know how the ninja fairs in group rides?

tabogon
June 2nd, 2010, 04:04 PM
I am sorry I missed that, looks like it was a good ride.

Hadyn
June 2nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
I am afraid that my lil 250 wont be able to keep up with the big bikes though. Anyone know how the ninja fairs in group rides?
Don't worry about it. Me and Sunny kept up just fine with the literbikes. The only time it was noticeable that I was on a 250 was when we were passing cars on the little two-lane backroads. Once we got into the nice big 3-mile set of twisties on 211 I got a little behind, but that's because I was riding at my own pace and the other guys were pretty nuts.

And nobody's going to actually leave you on your own, no matter how slow you take it. It's more important to be comfortable than to keep up.

Banzai
June 2nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Don't worry about it. Me and Sunny kept up just fine with the literbikes. .......... I got a little behind, but that's because I was riding at my own pace and the other guys were pretty nuts.

And nobody's going to actually leave you on your own, no matter how slow you take it. It's more important to be comfortable than to keep up.

Having JUST ONE PERSON in a group willing to live by this makes it a group worth riding with, IMHO. Having a whole group who lives/rides by this.....well, I wish there were more groups like this! :thumbup:

gogoKawi
June 2nd, 2010, 08:03 PM
Like Drew said, you should have no problems keeping up. Passing cars and long straight-aways will humble you a bit. (BTW, that's what persuaded me to get a bigger bike!) But, it's no biggie. Ride at your own pace.

I've been real fortunate to ride with groups that don't have a problem with 250s. The group we rode with on Sunday will NEVER leave anyone behind, at least on purpose. We go through a walkthru of rules and guidelines before each ride. Everyone stops at each major intersection or fork in the road. And there is a person that is the dedicated trailer of the group, to make sure no one gets off track.

At least with this group, please don't feel like you can't or shouldn't participate in a ride because you have a 250. Everyone and every bike is welcome. We just had a woman ride with us on Monday (Kawi ER-6N) that only had 2 weeks of riding under her belt. It was her first group ride, not to mention, her first ride in the twisties. And let me tell you, the route we took was no joke. But, she did fine. She rode at about 40 mph the whole way, while the rest of us blasted through. She didn't get left behind. It was a good time.

rsamtani
June 2nd, 2010, 08:48 PM
sounds like I need to ride with you guys! when yall going out next?

gogoKawi
June 2nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
I am just throwing out ideas. I am thinking of tweaking some but yeah...

Something similiar to this:
Scenic rural and park loop near Harpers Ferry (http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=2044)

Whites Ferry Run (http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=3563)

DC-VA-MD trip (http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=3003)

I'm down for any/all of them if you are. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the DC/MD/VA one. I just don't want to come up Route 1 on the way back. Backroads???

Would you want want just the Ninjette crew? Or would you want to mix it up with other riders? I'm cool either way. I'll try to talk Mom into letting me take the 250 out for a while. :D

gogoKawi
June 2nd, 2010, 10:05 PM
sounds like I need to ride with you guys! when yall going out next?

Every weekend! I'm going to Solomon's Island this weekend. But, there is a ride in your neck of the woods on Saturday morning to Burkittsville, MD. The group is the same crew we rode with on Sunday. Not sure if Drew is going. If you are interested, you can sign-up for the email alerts at http://www.meetup.com/Throttle-Control/.

BlueTyke
June 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I stand with the others in saying:

Riding your own pace is a must

So far, and I've ridden with Andre twice now, I've never been left behind

And the 250's as far as I know have never been excluded for their size.

As for rides...

Leme see if I can rope some people into helping me plot the course. I know a lot of people that are familiar... and I don't mind any type of bike. The only thing is if I am leading I am not going to fast...

tabogon
June 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I am pretty sure I will be bored tomorrow. Was thinking of take the bridge tunnel up route 13 and check some stuff out. There is a free NASA visitor center, the Assateague Lighthouse, other junk. Anyways, might do that if anyone near Norfolk wants to take a ride let me know.

Was thinking Blue Ridge, but since it's so late, might not be able to get others to go by morning.

Ash
June 5th, 2010, 09:41 PM
FYI - from Whites Ferry (VA to MD direction) into Poolesville, watch out for a speed camera in Poolesville - if that is the path you all are planning.

rsamtani
June 6th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I went out with the group on Saturday. Amazing time, I had a ton of fun! Looking forward to doing more group rides. It was my first

andre430
June 6th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I would be interested. I have a ninja 250 2007 model but need more confidence. I live in Herndon VA. I have passed the MSF class. And practice in my nieghborhood and have the basics down. But I am still a noob.:rolleyes:

tabogon
June 6th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Well, I didn't go today. See the wife went up to CT to visit her parents for the week and if usually takes me a day or 2 to get use to the house being empty, couldn't fall asleep until about 0530 this morning. :(

Maybe next time, looking forward to meeting a few of you and can't wait for my first group ride. :thumbup:

BlueTyke
June 21st, 2010, 07:03 PM
Please do not hesitate to set something up without me!

due to a recent, another one, turn of events... I am going to be busy for the next few weeks/weekends. All depends on how the dice fall... Sadly partly due to the loss of a family member. (The sole reason for moving to MD in the first place... So there are a few new things to consider)

gogoKawi
June 21st, 2010, 09:48 PM
Please do not hesitate to set something up without me!

due to a recent, another one, turn of events... I am going to be busy for the next few weeks/weekends. All depends on how the dice fall... Sadly partly due to the loss of a family member. (The sole reason for moving to MD in the first place... So there are a few new things to consider)

Sorry to hear about your loss. It can and probably will be rough for a little while. But, keep your head up and take care of business the best you can.

If you are thinking about going back to Cali, take me with you!! :D

BlueTyke
June 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks Andre. I am not sure if we are going to CA just yet.. I doubt it. For now anyway. The job market being what it is and all.

andre430
June 24th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Hey, I'm located around Fair Oaks and ride as long as there is no snow on the ground. If your ever looking for someone to ride with let me know. If I am free I am down to ride.
Hey, I live in Herndon VA. I go to Fair Oaks for shopping all the time. I have been trying to find a fellow ninja rider to go ride. Let me know if your around. My e-mail is Andre430@gmail.com

kappuru
June 24th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I've got a bike now that does 90 in 1st gear, but still have love in my heart for the littlest Ninja. Wouldn't mind going on a nice paced group ride sometime.

gogoKawi
June 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Sorry for the short notice. I'm going on a group ride tomorrow at 10am. It will be a long ride, from Montgomery County to WV to VA and back to MC. If anyone wants to join in, let me know.

gogoKawi
June 25th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry for the short notice. I'm going on a group ride tomorrow at 10am. It will be a long ride, from Montgomery County to WV to VA and back to MC. If anyone wants to join in, let me know. We'll be leaving from Fredrick, MD.

BlueTyke
June 26th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hope you had a good time!

gogoKawi
July 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM
OK peeps. It's been a while. Summer is in full swing, and the riding weather has been fantastic. Let's try to schedule a ride in the upcoming weeks. Throw out some dates and let's work towards it.

In the meantime, I will post when I go on group rides. If anyone wants to join, feel free.

Hadyn
July 11th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Madeline's been out of commission for the last couple weeks, but I am SO eager to get back on the road. Hopefully she should be fixed in the next couple days, so I'm ready for a ride as early as this weekend.

gogoKawi
July 13th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I'm going on a group ride to Luray Saturday 7/17/2010. We are meeting at Nicks Restaurant: 642 S Pickett St Alexandria, VA 22304 at 9am. If you are closer to Montgomery County, another group is meeting at the Shell Gas Station: 600 Quince Orchard Rd, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 at 9am. Both groups will meet at Haymarket around 10am.

If you are interested in going into the caverns, some of the group will take the walking tour. It's $23 to get in. If you aren't interested in the caverns and want to hit the twisties while the others are site seeing, we will ride through Rt. 211.

It will be a fairly long ride, between 6 and 8 hours. Most of our rides are about this length, but you can definitely cut out early if wish. Everyone is welcome. There will be new riders in the group, as well as seasoned ones. And, no one gets left behind.

BlueTyke
July 15th, 2010, 04:40 PM
mmm I've wanted to go to the Luray Caverns... It's the BF's birthday though...

Hadyn
July 17th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Today was awesome! We hit some backroads from Haymarket out to route 211, then took a tour of the (very crowded) caverns and headed south through the forest to 33, hit the mountains and headed back on the highways.

We need more 250s to come out though, I was the only one today except for some other guy on a pre-gen that followed us for a couple miles and then broke off.
If you guys in the DC-Metro area haven't been out to 211 yet you're missing out. The guys from MD go out pretty frequently, they're a great bunch. And don't worry about riding with bigger bikes, you'll be slowing down for them in the corners anyways. :p

BlueTyke
July 17th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Soo jealous!

Jaymi
July 25th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I live in St Mary's county and just did a great ride to Point Lookout State Park. I was just wondering if anyone in the area is interested in riding with a nube?

xtrapsi
July 26th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Yup. This 'nube' is always looking for a ride!

Hadyn
July 27th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Going on a couple rides this weekend, one is taking back roads out to 211 and back on Saturday, and then a route out to 33 on back roads (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=110802025299659019366.00048bec18d67a33e4ae2&z=10)on Sunday.

I'll put up more details when I know them.

Jaymi
July 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I have no idea where you are talking about withour referring to a map but I would be interested in a ride on Sun.

BlueTyke
July 27th, 2010, 04:38 PM
He is talking about down in Virgina I believe :)

xtrapsi
July 27th, 2010, 05:45 PM
The link to google maps is in his post. 211 is just south of that.

Let us know some details! I may be in for a ride!

Jaymi
July 28th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Details please!

Hadyn
July 28th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Saturday:
"Skyline Dr. Backroads Adventure"
There is a group meeting at the Sheetz Station in Haymarket, Virginia (http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&gfns=1&q=15315%20Washington%20StHaymarket%2C%20VA%2020169&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl) at 10:00am sharp. Or, if you're closer to Fairfax, the group will stop at Starbucks on Nutley steet (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=3011%20Nutley%20St%20Fairfax%2C%20VA%2022031&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl) at 9:30 on their way to the Sheetz. I'll be at the Sheetz, but if you're meeting the group at Nick's look for the CBR1000 with the Repsol livery.

From Haymarket, we'll be taking back roads (I'm not sure which ones) out to Route 211. If you're unfamiliar with it, 211 is a very nice section of twisties with a (mostly) 45mph speed limit that runs through Shenandoah National Park and crosses Skyline Drive. The ride leader (Ivan) says we should be finishing up around 3:30pm, but I wouldn't plan a wedding around it.

With this group it's important to ride at your own pace. Don't worry about being left behind (the ride leader waits for everyone whenever there's a turn) and don't try to keep up with the faster guys. 211 isn't that difficult, but there's some light traffic, wildlife, blind corners, and a couple places where gravel likes to accumulate. If you're worried about catching the literbikes, you're not worried about that patch of gravel you're about to hit.

Sunday:
"Lost City"
The day after the 211 ride, some of the same group are heading on a ride out to Route 33 (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=110802025299659019366.00048bec18d67a33e4ae2&z=10) (click for a map of the route) and around some twisty roads in WV. We'll be meeting at the Starbucks on Nutley steet (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=3011%20Nutley%20St%20Fairfax%2C%20VA%2022031&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl) at 10:00 am sharp. Maryland riders can meet the group at the Chevron station in Darnestown (http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&gfns=1&q=12301+Darnestown+Rd.Gaithersburg,+MD&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=12301+Darnestown+Rd,+Gaithersburg,+MD+20878&gl=us&ei=FwdRTNDWAoO8lQfF4_G7CQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA) at 9. The ride leader (Patrick) has a black and green ZX-10.

This will be a 5 or 6 hour ride, maybe longer. Route 33 is a bit more technical and longer than 211, but it's nothing to be afraid of if you're riding in your comfort zone. I'm unfamiliar with the other roads we'll be on, but again, don't try to keep up with the literbikes; nobody gets left behind. (they're pretty slow in the twisties anyway :p)

Let me know if any of you guys plan on coming so I can relay it to the ride leaders. You can also just show up at any of the meeting spots, but make sure you're early. If the ride leader isn't expecting you he's not going to wait around.

Also, both of these rides kinda go out to the middle of nowhere. Make sure you check all your fluid levels and tire pressure beforehand, there's very little cell service out there and it would suck to break down.

xtrapsi
July 30th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I think I'm going on the BurnRide Saturday across the Bay Bridge but I plan on meeting you guys for the Route 33 ride on Sunday.

Hadyn
July 30th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Slight details change for Saturday's ride, instead of Nick's Nightclub we'll be meeting at the Starbucks on Nutley steet (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=3011%20Nutley%20St%20Fairfax%2C%20VA%2022031&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl) at 9:30 and then head out to the haymarket Sheetz.

BlueTyke
July 30th, 2010, 05:43 PM
GASP! A starbucks! Ohh my! Thats a total California thing right there! :D No place like home!

splittrain
August 4th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I am also in the DC area, please keep me in the loop for area rides! xD:thumbup:

gogoKawi
April 25th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I figured it's time to bring this thread back to life! I would love to do an all 250 ride. There are people all over the general area, so we will have to nail down some details on meetup spot and route like VA, MD, DC or all of the above.

Anyone interested? I'm think about the middle of May.

slolane
April 25th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Sounds good, how about Sunday 5/15?

ungluck
April 25th, 2011, 05:07 PM
this makes me miss NoVA..but not much lol, all those back roads goin from 610.back through faquier into PW up into ffx...

slolane
April 25th, 2011, 05:53 PM
this makes me miss NoVA..but not much lol, all those back roads goin from 610.back through faquier into PW up into ffx...

You have time to still make it Chris! :D But I think maybe we should all come visit you! :thumbup:

Live2ride
April 25th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Depending on the date I'd be more than happy for a group ride.

gogoKawi
April 25th, 2011, 08:36 PM
5/15 is a good date. I'm going to open up a new thread. It's a little ways out and people can plan accordingly if they want to come along.

slolane
April 25th, 2011, 08:55 PM
5/15 is a good date. I'm going to open up a new thread. It's a little ways out and people can plan accordingly if they want to come along.

Good stuff, thanks!!!

RiujinZero
April 25th, 2011, 09:19 PM
If anyone needs help planning routes let me know. I frequent lot of nice scenic back country roads in Baltimore county that gets little traffic and as long as you go the speed limit doesn't have any turns that a beginner can't handle.

Momaru
April 26th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Depending on the weather that weekend, I may be able to ride up from Blacksburg and join in. Not my usual playground though, so I doubt I'll be useful for planning.

Might look at http://www.motorcycleroads.us/states/va.html for ideas if they're lacking.

kaiserz
September 17th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Sup Guys, I'm just calling out the "NoVa/DC/MD area" riders out there :thumbup:

Anybody wants to set-up some rides? meet and greets?

And don't forget to introduce yourselves :cool:

Alex
September 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
/moved to local events

Alex
September 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM
/merged several VA/MD/DC threads together

kaiserz
September 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks alex :thumbup:

Live2ride
September 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I'd love to if I can find the time. Riding seasons almost over; it's gettin cold. :(

kaiserz
September 18th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Yeah it is getting cold D:

Momaru
September 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Buu cold. Just get some insulated gear :D

kaiserz
September 18th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah I got my cold gear on the way. And I'm also gonna get some hippo-hands :thumbup:

hoodadooda
September 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Heated gear is so nice. :p

I'll definitely join if time permits.

kaiserz
September 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Time permits? hehe busy busy?

hoodadooda
September 18th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Time permits? hehe busy busy?

Of course! No rest for the working college student. :p
Which means even less riding for fun...

kaiserz
September 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I feel you bro, same here :thumup: work 50 hours a week and then I try to go to school.

Live2ride
September 19th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I feel you bro, same here :thumup: work 50 hours a week and then I try to go to school.

Preaching to the choir. :p

kaiserz
September 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Come on guys! I know there are tons of you guys/gals out there.

Live2ride
September 21st, 2011, 07:52 PM
when and where? I've been dying to go on a group ride but I can't afford to take off from work. If we set up a group ride I hope it's on one of my days off. :(

Momaru
September 21st, 2011, 08:15 PM
If I can get some notice and some decent weather (maybe a couch to crash on for a night, depending on timing), I'd be willing to ride up from Blacksburg to hang.

Honko
September 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Honestly, even if we don't go for a group "ride" per se, I would at least be willing to just have a social gathering and go eat or something. Yea? Yea? :thumbup:

kaiserz
September 22nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
This needs to happen and fast, cause the cold weather is starting to come. Cody when's your day off?
Paul we can actually go to blacksburg and you can show us around. Hyon that's also a also a good option.

Live2ride
September 23rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
I'm off Tuesday and Thursday of next week.

Honko
September 23rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
This needs to happen and fast, cause the cold weather is starting to come. Cody when's your day off?
Paul we can actually go to blacksburg and you can show us around. Hyon that's also a also a good option.

Show us around what? There's nothing in Blacksburg....lol

kaiserz
September 23rd, 2011, 11:19 PM
@Cody Aw I have school on tuesday and work on thursday.

@Hyon ohh I thought it was harrisonburg... near 33 and 211 mah bad XD hahaha

Honko
September 24th, 2011, 12:01 AM
There's nothing in Harrisonburg either....lol, strictly speaking from a things to do places to go stand point. If you're talking about good roads to ride then it's a different story.

Momaru
September 24th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Show us around what? There's nothing in Blacksburg....lol

Only a booming university town, so not much on touristy stuff other than bars.
Handful of good roads in the area including Tuggles' gap, 221, Potts' mountain, SR42, Blue Ridge Parkway...
But yeah, Blacksburg is a solid 3 hours out from NoVA, if not further. I was kinda confused, but excited. Most of the ninjetters around here could care less about their bikes, really riding or joining people who do.

kaiserz
September 25th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Sounds good to me paul :thumbup: I don't really care about the touristy stuff, I'm gonna go there for the roads and for the people who ride hehehe

Live2ride
September 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
@Cody Aw I have school on tuesday and work on thursday.

@Hyon ohh I thought it was harrisonburg... near 33 and 211 mah bad XD hahaha

I'm also off on Sunday. :)

robmilchling
September 26th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Before the temperature really drops, if anyone is interested, I'd like to set up a group ride for Loch Raven and other parts of northern Baltimore County. There are some truly beautiful roads up that way that most other local riders that I know don't seem to appreciate.

kcaja1
September 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM
May I suggest Skyline Dr. up in Shenandoah. I've been there twice and nothing beats the sceneries and tons of twisties.

kaiserz
September 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Hey rob! thanks for posting, that sounds cool! I'm like an hour or 2 away from baltimore, when are you planning to do this? and where exactly is loch raven?

@cody I can probably ask my boss to get a sunday off :thumbup:

Skyline drive sounds good too :thumbup: I've never been there but I heard good things about it. (but we do have to pay $10 to get in)

robmilchling
September 26th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'll probably set up a thread in the next few days about it. I'm thinking probably towards the end of next week if the weather shapes up a bit? Loch raven is just outside Baltimore to the north, close to the Towson area. Much of the backroads north of there are very good as well.

I'd volunteer for the skyline drive ride but, I'll probably hold off until next season on that one, I'm not quite comfortable taking the ninja out on the highway for that long yet.

kaiserz
September 26th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I don't think a lot of folks from NoVa will be able to do the baltimore ride, cause it's gonna be like a 3 - 4 hour ride to get to Baltimore for some. but we'll see

kaiserz
September 29th, 2011, 07:15 PM
GUYS!

I'ma just check who's in for the "skyline drive" ride.

kaiserz(me)
jamesio

Honko?
kcaja1?
Live2ride?

Momaru do you want to come up here and ride?
robmilchling I know you said next season but do you want to try now?

come on guys who else is interested in going?

This is probably gonna be a saturday or sunday ride. lets make this happen people :thumbup:

robmilchling
September 29th, 2011, 07:41 PM
If it is a Saturday ride, I may be in for it. I may be crippled by the time I finally get back home to Baltimore but it should be worth it.

I wish I could borrow a trailer, even at the age of 20 a three hour spirited ride leaves me exhausted, so 6 hours of traveling and a few hours at skyline drive may kill me hahah

jamesio
September 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM
GUYS!

I'ma just check who's in for the "skyline drive" ride.

kaiserz(me)
jamesio

Honko?
kcaja1?
Live2ride?

Momaru do you want to come up here and ride?
robmilchling I know you said next season but do you want to try now?

come on guys who else is interested in going?

This is probably gonna be a saturday or sunday ride. lets make this happen people :thumbup:

This sat/sun? or next? I could do either

kaiserz
September 29th, 2011, 08:56 PM
prob next or next-next. I heard skyline drive's speed limit is 35mph and they're packed every sat. (I can do next sat but not sun) (I can do next-next sat or sun)

jamesio
September 29th, 2011, 09:03 PM
prob next or next-next. I heard skyline drive's speed limit is 35mph and they're packed every sat. (I can do next sat but not sun) (I can do next-next sat or sun)

im good for the next 3 or 4 weekends to go

kaiserz
September 29th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Ok sounds good :thumbup:

kaiserz
September 29th, 2011, 09:13 PM
skyline drive is gonna be an all day ride, if you guys want we can do half day ride here http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/md17.html ?

Live2ride
September 29th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I got bombarded with assignments for this week so this Sunday probably won't work for me, I'm off Monday, Tuesday, and Sunday of next week but Sundays are generally reserved for school work. I can try my best if you guys wanna go next Sunday though. I'm desperate to go on my first ever group ride :).

robmilchling
September 29th, 2011, 09:27 PM
skyline drive is gonna be an all day ride, if you guys want we can do half day ride here http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/md17.html ?

You can count me in for this one.

hoodadooda
September 29th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I've had my bike since May 09 and have never been to Skyline Drive on it. Of course, I'm down for anything. Might have to take off work for this, but it should totally be worth it. Are we talking about Sunday October 9th?

Oh, and it's a bit further down south towards Lynchburg, but I cannot speak highly enough of route 56. Not suggesting anything, just letting you guys know about it.
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/va56.html
one hell of a technical road and it's freshly paven on top of that

It has this one decreasing radius turn that also decreases in elevation at the same time. Very glad the old guy leading us gave us the slow down signal for it. I've never encountered a turn more fun than that one.

jamesio
September 29th, 2011, 11:26 PM
You can count me in for this one.

Y'all tryin to do something this weekend?

kcaja1
September 30th, 2011, 05:20 AM
I might be able to join on any Saturday as long as my wife is not working that day.
In fact, I'm heading there in an hour. 35 is the speed limit but seldom or rare you see a patrol.

robmilchling
September 30th, 2011, 05:28 AM

This weekend is a little crazy for me between work and playing a show Saturday night, but next would work. I should have next Saturday completely off.

kaiserz
September 30th, 2011, 08:54 AM
For the skylinedrive "stroll" We still don't know if we're gonna go on a saturday or on a sunday, tentative dates for the skyline drive "stroll" is gonna be October 15 or 16. Or October 22 or 23.
We can start from the north side(top) of skyline or we can meet-up in the middle.

I'm off every saturday but if we're gonna ride on a sunday i need atleast 1 week notice so I can ask off that day.

jamesio can do a sat or sun, so no prob for him.

kcaja1 can do sat as long as the wife is not working.

robmilchling is also good for a sat ride, he's gonna be coming in from
baltimore. (That's far like a 2 - 3 hour ride?)

Live2ride can do a sunday ride. Also Cody you're from Culpeper right?
have you ever been to 211 & 33?

I like hoodadooda's http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/va56.html idea, we can probably do that on our next ride as long he's gonna show us around the area. and to be honest I don't think skylinedrive is gonna be "totally be worth it" compared to route 56. Well I can't really say cause I've never been there, but I heard it's not really that technical compared to 211 & 33 or to route 56.

On the side note, I've also never been to skyline drive and I will not say that I have enough mileage on my belt and a stand alone GPS to lead a group ride.
Honko I know you're in there somewhere.

kaiserz
September 30th, 2011, 09:17 AM

James, robmilchling If you guys want to ride next sat oct 8th we can do this loop (Black squiggly loop )
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k115/aedhiee/loop.jpg

more info here http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/md_central.html

Honko
September 30th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I definitely wouldn't be able to this weekend since I don't have the title in my name yet and I'm moving in to my new place this Saturday but it seems that's the general consensus. I'm good for any weekend after that though :thumbup:

Live2ride
September 30th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I've ridden 211 but never 33. Where is 33?

For the skylinedrive "stroll" We still don't know if we're gonna go on a saturday or on a sunday, tentative dates for the skyline drive "stroll" is gonna be October 15 or 16. Or October 22 or 23.
We can start from the north side(top) of skyline or we can meet-up in the middle.

I'm off every saturday but if we're gonna ride on a sunday i need atleast 1 week notice so I can ask off that day.

jamesio can do a sat or sun, so no prob for him.

kcaja1 can do sat as long as the wife is not working.

robmilchling is also good for a sat ride, he's gonna be coming in from
baltimore. (That's far like a 2 - 3 hour ride?)

Live2ride can do a sunday ride. Also Cody you're from Culpeper right?
have you ever been to 211 & 33?

I like hoodadooda's http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/va56.html idea, we can probably do that on our next ride as long he's gonna show us around the area. and to be honest I don't think skylinedrive is gonna be "totally be worth it" compared to route 56. Well I can't really say cause I've never been there, but I heard it's not really that technical compared to 211 & 33 or to route 56.

On the side note, I've also never been to skyline drive and I will not say that I have enough mileage on my belt and a stand alone GPS to lead a group ride.
Honko I know you're in there somewhere.

hoodadooda
September 30th, 2011, 09:37 AM

Haha, show you around? I've only been down that road once since it's a fair distance from Richmond. :P
I can certainly go down it a few more times to get better acquainted with the area though :D.

Every nice road is worth going down once. Skyline drive would definitely be worth it in my eyes! Of course, like I said before, I'm down for anything.

As far as dates are concerned, I will have to take off work since I work on the weekends. So, a solid date would be appreciated.

hoodadooda
September 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I've ridden 211 but never 33. Where is 33?

I've ridden 33 from Richmond to Louisa. It continues from Louisa and goes north west. From the part of the road that I've been down, it's nice, but not all that entertaining. Countryside scenery, 55 mph speed limit, large sweeping turns with a 35-40mph(according to the sign :P) turn here and there. Nice road when you just want to ride for an extended amount time without worrying about traffic and people pulling out on you.

It's also called Spotswood Trail.

robmilchling
September 30th, 2011, 11:24 AM
James, robmilchling If you guys want to ride next sat oct 8th we can do this loop (Black squiggly loop )
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k115/aedhiee/loop.jpg

more info here http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/md_central.html

I'm about 95% sure I have off that day, let me just double check, if I do, I would be happy to join.

Btw, while riding around and exploring the hereford zone(far north) of Baltimore County earlier today, at an intersection saw a '10 green special edition 250, I tried catching up to him, but the light took forever and I lost him. I'll have to check the member map, maybe someone else to invite!

kaiserz
September 30th, 2011, 01:49 PM
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/va_us33.html <--- route 33 Read the comments :thumbup:. I've been to 33 before and let me tell you it's not child play (:

aaron the other half of 33 is where the fun is at :thumbup:

kaiserz
September 30th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I definitely wouldn't be able to this weekend since I don't have the title in my name yet and I'm moving in to my new place this Saturday but it seems that's the general consensus. I'm good for any weekend after that though :thumbup:

Nice :thumbup:

@Live2ride you should check it out. I really want to go back to 211 + 33.

@rob, nice we're just waiting for james then.

hoodadooda
September 30th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Nothing gets me more excited than a good curvy road... think I'm coming down with something. :p

Can't believe that much fun was just a little further down the road...

My friend and I got up to Louisa and went right. I WENT THE WRONG DIRECTION. ITS ALL STRAIGHT THAT WAY. :mad:

Also, what dates are we talkin? Saturday is looking to be the best day... so Oct 15 or 22?

Oh, and would it be too much if I brought along a friend?

kaiserz
September 30th, 2011, 10:59 PM
We're not yet gonna do the 211 - 33 ride (we'll see how it goes with the skyline 1st).

The skyline drive "stroll" is just a "stroll" We'll start from the top of skyline the "front royal side" We can all meet up @ sheetz in haymarket(or if you're closer to front royal we'll meet you there.). The speed limit for skyline is 35mph this is gonna be a ride your own ride thing, take your time to test out the waters. I also want to do this ride to see if we can set-up more group rides in the future :thumbup: (Anyone interested in doing track days :D?)

hoodadooda "Oh, and would it be too much if I brought along a friend? " sure why not? but does your friend have a 250? cause if not s/he will have to wait for us at stop signs and wait up for quite a while :p

Live2ride can you get off on the 15th or the 22nd?

Live2ride
September 30th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Live2ride can you get off on the 15th or the 22nd?

I could request off but I think we have tons of events planned. I can't request off until I know we are going though. I can't afford to miss a day of work and end up having the gr fall through.

kaiserz
September 30th, 2011, 11:11 PM
understood, which one is gonna be better for you 15 or 22?

Live2ride
September 30th, 2011, 11:14 PM
understood, which one is gonna be better for you 15 or 22?

I'll see tomorrow at work. Idk our event schedule off the top of my head.

kaiserz
September 30th, 2011, 11:18 PM
^ Ok that's awesome, let us know so we can set the date :thumbup:
And ohh I'm off every mondays too if you're gonna go ride on a monday let me know I can drop-by over there hehe show me where the good roads are :thumbup:

hoodadooda
September 30th, 2011, 11:26 PM
As soon as Live2ride knows, I'll know what day to take off too. Consider me committed to this group ride.

Also, my friend has a bandit 600 from 1996 I think. He's ATGATT and on the cautious side, so he certainly wouldn't treat this like a race and zoom ahead. That's why I like riding with him... he's civil on the road and it keeps me out of trouble. :p

gogoKawi
October 1st, 2011, 11:12 AM
I am glad to see this thread is still alive. There are a lot of 250s in the area. I would love to see group ride with many of them.

I will be selling mine soon. Long story... But if you have the ride before it's gone, I will join in.

As far as routes go, Skyline is a nice scenic ride. Just be sure to bring $10 for entry. Taking back roads over there is always a blast. Rt33 is awesome. I am going next week. I agree that it isn't for beginner. 211 is ok if you go the speed limit. Going above it will get you in trouble if you don't have a lit of experience.

I will peek in to the thread over the few weeks to see what's up.
Posted via Mobile Device

kaiserz
October 1st, 2011, 11:34 AM
@hoodadooda yeah, we're just waiting for livetoride I hope he can get off that day. and that's good to hear that your friend is not one oh those guys with over flowing testosterone in their body hahaha and also I think almost all of us who's gonna go to this ride "stroll" are beginner bikers (correct me if I'm wrong :P). If he's been riding for quite some time that'll be awesome if he can help us out. :thumbup:

gogoKawi! If you can help us out to make this group ride happen that'll be really really awesome! :thumbup: The plan is to start it slow, test the waters out, form a group of people who loves to ride and then hit other much more technical roads :thumbup: (But to be honest I just want to ride and meet other awesome people who share the same passion I have for bikes hehe) If you can come to our first group ride the "skyline drive stroll" that'll be really awesome :thumbup: the tentative date for it is Oct 15 or Oct 22

Momaru
October 1st, 2011, 11:42 AM
If it isn't ballin' cold by then, I'll see if I can make it out as well. I should be off both of those days. It's a bit of a trip up to the skyline, but it's been a few years since I've gone, and never in the fall.