View Full Version : stock exhaust

james250ninja
March 22nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
any way you can make a stock exhaust little louder

can u tak the stock mufflers apart from a 2001 ninja 250

Snake
March 22nd, 2010, 05:14 PM
You can drill out the rivets on the end cap and tear out the baffles. I think there sound clips on youtube.

b_eastep
March 22nd, 2010, 07:14 PM
+1

cnichols79us
March 22nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
You can drill out the rivets on the end cap and tear out the baffles. I think there sound clips on youtube.

I have seen one guy that did this down in Oregon. IMO, in Person, it sounded like something that was made by John Deere. Very tinny, piercing, farty sound... IMO.:thumbup:

Snake
March 23rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
I have seen one guy that did this down in Oregon. IMO, in Person, it sounded like something that was made by John Deere. Very tinny, piercing, farty sound... IMO.:thumbup:

Yea I have heard one as well and it's not the most pleasant of sounds. IMHO he is better off buying a used set of slip-ons.

nate-bama
March 23rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
sounds like shyte got a thread some where around here with my results after debaffling...want a slower louder bike do it..want a marginally more responsive bike dump your airbox buy some pods, learn how to play with your needles ,jets ,and remove the epa caps adjust your idle mixture and leave your exhaust stock....find a used muzzy on ebay if you want the 2 in 1 look .

a properly tuned carb with the pod's and stock exhaust puts out nearly the same power as with the muzzy. like your ass can't tell the difference but a dyno might show a marginal increase