View Full Version : Quickest Ninja 250

Racer x
March 27th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Just got back from Mason Dixon Dragway .
I was testing the bike for the Maxton mile. land speed racing starts in two weeks . It is nice to make a couple shake down runs in the 1/4 mile .

The bike felt rock solid and went 14.485 @90 mph . I was not trying to trash the bike .It is too early in the season for that . But I don't think I have ever seen a quicker time than 14.4

Daeldren
March 27th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Nice job and good luck, hope to see her running at the top or near.

miks
March 27th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Very nice. Was just wondering what is your routine for taking off, for example what RPM do you hold it at? And at what RPM do you shift up?

Betlog
March 27th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Eric, how much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking? And what are the your bike's mods (EDIT: nm, I just read your mods from the mods thread).

Racer x
March 28th, 2010, 04:35 AM
I put my bike on the scale . front was 130 rear was 155 Added together it was 285 lb wet.I have removed a LOT of dead weight.
I was 194 lb three weeks ago .But daily bicycle riding and diet I was at 181 this morning Thanks for asking that,HAHA

I have been drag racing since 1979 I don't think about it much any more.I guess I like to play with the tree.
Trying to get a very low reaction time. It means nothing untill eliminations but i just think it is fun.
If I am trying to make money I play all the games .Last year I got to final eliminations 'Then it started raining.
The 250 is a hoot because it is so different to what people are used to looking at. I know what I am doing and the bike is loud and looks fast .
I roll around the water.I don"t do a burn out unless I get water on the tire . I line up on the same side as the turn off . I don't want to cross the track .
I just roll up to the staging lights . If I am feeling nice I will wait. But if I am not feeling so nice I will stage then final stage .That forces the other guy to hurry up and stage . That puts pressure on them . Then I wait till the Next to last yellow comes on .I hold about 9000 RPM and slide out the clutch.I never see a green light .Generaly I get .4 reaction times.
The 250 goes 15s all day And I am not trying to brake any records at the drag strip. SO
I dial in at 15.0 .Most bikes are 600 or 1000 and dial in from 8 to 10 sec.
That means they have to sit there after I made them rush by prestaging early for 5 to 7 seconds . Few can do it . Most RED light and I win. They pass me at the end of the track at 150 mph and That is why I like to be on the same side of the track as the turn off.

ztrack157
March 28th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I need to get you some stickers.

Racer x
March 28th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Red or black will do .