View Full Version : Are you color coordinated?

littledog
March 27th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I guess not

Banzai
March 27th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Nope. Green bike and yellow gear.

CC Cowboy
March 27th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not even sport coordinated. I wear F1 shirts to motorcycle races, and motorcycle shirts to car races, football shirts to soccer games, rugby shirts to other events. I wear whatever no one else will have. I do have a Suzuki jacket that is the right color, I have a few Harley Suede jackets, a bunch of leather bike jackets, I used to wear dirt bike jackets and coats all the time (those nasty oil or wax coated things), I look like a mess most of the time. Hell sometimes I even wear a helmet. I always wear gloves though.

LittleNinja
March 27th, 2010, 05:59 PM
black bike, white/black gloves, black/red jacket, tribal silver on white n black helmet

im all over the place lol just need to change the jacket i think!

Cedilla
March 27th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah all my gear is red/black.

miks
March 27th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Black bike, black jacket, black & white helmet, black gloves, black boots, navy jeans :)

Talonne
March 27th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I have a monochrome theme going on... Black bike, white leather jacket, black pants, silver helmet, black gloves.

I bought a bright red + black textile jacket recently though. Good thing black matches with anything.

ninjabadger
March 27th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I have always thought of color coordination like this: The rider's gear should be color coordinated but not necessarily with the bike. I have a black jacket that allows me to wear whatever helmet and pants I want and a red and black jacket that I wear with my black helmet with red decals. I've always thought that GP riders that have gear that is a different color scheme than their bikes, but matched within the gear they're wearing, looked fine and pretty sharp actually. Additionally, I often think of the helmet as a separate piece of gear in terms of matching, meaning that if all my other gear matches but my helmet is different (but complementary) everything is good. VR usually looks pretty sharp even if his helmet is way crazy compared to his leathers.

Davidb1986
March 27th, 2010, 10:57 PM
green black and white bike with white and black gear

DEXSPEED
March 28th, 2010, 07:03 AM
black base color,gray,silver,gunmetal.like tallone said black matches with everything.

Momaru
March 28th, 2010, 07:10 AM
black matches with anything

+1, save perhaps purple & brown. Thank goodness there aren't too many bikes out there in those colors

Blue & black bike, black boots, black gloves, blue/black/silver jackets, black helmet, blue or silver/black pants. Had hoped/aimed for a monochrome set like David & Talonne, but there was a sale on blue jackets ($145 for colors vs $400+ for white/black). Also, it's a PitA getting blue gear that's anywhere even close on the right shade for the Candy Plasma Blue

CC Cowboy
March 28th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Paul, please forgive my ignorance but what is the "Blue Army"? I thought it was don't ask, don't tell!

JokerSeven
March 28th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I only buy neutral colored gear now like black, white or grey.

Snake
March 28th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I guess I am. My gear has at least a splash of blue to match the bike. Black boots and gloves.

adouglas
March 28th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I'm so uncoordinated I can barely walk in a straight line. You expect me to be color coordinated too?

:D

clegg
March 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Somewhat... more coordinated for safety than fashion.

Blue bike, matching blue helmet (shoei), black pants, black gloves, and black/hi-vis yellow touring jacket. ... so at least the helmet and the bike match ;)

EngrNewf
March 29th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I wish. You can't get a kawi green jacket or pants if you're a girl. I started out with pink even though I hate pink just because I wanted something brighter then black that I could match up.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ei0ep0.jpg

But I hate pink, so I'm slowly turning to white. The lower half is done haha.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2lbjp85.jpg

Postiez
March 30th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Ya, all red/black

also pink is amazing, idk what you are talking about :p

empyrean
March 30th, 2010, 12:31 PM
@EngrNewf: Are those the Scorpion Savannah pants that you have on?!

Overall, I am all matching, except for labels. Icon boots and Icon Battlecry helmet (white, gold, black, silver). The Scorpion gloves, pants and jacket all match and are White, Gold & Black.

EngrNewf
March 30th, 2010, 06:48 PM
@EngrNewf: Are those the Scorpion Savannah pants that you have on?!

Overall, I am all matching, except for labels. Icon boots and Icon Battlecry helmet (white, gold, black, silver). The Scorpion gloves, pants and jacket all match and are White, Gold & Black.

Indeed they are. I take it that's what you have?

foxpaws
March 30th, 2010, 08:15 PM
my gear matches, everything's in black, with a little white, gray and silver. kind of accidental though. the bike is red, and i tried to get some red gear, but couldnt find matching reds.

untdavid
March 30th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I guess I'm coordinated. Its always a good thing when the wifey tells me I look like a "power ranger" or "coming from out of space".

The other day I had a random guy on a HD stop and asked me if I needed help with my "parachute" (aka. backpack) since its so hard to pull the straps over my leathers. He laughed and I laughed, with me responding "all my gear all the time". At that point he just zoomed off as I waved.

Momaru
March 30th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Rather be heckled for too much gear than for road rash scars...

empyrean
March 31st, 2010, 10:27 AM
@EngrNewf - Sure are! And with the matching jacket, too! I get a lot compliments for both!

bdavison
March 31st, 2010, 10:32 AM
I have a yellow scorpion jacket...kawasaki green helmet(which I had to paint myself, since finding a kawasaki green helmet is darn near impossible), black pants, black boots...

It really aggrevates me that its so hard to find kawasaki green stuff.

Oh...
And to all the women out there....Scorpion Savannah pants....those things are smokin hot, enough to make a guy wreck his bike. http://www.revzilla.com/product_images/0013/7766/Scorpion_Women_s_Savannah_Pants_Gold_zoom.jpg

untdavid
March 31st, 2010, 10:47 AM
Oh...
And to all the women out there....Scorpion Savannah pants....those things are smokin hot, enough to make a guy wreck his bike. http://www.revzilla.com/product_images/0013/7766/Scorpion_Women_s_Savannah_Pants_Gold_zoom.jpg

I agree with this post :D. Women in Motorcycle gear is "smoking hot". Anything tight on a women and accentuates their beautiful curves gets a :thumbup: in my book. My wife love me in my coordinated gear. It makes my flabby body look like it actually has definition :).

David

empyrean
March 31st, 2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah, and a guy in his Porsche yesterday was checking mine out! Well, the whole get up. Hah! But, darnit, he didn't wreck.

EngrNewf
March 31st, 2010, 01:10 PM
@EngrNewf - Sure are! And with the matching jacket, too! I get a lot compliments for both!

I've been thinking about getting the niptuck or the leather version of it. Do you mind if I ask how tall you are and what size jacket you got? I'm afraid it's going to be to short in the arms. I tried the leather version on in medium and it was fairly large.

empyrean
March 31st, 2010, 01:23 PM
I'm 5'4". The pants are a bit long but I have long legs and I got a medium. They fit perfect over my jeans. I think I got a size Small in the Jacket, but I can't remember. I'll have to check when I get home. The sleeve Length for the jacket is just right. I have a short torso, but long everything else.

I like the jacket because it fits nicely and has the sides that are adjustable and it's great to just even wear out, too.

EngrNewf
March 31st, 2010, 02:51 PM

I'm 5'4". The pants are a bit long but I have long legs and I got a medium. They fit perfect over my jeans. I think I got a size Small in the Jacket, but I can't remember. I'll have to check when I get home. The sleeve Length for the jacket is just right. I have a short torso, but long everything else.

I like the jacket because it fits nicely and has the sides that are adjustable and it's great to just even wear out, too.

Hmm I was worried about that. I'm 5'7 and large fits perfect (in waist and length) and I'm a little worried the jacket is going to be to short in the sleeves.

Kurosaki
March 31st, 2010, 04:01 PM
Just about everything I own (clothes) is either red, black, gray, or white.

Naturally, this applies to my bikes and gear too.

empyrean
March 31st, 2010, 04:27 PM
@EngrNewf

the nip tuck jacket, unzipped, comes down to my knuckles. That's about an extra 4 inches. from the top of my shoulder to my knuckles is about 24.5 - 25 inches.

I hope that helps!

Sailariel
March 31st, 2010, 06:57 PM
Black pants, Black jacket with reflective piping, Black gloves and boots, and a School Bus Yellow Nolan helmet. I guess it does not coordinate with a green bike. It`s good stuff though.

ojameyo
April 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM
Nope, I don't

KTRacing38
April 1st, 2010, 04:06 PM
Only Goldwing riders should have matching gear. It's like a code or something... next time you see a group of Goldwingers, take a look - if someone (or a couple) don't match, they'll be at the back of the pack! lol! :D

addy126
April 2nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
The other day I had a random guy on a HD stop and asked me if I needed help with my "parachute" (aka. backpack) since its so hard to pull the straps over my leathers. He laughed and I laughed, with me responding "all my gear all the time". At that point he just zoomed off as I waved.

lol... don't ya love the smart asses out there.... :)

CC Cowboy
April 2nd, 2010, 02:50 PM
So did he help you?

toast
April 4th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Hmm I was worried about that. I'm 5'7 and large fits perfect (in waist and length) and I'm a little worried the jacket is going to be to short in the sleeves.

I tried on a Niptuck and it was way too short in the body and in the arms (I'm 5'10 and I'm blessed (hah!) with a long torso and long legs and arms.) The jacket came only halfway down my back and halfway between my elbows and my wrists. The shop I buy all of my gear from has ordered me in the Jewel jacket (http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D9C025BA44D11A3713BF0D546303C.asp?cat_id=FBF05AC4DB8843C1B0FF76893F5540D5&pcs_key=7CA27CBD3C0F4B89B81B74DBB3600CFC&retpage=%2FF4BD78EED51D4762989F1184B1165B96%2Easp&nm=Jewel+Jacket&spath=&path=Home+%3E+Equipment+%3E+Scorpion+ExoWear%99&sc_id=992A88274EAD4E1C950D9C14309A8E9E) and pants (http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D9C025BA44D11A3713BF0D546303C.asp?cat_id=FBF05AC4DB8843C1B0FF76893F5540D5&pcs_key=4362DB9B33CA48118C695B92D0A42AAE&retpage=%2FF4BD78EED51D4762989F1184B1165B96%2Easp&nm=Jewel+Pant&spath=&path=Home+%3E+Equipment+%3E+Scorpion+ExoWear%99&sc_id=992A88274EAD4E1C950D9C14309A8E9E) to try on. I have the Selene jacket (http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D9C025BA44D11A3713BF0D546303C.asp?cat_id=FBF05AC4DB8843C1B0FF76893F5540D5&pcs_key=529829AE24F547B8AF058D7DD0160A47&retpage=%2FF4BD78EED51D4762989F1184B1165B96%2Easp&nm=Selene&spath=&path=Home+%3E+Equipment+%3E+Scorpion+ExoWear%99&sc_id=992A88274EAD4E1C950D9C14309A8E9E) and it's long enough in the body and arms.

Oh, and coordinated: yes. Black bike, black gear. In retrospect, not the best idea for visibility's sake so I also have a hi-viz vest on order, too.

Nfiniti
April 6th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I have a yellow scorpion jacket...kawasaki green helmet(which I had to paint myself, since finding a kawasaki green helmet is darn near impossible), black pants, black boots...

It really aggrevates me that its so hard to find kawasaki green stuff.

Oh...

No disagreements here... that's hot...

Greg_E
April 6th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I'm completely monochrome (except for turn signals and tail light) on everything, so yes I match and I'm certainly not a Goldwing!

athimmel
April 7th, 2010, 10:35 AM
All blue and black with some white highlights on a blue bike.

izmail1215
May 1st, 2010, 11:34 AM
Do you ware matching gear? mostly every one wares black or gray and red no matter what color there bike is. I got a special edition ninja 250r 10' i got a green/ black helmet green gloves, and a black/ green jacket black back pack with reflect tape. what color is your gear?

I am new I know this is a noobish post.

ScorpionNinja
May 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
Welcome and Gratz on your new bike!

Well i dont really tend to match my bike. Its better and safer to wear colors that contrast your bikes and stand out for added visibility! :thumbup:

No color or the other varies things for Sight and or Hearing is a sure thing that a Car/truck will Never hit and kill you! :eek:

But Bright or Neon colors can certainly help. Helmet reflective decals are great for night time, but can help in the bright sunny days, they glow alil bit in daylight, but truely shine at night!

Back to your post,

Its dumb to buy "matching sets" of gear. If money and budget is a concern, then buy gear thats at good deals,etc!

I match my bike kinda, but im not ANAL ABOUT IT thou some ppl can be, well more-so Obsessed about "Fashionly Cool Gear". :D

Wear what you like, what feels comfy, what has GOOD PROTECTION above all!!

Snake
May 1st, 2010, 08:16 PM
Not a noobish post at all. This post is about the same topic. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40401&highlight=color+coordinated

tapdiggy
May 1st, 2010, 08:38 PM
I bought a red jacket to match my ninja, but it was on clearance for $50. For that price on a riding jacket I would have bought it in any color (except metallic teal, it looks too '80s)

ninja250
May 2nd, 2010, 07:13 AM
iMatch.

littledog
May 2nd, 2010, 09:33 AM
scorpion mesh outfit in black and white on the 2009 SE

rceezy
May 2nd, 2010, 10:19 AM
I don't match at all. I bought my gear before I bought my bike. My current riding gear is black & gold while I ride a Candy Plasma Blue bike. My new race suit is pink and silver and I doubt it will match to the blue. I do know when I'm on the track my race plastics will match my suit but street-wise nope, don't match at all. :)

Flashmonkey
May 2nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
I don't match. At one point I had a blue leather jacket to match my blue ninja....then I went off and got a white gixxer...so that went all to hell....then i out grew the leather jacket. Now I just wear watever the hell fits. :D

izmail1215
May 7th, 2010, 06:45 PM
scorpion mesh outfit in black and white on the 2009 SE

like your style

zenrush
May 7th, 2010, 08:12 PM
For some reason I decided my gloves should match my bike so I got the Alpinestars M-4 gloves in blue/black to match my blue ninja. That's it. The rest I just went black.

Momaru
May 7th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I went mostly black with my gear as I wasn't sure what color bike I was getting. However all but one of my jackets is primarily blue with silver/black accents. I gave up a long time ago trying to color match better than simply blue gear with the blue bike.

lockie
May 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Went with red for the Jacket for visibility. Bought some red gloves but the pants I bought are black. Something about red pants turns me off. Red goes so-so with my blue Ninja.

rasta
January 11th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Do you buy gear that matches your bike?

Alex
January 11th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Which bike?

JohnnyBravo
January 11th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I buy gear that matches. It doesn't have to really match my bike, but I don't wanna go around with a bunch of different color Lego gear. You ever seen that guy? Yea the one with no matching sense at all. That's def not my style!

I think it would actually make me sick to have a yellow coat, red boots, blue gloves, a green helmet, an some hi viz riding pants... I shiver at the thought... I spoke to soon, I puked a lil in my mouth

rasta
January 11th, 2014, 09:35 PM
I buy gear that matches. It doesn't have to really match my bike, but I don't wanna go around with a bunch of different color Lego gear. You ever seen that guy? Yea the one with no matching sense at all. That's def not my style!

I think it would actually make me sick to have a yellow coat, red boots, blue gloves, a green helmet, an some hi viz riding pants... I shiver at the thought... I spoke to soon, I puked a lil in my mouth

Yeah my gear matches. A lot of my gear is red, but my bike has zero red

NevadaWolf
January 11th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Green bike, black gear, orange vest, green helmet. Does clash count?

JohnnyBravo
January 11th, 2014, 09:59 PM
If you wanna wear red gear on any bike that's fine.
It's your gear, your bike, wear what you wish, ride what you like, long as it makes you happy folks should be fine with it.
If you walk into a place lookin boo boo da fool around here folks will look at you funny then start whispering, but who cares.
I like to have some sort of matching goin on when I get off my bike, whether I match my bike or not I could care less... I have rode with folks that say on the street they thought my bike an my hiviz helmet were the same color. Ramble ramble blah blah

Floki
January 11th, 2014, 10:11 PM
All of my gear is black...lame. I guess that matches my blue/black bike.

Snake
January 11th, 2014, 10:14 PM
For the most part yes all my gear matches or has neutral colors that match.

hpav13
January 12th, 2014, 03:08 AM
red bike, blue jacket, white helmet with pink and purple flowers, black and grey gloves.

antiant
January 12th, 2014, 04:22 AM
My bike is white, so I can pretty much wear any color. Yes, I match.

Sirref
January 12th, 2014, 05:00 AM
green/black bike with black gear (black/green if I'm wearing my icon stryker vest without my jacket) and a black/gray/white helmet. I'd say I match well enough to say that I match. the only real exception is my knee/shin guards which are black and red but I can always spray paint that to be completely black if I want and typically only wear it when I head out for a ride into the back country roads to avoid scraping my knee should I get too excited and end up tapping my knee on the ground. (seems to happen more to the right side though it's fairly rare regardless)

CaptainPlatypus
January 12th, 2014, 05:16 AM
I buy gear that's internally consistent more than anything (gloves that look good with helmet and jacket, etc), and I make sure nothing clashes with my baby, but I don't pick things specifically around the bike, either. If and when I ever pick up a new bike, I don't want to be on the hook for a whole new set of gear!

Racer x
January 12th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Yes and no. I had a black bike and bought black gear. Then painted it yellow silver then orange. Never changed gear color.

Sykes92
January 12th, 2014, 07:57 AM
My original plan was to get some gear with blue accents, but unfortunately no I don't match my bike haha. My bike is the island blue. All my gear accents itself though, it's all black and white. My dream color scheme is black and white. So its almost like buying gear that matches my future bike :P lol.

CC Cowboy
January 12th, 2014, 09:00 AM
GEAR?

adouglas
January 12th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately they don't paint bikes in day-glo yellow. If they did I would have voted "yes."

csmith12
January 12th, 2014, 09:06 AM
GEAR?

Yea, gear mang. You have at least 2. A front AND rear sprocket. I match only 50% because I painted my rear sprocket red. It's possible that you match over 100% CC if you have on of those fancy colored chains that matches your sprockets and your bike.

3 suites, 2 all black and 1 mostly white and multiple bikes. I don't know how to answer this poll.

Alex
January 12th, 2014, 10:40 AM
/merged
/moved to gear area

:thumbup:

JohnnyBravo
January 12th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Is this a road thread, merge?

Ducati999
January 12th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I guess I go both ways. I have 3 bikes and some of my gear matches and some no. My 999 is red with white and I have a red and white jacket which says DUCATI on it but my Shoei helmet is blaze orange with a crazy jester on top. I also have an AGV red/white/black helmet which would match. My Suzuki SV650s is Silver with a black frame n wheels and blue levers, seat, subframe and windshield and I have a blue/black leather jacket and an Ari helmet which is black, red and blue with a huge white star on top. The ninja 250 is black with yellow trim and the wife has been adding purple everything to it possible. I have a Sedei full lether suit which is mostly (96-98%) black. My gloves are all black with yellow or silver and my wife has a black leather jacket and a black/silver helmet.
My opinion has always been that your gear does not have to match your bike but it should not clash-like green gear on a yellow bike- but the choice is personal. I also believe your helmet does not have to match your gear but again should not clash.

The most important thing about gear is that you wear it all the time.

Sirref
January 12th, 2014, 08:49 PM
The most important thing about gear is that you wear it all the time.

:thumbup:

YunMing
January 12th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Somewhat. I have white/black gear mostly and my bike is silver/black.

Josh_kcco
January 14th, 2014, 01:01 AM
white and light blue helmet, black and white scorpion jacket, white,black and red gloves......dark blue ninja . so NOPE!!!!

cbinker
January 14th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Nope, I just go with the best deal.

JohnnyBravo
January 15th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Man I wanted to puke yesterday... My buddy has the gloves I want so bad... Damn alpine stars and their damn sponsorships(on second thought, I'm gonna give him a call an see if he can weasel me these gloves that are sold out)

LittleRedNinjette
January 15th, 2014, 07:48 AM
I was on my old bike, red and black everything.

Trying to with the new bike, green, black and gray.

My boyfriend on the other hand..... :lol:

JohnnyBravo
January 15th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I saw some of the sweetest helmets today :eek: speed an strength mmmmm I seem to have a thing for glitter an metal flake