View Full Version : Thoughts on TOTAL CONTROL RIDING CLINIC?

untdavid
March 30th, 2010, 08:21 PM
A friend of mine suggested the Total Control Riding Clinic after reading the book. He's been to the track, but really wants me to get into it too. He let me borrow his book to see if I would be interested. It was a good read and I really got alot of useful information from it. My question is...Should I take the Total Control Riding Clinic or the MSF expert class? I plan on taking either one of them, but would like to get some input from the community before I drop some cash on any class.

David

untdavid
March 30th, 2010, 09:20 PM
So should I take the MSF "experienced riders course" or skip it and head straight for Total Control? Maybe I should do both?

tapdiggy
March 30th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Anything that you learn from is good, but classes and track days are cheaper than crashes.

g21-30
March 31st, 2010, 04:06 AM
The ERC suggests that you have a minimum of 3000 miles and 1 year riding experience. Coincidentally Lee Parks' Total Control class also requires 3000 miles experience; however, the Total Control class is leap years ahead of the ERC class.

If you have little to no experience, I would suggest the MSF Learn to Ride class. Also, the ERC class is just more of the same MSF exercises, except you do them on YOUR bike!

Here's the Total control Link:

http://www.totalcontroltraining.net/

Racer x
March 31st, 2010, 04:44 AM
I have taken the total control clinic and the practice day.

I love it and will do it again. The instructors are top notch .Well worth the time and money.I use what I learned from the course every time I ride.

It is beyond the MSF riding class. You do things like combined brake and throttle exercise and very fun circle training where you can get you knee down by the end of the day. You should have a year of riding before taking the course .BUT get the book read it ten times .Then take the course.You will be a better rider for it.

g21-30
March 31st, 2010, 06:11 AM
Eric,

Did you take the class at Frederick, MD or Columbia, MD?

CC Cowboy
March 31st, 2010, 06:44 AM
Anything that you learn from is good, but classes and track days are cheaper than crashes.

If only people would listen!

cnichols79us
March 31st, 2010, 11:57 AM
If only people would listen!

What was that, I didn't hear you..... ?:D

Greg_E
March 31st, 2010, 12:26 PM
If you want to go on the track, you should take a racing school. What you learn on the track can be applied to the street and may just save your life.

Greg_E
March 31st, 2010, 12:32 PM
Noticed lots of Buells in their video! Looks like it might be a fun day.