View Full Version : Knee Down with Sparks!

g21-30
April 1st, 2010, 07:56 AM
This is a local DC biker on a CBR

kkaTGwfm53M

Snake
April 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Cool video but kind of a strange place to put a camera.

CC Cowboy
April 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM
Perfect example of a squid. Although it looks like fun; how many of the cars thought the guy was an a-hole and how many said , wow that guy is cool. In today's cell phone world I bet there were numerous calls to the police about an idiot racing down the road. The pass on the ramp was beautiful (ever wonder why cagers run bikes off the road).

This is why we all say take it to the track. The guy might think he is skilled and safe but he gives us all a bad image.

hanibal
April 1st, 2010, 09:56 AM
<-----Impressed *

* this post my contain sarcasim

DEXSPEED
April 1st, 2010, 10:07 AM
this guy must be so proud of himself!he is doing something others wont do!yeah!!!crazy!

tapdiggy
April 1st, 2010, 10:28 PM
Is he doing that right? His adjustments in the seat look all jerky, like he is just setting up for getting "knee down" even if it's unnecessary for the turn. Is my observation correct?

g21-30
April 2nd, 2010, 04:20 AM
Your observation is correct, according to a friend who rides with him.

hanibal
April 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Agreed. His body positioning is all crossed up like Mick Doohan, just not as fast.

kevlarorc
April 2nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
He's doing like 60 or 70 in a 35. Pause at 2:08.

Cedilla
April 3rd, 2010, 11:36 PM
I wonder how long it will be before we see a new thread about police having to scrape his body off the road.

The title of the video is rather amusing as well. I wonder if he titled his video "back to basics" because he needs to be reminded what he needs to be doing on his next ride.

Postiez
April 4th, 2010, 09:04 PM
ew, poor technique

diablo250
April 13th, 2010, 10:18 AM
ew, poor technique

Agreed, poor form. He set himself up for critique though by putting the camera there.

rockNroll
April 19th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Nice!!! He took forever to get his body into position... a crappy position (took a half dozen little adjustments to get there too!)... to get his knee down onto the road... all while carrying too little corner speed. Oh, and ya gotta love it when the knee slider throw sparks!

250Rocket
April 20th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Why to people always cruise in the passing lane. :mad: That guy wouldn't have to weave in and out if people drove properly.

Other than that and his technique I don't see a problem with the video, it's not like he's doing it in a residential area.

CC Cowboy
April 20th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Why to people always cruise in the passing lane. :mad: That guy wouldn't have to weave in and out if people drove properly.

Other than that and his technique I don't see a problem with the video, it's not like he's doing it in a residential area.

Alright rocketman, I knew there would someone else that agrees with me that this guy is wicked cool and actually a hero. I don't know why we shouldn't be able to ride like complete idiots without other judging us. Motorcycle riders have rights too.

250Rocket
April 20th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Alright rocketman, I knew there would someone else that agrees with me that this guy is wicked cool and actually a hero. I don't know why we shouldn't be able to ride like complete idiots without other judging us. Motorcycle riders have rights too.

I don't think he's totally right or a hero for that matter, but at least it's happening on roads designed for high speeds where kids are not playing on the side of the road or traffic doesn't enter from private driveways.

Speed limits are not safe, if you don't believe me search "Montana Paradox". A good rider/driver knows when to go fast and when to slow down.

Usually the posted limits give an idea of the relative speed you should travel but other than residential, if you go to a road in the middle of nowhere, the safest speed is one your comfortable doing.

CC Cowboy
April 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Rod, you are a genuis. I'm pretty comfy at speed. I'm going to use the paradox next time I get pulled over. I definitely know when to go fast!

DUX
April 24th, 2010, 05:35 PM
You can get a knee down at 30mph in a parking lot without risking other people's lives.

At the track knee down does not always = fast.

VruWHHEnZGw