View Full Version : LED brake/tail lights not working properly...

sktrs_kpr
April 6th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I have installed LED brake/tail lights in all three pods on my '90. The outer ones are simple low/high intensity, the inner one is supposed to rotate under "tail light" and flash under "brake light". It worked fine when I was using it as my only light, but today when I wired in the other two pods I ran across a problem:
The outer lights will work properly (low intensity when tail lights, high intensity when brake) but the center light flashes all the time, brake or no brake.
If I remove the outer two lights the center one works right again, so i'm sure the wiring is right, the connections are good (I re-did them twice), and the bulb is still good.
So then I put a standard bulb in the middle spot with the LEDs in the outer two, and under 'tail light' conditions only the center light lights, but when I hit the brake they all light up. If I remove the center bulb the outer two work correctly.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Snake
April 8th, 2010, 09:59 AM
The two outer lights may be back feeding to the center light. If this is the case then you may need to wire a diod to the center light on the positive side of the two wires. This will keep the power flowing in one direction only. Don't know, just an idea.