View Full Version : Front Brake rotor

fivepin
April 10th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows a good brand of rotor for the pre-gen. Im on a buget so i cant afford the top of the line. So far the cheapest i could find was the EBC for $179. Thanks

2WheelGuy
April 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM
EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-Kawasaki-Ninja-250-ex250-500-front-brake-disk-f_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439e42523cQQitemZ290417955388QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPar tsQ5fAccessories)

kkim
April 10th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows a good brand of rotor for the pre-gen. Im on a buget so i cant afford the top of the line. So far the cheapest i could find was the EBC for $179. Thanks

what makes you think you need a new rotor... your bike is a 2007? :confused:

Verus Cidere
April 11th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I understand the needing of the new rotor. Mine was warped recently, and I had to replace it. (Kerry, when I replaced it, about 95% of my headshake disappeared. If you're still having that problem, you might check that. I'm not sure if you fixed it or not as I haven't really been paying attention to that thread.) Don't get EBC rotors. They suck. I got a Galfer wave rotor, which I will post a review about this afternoon. :D

fivepin
April 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
what makes you think you need a new rotor... your bike is a 2007? :confused:

There are deep scratches in the surface of it and it is warped almost to the point where it grabs the stationary pad. the rear rotor is getting bad to but not to the point of the front.

kkim
April 11th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I know a pregen owner who purchased a front rotor off ebay and it proved to be perfect. Just be sure to ask the seller if it's warped or not before you buy it.

If you are on a budget, buying used is the only way to go! :thumbup:

BTW, deep scratches are pretty normal... it's the warping that's the problem. Remember though, there is a minimum thickness service limit.

How is it that you're so hard on your brakes? I ride my bike pretty hard in the twisties, but have had no brake related issues. How many miles on your bike?

fivepin
April 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I know a pregen owner who purchased a front rotor off ebay and it proved to be perfect. Just be sure to ask the seller if it's warped or not before you buy it.

If you are on a budget, buying used is the only way to go! :thumbup:

BTW, deep scratches are pretty normal... it's the warping that's the problem. Remember though, there is a minimum thickness service limit.

How is it that you're so hard on your brakes? I ride my bike pretty hard in the twisties, but have had no brake related issues. How many miles on your bike?

well i bought it used with 12k miles on it. I use both of my brakes to stop all the time. it was the previous owner who did the damage lol.