View Full Version : Parrot SK4000 intercom?

Greg_E
April 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I remember someone here saying they had these, what can you tell me about the audio playback functions? I'm more concerned with listening to audio than I am as an intercom and the phone is the farthest thing from my desired function as I do not want to be bothered with the phone while I ride! I'll eventually get an A2DP enabled music player, but for now I'll probably just use a computer or the radio.

Greg_E
April 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Never mind, I keep reading that there is basically no support from the manufacturer. Back to saving for the BlueAnt F4.

CZroe
April 21st, 2010, 08:00 PM
There's no intercom function at all, though they are rumored to be working on one. They replaced my whole unit when the source button on the handlebar remote began malfunctioning. They supported me just fine. As far as support on their so-called "support forums," good luck! ;) That's where the bad reputation comes from, no doubt. I think they forgot to label it "User to user support forum."

So far I have found no other units with a handlebar remote or text-to-speech and voice recognition, and I have no one else to use an intercom function with, so I'm happy with it... mostly. The darn handlebar remote's volume up and previous buttons often only work if you lean really close.

Snake
April 22nd, 2010, 07:04 AM
I like that it has a hndlebar remote. If they are able to work out the bugs that would be great.

Greg_E
April 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
The remote is a really good idea and why I started to look at it. No desire to be fumbling around on the side of my helmet to try and change tracks.