View Full Version : Scorpion vs Speed & Strength textile

drowe531
April 14th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Does anyone have an experience with Speed and Strength jackets. Right now I only have a mesh jacket and I'm looking to pick up a textile jacket. Right now I'm debating between these two;

http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/scorpion/burnout_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html

http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/textile_jackets_and_pants/speed_and_strength/hang_em_high_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html.

Would prefer the burnout leather if the white was on sale but alas its not. I only do street riding and don't even hit twisties too hard yet as this is only my second season.

I'm open to other recommendations as well.

bdavison
April 14th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I have the textile Scorpion Burnout....and well....best jacket Ive ever owned. It fits great, and is very comfortable even in the warm summer months. I think the two things I like best about it are the zip out liner, and the fact that you can remove the CE armor, and toss it in the washer to clean it up. Its also pretty waterproof. Sometimes in hard downpours you will get a little leakage around the chest zipper vents, but its not too bad.
I have the yellow one as you can see in my avatar, and its really bright, Ive definitely noticed people see me a lot more with it on.

I cant say anything about the S&S jackets because Ive never seen one up close, but they sure look nice.

Oh...and one more thing....

The scorpion burnout liner has sleeves on it....I think the S&S one is just a vest liner.

drowe531
April 14th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your take on it, I was leaning more towards the Scorpion Burnout to begin with.

I only wish they had the white leather on sale, the yellow textile is already sold out so I'll prob go with the blue. They have the red or blue leather on sale as well but that has a lot more black than the textile and I want to color to help be seen.

joyinc
April 14th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I've got a speed and strength jacket... only worn it a couple times so i cant say much yet, but so far i really like it
Posted via Mobile Device

Flashmonkey
April 16th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Scorpion's latest batch of gear is VERY impressive. I have their Shock XDR jacket and that's easily the best jacket I've ever put on. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Speed and Strength. I think they're fairly new, though. Try and see if you can find any decent examples of their stuff at a local store so that you can personally inspect it.

dowmace
April 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
My speed and strength textile held strong through my lowside and it took quite a beating. I'd suggest it to anyone. The armor is good quality and in the right places but it doesn't have inner sleeves as was already said. But it does have a fair amount of venting that can be opened or closed it's great for spring to fall riding but not any cold weather really.

newo18
April 18th, 2010, 09:00 PM
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4335

I have had this S&S Jacket since early spring of 09'. All I can say is this is the only jacket you will ever need. Great air-flow, warm in the spring / fall, cool in the summer. 100% waterproof, been caught in the rain a few times and stayed nice and dry. I would recommend this jacket to anyone. On a side note took a low side in this jacket going about 45 mph, and the jacket held up well with little to no damage to the jacket. I walked with no injuries as well. The link above has a great product review.