View Full Version : Ninja 250s in CCS?

KTRacing38
April 17th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Anyone know what class you would want to race a 250 in at CCS? Ultra-lightweight includes bikes up 650cc (SV's). There's no way I could win against an SV!! :eek:

JS73
April 17th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I don't think there is a CCS class where anyone would want to race a ninjette and not get blown away. For now I think there is just WERA and the boys out Willow Springs in California.

It would be nice though, if CCS had something for the ninjette.

KTRacing38
April 18th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I don't think there is a CCS class where anyone would want to race a ninjette and not get blown away. For now I think there is just WERA and the boys out Willow Springs in California.

:( My hubby wants to go do a race a Road America on his SV. He can ride in ultralight-weight and lightweight. I may go and ride in ultra only, just for the fun of it, but am concerned that it might be dangerous if I'm too underpowered.

K.

JS73
April 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM
:( My hubby wants to go do a race a Road America on his SV. He can ride in ultralight-weight and lightweight. I may go and ride in ultra only, just for the fun of it, but am concerned that it might be dangerous if I'm too underpowered.

K.

What about sharing the SV? Your husband could ride lightweight and you ultra.

KTRacing38
April 18th, 2010, 02:03 PM
We tried sharing a bike before - our suspension needs are so different that we ended up getting another race bike. We're trying something new this year (me on 250, him on 650) instead of 600's. WERA rounds aren't a problem and Regionals here in Ontario are fine too, it's just the 1 or 2 CCS rounds he wants to do that are a problem!

JS73
April 18th, 2010, 02:09 PM
We tried sharing a bike before - our suspension needs are so different that we ended up getting another race bike. We're trying something new this year (me on 250, him on 650) instead of 600's. WERA rounds aren't a problem and Regionals here in Ontario are fine too, it's just the 1 or 2 CCS rounds he wants to do that are a problem!
Oh, I see. Well, have fun and post pics of your racing. Good luck!:thumbup:

KTRacing38
April 18th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Anyone know what types of bikes people are racing in Ultralightweight and Lightweight?

switch
April 21st, 2010, 09:48 AM
you can race the 250's in CMRA F4 class, and E superstock which is all 250's! i believe they can also be raced in clubman class, but they won't be very competive.

KTRacing38
April 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
you can race the 250's in CMRA F4 class, and E superstock which is all 250's! i believe they can also be raced in clubman class, but they won't be very competive.

I plan to do a WERA round or two in E superstock. However, CMRA is a little far to go to race!

mattyballgame72
August 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Bit of a 'thread from the dead' deal here...but the CCS is doing a ninja only class:

http://www.njminigp.com/forum/index.php?topic=1818.0

I am looking to get my big ass in shape and doing this next yr. Looks like a complete blast!

KTRacing38
August 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Definitely an old thread! How is the series doing so far this year? The Ninja 250 Cup in Ontario is dead. Not enough riders. I hope CCS makes a better run of it than RACE did.

Jiggyfly
October 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM
ultra lite weight thunder bike.

Peanut_EOD
October 14th, 2011, 08:19 PM

There are also 250cc classes with CVMA in Desert Center, California and MRA in Colorado.

Rexbo
October 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM
There are also 250cc classes with CVMA in Desert Center, which is awesome and you should race

Fixed

Peanut you comin out for oct?

Peanut_EOD
October 17th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Fixed

Peanut you comin out for oct?

Thank you for fixing that. Yes I will be racing. I registered 5 minutes after I got the email that online registration was open. I'm already in California.

racermig
October 28th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Seems like there is still an interst. Any one in Florida interested in racing their 250?

Please see www.facebook.com/specclassracing

Jiggyfly
October 28th, 2011, 06:47 AM
CCS needs to make it a "250 only" class! Sure, if the supposedly almighty CBR250 wants to join the fun, let it......one guy can't race it everywhere! 8)

Call it "250 four stroke budget bike" (with no MX engines!)