View Full Version : May 8 trackday at Streets of Willow.

nope
April 17th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Anyone going? I'm going up with 2 buddies in the intermediate group, but I'd really like to run with some more ninjas!

Here's a coupon deal for the event, you can call em and register by fax.
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae176/sbmotor619/trackday2010.jpg

Rexbo
April 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM
no fu

nope
April 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM
haha god dammit steve.

Zombiphone
April 21st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Alright, I'm in! I'll be there running with the Beginner group that day ^_^

nope
April 21st, 2010, 04:20 PM
Coo. See you there.

Oh, if you haven't yet, make sure you flush your coolant and replace with water (and water wetter if you want). I also asked about the back protector, they said it's not mandatory. Steve and I can get you situated if you need any help at the track.

Anyone else comin?

nope
May 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM
One week left!

Zombiphone
May 2nd, 2010, 08:13 AM
Yes! I just know next week is going to go by super slow just to spite me though.

Hopefully I'll be able to find you guys no problem (shouldn't be too hard though, as I doubt there'll be a lot of other 250s to sort through). I'll be in a red celica and probably be showing up way too early :thumbup:

Zombiphone
May 9th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Holy crap, three ninjas! That was awesome. Next time I'll have to go for intermediate so we can ride together more.

nope
May 9th, 2010, 04:48 PM
THREEEEE NINJAS! Yeah. Awesome you could come out, Tiffani. Glad you could stand us long enough to stick around for the magic of loading up the ninjas.

You better step it up though, I might see if I can hang in the advanced group in one of the next 2 track days or somethin. :P Those open sessions at the end were awesome! Joking aside, you're doing great. You've got everything you need including the willingness to just head out to the track on your own. It's only a matter of time till you're grinding that little devil face off your knees!

Everyone else, you missed out! Perfect track conditions and small run groups all day.

nope
May 9th, 2010, 04:48 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=320&pictureid=3521

andylawcc
May 10th, 2010, 01:43 AM
hey guys, nice to see you all there.

it was indeed nice weather and small group runs that day. and yes, I was wondering exactly how you guys came in with 3 bikes.

nope
May 10th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Yo dude, thanks for the gas! The last 2 open sessions were definitely my nuttiest. Definitely wouldn't have made it without the little fill up. I'll double check next time I have my friend gas me up before the track. :P

I owe you some 87 next time.

andylawcc
May 10th, 2010, 02:18 AM
hey no big deal man, just show me the ropes next time around, I was quite a noob on the track that day.

Zombiphone
May 10th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Ah, dude, those open sessions were great (The fact that we didn't have to take a break between both sessions certainly didn't hurt either). Riding with some of the advanced guys really made me want to push even harder. Thanks for showing me your lines, too! Some of your turning points were completely different from mine but easily felt a bit faster. I wish they had squeezed just one more session in.

Goddammit, I need to sneak in some more quick track days so I can get up to advanced now. I can't be falling too far behind. Just be sure to keep that bike uncrashed for as long as possible :p

Oh, and good seeing you there too, Andy. I was wondering if you were a member of the forum. That made five 250s pummeling the track that day. how badass is that :D

andylawcc
May 10th, 2010, 01:42 PM
That made five 250s pummeling the track that day. how badass is that :D

ya, should have taken a group photo, I wasn't thinking straight that day with so much going on... heck, I should have followed you too to see how to take your line. urg... so many regrets.

nope
May 10th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I checked some of the lap times on my videos last night. Most laps had traffic and were consistently about 1:36. I found a clean lap though, that was 1:33.

Andy, I don't have much experience on the track at all really but I've been feeling pretty decent and I'll give all the advice I can to help you out next time.

aschika1
May 10th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I'll double check next time I have my friend gas me up before the track. :P

whatevs lol

Rexbo
May 11th, 2010, 09:55 PM
lets get the real story straight here.... you didnt want a full tank of gas cuz apparently it would make you too slow. Turns out runnin outta gas makes you even SLOWER.

THREE. NINJAS.

nope
May 12th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah no gas was pretty slow.
But so was crashing, right? :P

JS73
May 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Looks like you guys had a blast! I wish more Ninjette would show up at JGP.
Bulldog will bringing his to JGP on the 23rd, so I'll have another 250 rider to ride with. So far I have been the only one every time I show up.:(

Rexbo
May 13th, 2010, 12:43 AM
next time we just need to combine the two. I can crash exactly as you run outta gas and we can race. to the end on foot. Cheeks will be lookin backwards so we dont gotta worry bout him.

Rexbo
May 28th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Oh yeah. Stock brake pads brand new last two track days plus maybe like 50 miles of riding. I'm riding on the backing right now, no bueno.

Zombiphone
May 29th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Eesh. I'm heading out there again on Monday, as there's really no better way to memoriallize on memorial day (I still want to check out Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla within the next few months, but I didn't know I was getting the weekend off until a few days ago, so I didn't have time to plan a full track weekend- Streets is easy when you're jonesin' :-" ), but I gather it would probably be wise for me to upgrade to some better pads and a steel braided line as soon as I get back (followed by new tires, rearsets, clip ons, other seductive yet decidedly unnecessary must haves- why's it so impossible to only fix what's broken when you sit down next to a bike?).

2WheelGuy
May 29th, 2010, 08:11 AM
(I still want to check out Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla within the next few months,

I'll be at Buttonwillow on the weekend of July 17-18. It's only $99 a day!

Zombiphone
May 29th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Pretty tempting and a good price. And a weekend at Buttonwillow right before a weekend camping at Laguna Seca would make for a pretty phenomenal July :love: Sounds good. I'll try and find out if my work schedule is supposed to slow down by then before I sign up though, since I'm already skipping a couple days the the next week for motogp. My work ethic and my adventuring rarely seem to agree with each other, unfortunately :rolleyes:

Rexbo
June 5th, 2010, 08:34 PM
My work ethic and my adventuring rarely seem to agree with each other, unfortunately :rolleyes:

i definitely remember you telling us you play guitar hero for a living... so work ethic = MOAR GAMING haha

Zombiphone
June 5th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Hey hey hey, those musical little circles ain't gonna play themselves, you know. Haha, there'd be a lot of angry fan boys out there if I let a broken guitar hero slide :p That, and crunch time in the gaming industry is pretty serious business. The first time I hit a couple 70+ hour work weeks in a row, I lost all concept of time (and all love for rhythm games). Good times just the same though. Makes that whole work ethic thing a little easier :D

That said, memorial day was awesome, and I'm skipping work on the 26th anyways for a 2 group day at Streets (30 minute sessions ftw! And my first time in B group also ftw!), and I'm still trying to find out if I'll be officially out of crunch by mid July. The track is kind of one of my favorite things to do these days, so it's kind of worth breaking my otherwise perfect attendance for ^^;

When are you heading to the track next?

nope
June 6th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I might have to join 2wheelguy at buttonwillow, ****. :P