View Full Version : The bank said I had to borrow more money so....

singlecoillover
April 22nd, 2010, 06:47 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u153/thrashmetal15/nighthawk2.jpg

2003 Honda Nighthawk 750 with 5700 miles. I needed another line of credit to build my score over the next year (buying a house next spring.) So why not get a bike?

Even though I liked so many things about my ninjette, it was a love/hate relationship at times. My wife wanted something that would comfortably carry her on the back, and I wanted something I didn't have to work on every 3 days. Passing inspection is always a plus too. I would probably have gotten a J-Series Ninjette, but they don't fit me for some reason. My shins are too long.

The nighthawk maintains the simplistic design that I prefer. No computers, not too much plastic, just a no-frills, reliable motorcycle. The power output is very linear and smooth, but has enough pull to be downright scary at 8000RPM. It fits my body much better than any ninjette ever did. Although not quite as good as the 2010 ER-6N that I REALLY wanted (DREAM BIKE! :eek: ) I won't be getting to experience the thrill of a first-time knee down, but I guess I can live without it. I'm an "old" married man anyway. ;)

I would have liked to keep the ninja, but the lender made me put $1350 down on a 3000 dollar used motorcycle due to my limited credit. Most of that wound up on a credit card, which the ninjette sale is going to pay off.

So I've got a guy coming in a few hours to haul away my first motorcycle. I have mixed feelings about it. The bike was really just one huge headache, but it was so...fun! It had personality, made a lot of noise, it was the kind of machine that you could become one with. Though I'm not sure I ever felt 100% safe on it either. New tires would have helped a lot, but all that money went into my new bike. I would like to get another (nicer) one someday. But as my series of choice is the 86-87, that may be a bit difficult.

CRXTrek
April 22nd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Nice looking bike.:thumbup:

revstriker
April 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Nice looking bike! I love that classic style! Looks like who ever owned her before you took very good care of her.

Banzai
April 22nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
Rock on, that's cool! Good find, to be certain!

Grn99Kawi
April 22nd, 2010, 07:20 PM
that's a beauty! Ride safe and enjoy it!

BlueRaven
April 22nd, 2010, 08:23 PM
Looks brand new

komohana
April 22nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
well i suppose it's OK if the bank says so

:wof:

clean looking machine :thumbup:
congrats

LazinCajun
April 22nd, 2010, 08:56 PM

:D I'm going to have to keep that line in mind!

Nice looking bike! I wish there was a bigger market for similar bikes in the US :)

headshrink
April 22nd, 2010, 09:39 PM
LOL, awesome!

sharky nrk
April 23rd, 2010, 04:31 AM
Good looking bike. I wish anyone would tell me to spend more money. I get alot of the opposite though :shrugs:

Slabrocks
April 23rd, 2010, 08:28 AM
I had an 86 650 nighthawk years ago. It was reliable and had plenty of power.
.... my only extra thought, go green next time ;)

zenrush
April 23rd, 2010, 05:48 PM
Nice looking bike! :thumbup:

ninjabrewer
April 24th, 2010, 08:56 AM
sweet, there is something to be said about simplicity. Enjoy and ride safe

nb

gogoKawi
April 25th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Enjoy the bike! Looks like it will be a blast for you and the wife.

lockie
April 25th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Enjoy the ride. That's what its all about.

singlecoillover
May 1st, 2010, 07:12 AM

They didn't make out so well, I borrowed it from their competitor. :D

The picture doesn't show a few scratches on the tail, and a crack in the taillight. My theory is that the bike sat in somebody's garage and got bumped around a bit. Other than those few items though the bike is in perfect shape. Only 5700 miles on her.

Glad you guys like my new bike! It's currently 80 degrees with clear blue skies here. Time to get out and ride! :thumbup: