View Full Version : Underwear?

edbro
April 24th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Any guys have advice on this? I need something that will firmly keep the frank and beans in place throughout the ride. I swear sometimes under heavy braking it feels like the beans go above the frank and then get slammed into the tank. Not very comfortable.

Any suggestions would be great :thumbup:

kkim
April 24th, 2010, 04:05 PM
are you asking whether or not to wear underwear when riding? If so, I vote yes. :p

dive1tom
April 24th, 2010, 04:06 PM
tighty whitey's:) My wife doesnt think there sexy but they keep the boys in place. Walmart a package of 7 for like 4 buck$

edbro
April 24th, 2010, 04:13 PM
tighty whitey's:) My wife doesnt think there sexy but they keep the boys in place. Walmart a package of 7 for like 4 buck$

I'm not against anything, I'll definitely give them a shot. These boxers are a joke.

are you asking whether or not to wear underwear when riding? If so, I vote yes. :p

:happy10: I'll definitely keep something on, just looking for an improvement.

JokerSeven
April 24th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I like rock n' roll
but
I don't like my rocks to roll

ditch the boxers

kkim
April 24th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Damn, what kind of riding do you do that the boys go flying all over the place?

:scared: what do you wear now?

JokerSeven
April 24th, 2010, 04:22 PM
do I have to answer that in an open forum?

I know this post was gonna go south fast :)

sharky nrk
April 24th, 2010, 04:23 PM
i wear underarmour underwear as cotton and sweat and sitting are not good bed fellows

Snake
April 24th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Bikini briefs keep everything in place are stylish as well. Mom always said to wear clean and stylish underwear in case I get into an accident...Well she might not have said the stylish part.

backinthesaddleagain
April 24th, 2010, 04:38 PM
The boxers tend to bunch up on me when riding.
Posted via Mobile Device

CC Cowboy
April 24th, 2010, 05:21 PM
This is a sick thread.

You guys need to stop and think about this.

edbro
April 24th, 2010, 06:32 PM
This is a sick thread.

You guys need to stop and think about this.

It is a pretty cool thread, I searched and I couldn't believe it hasn't been discussed yet.

And yes, please take your time to think about the various options. I need to find a real solution, this is an annoying problem.

The boxers tend to bunch up on me when riding.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, similar situation here. The boxers are definitely not doing a good job.

Bikini briefs keep everything in place are stylish as well. Mom always said to wear clean and stylish underwear in case I get into an accident...Well she might not have said the stylish part.

Interesting. I don't know if that is the route I'd go with, but if all else fails I'll come back to it.

Cab305
April 24th, 2010, 06:50 PM
sometimes

Davidb1986
April 24th, 2010, 06:59 PM

+1

adri99an
April 24th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I pull out my Speedos and they keep all the junk in place.....

miks
April 24th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I'm a boxer/brief wearer, in any case of hard braking I just hug the tank with my knees which stop me from sliding forward and squishing my nads.

Alex
April 24th, 2010, 09:03 PM

:)

backinthesaddleagain
April 24th, 2010, 09:17 PM
ladies, feel free to hijack this thread

Momaru
April 24th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Boxer briefs tend to get less than comfy when riding due to above mentioned foibles of boxers and the fact the legs tend to make a kind of garrote on each leg forcing a readjust every so often.

Briefs seems to work fine tho. Not my favorite undergarment, but does the job better than the other options, including flyin' free.

Daeldren
April 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Jock strap? extra layer of protection to save our junk in a crash (I wonder if they come in kevlar with a carbon fiber cup)

krbreton
April 24th, 2010, 10:54 PM
You guys don't wear women's underwear while riding, all the time reminding yourselves how pretty you look? :eek:

That's what I've been doing wrong :D

250rinblack
April 24th, 2010, 11:45 PM
I haven't laughed this hard in years :laugh:

I'll have to show this thread to the missus..... :D

noche_caliente
April 25th, 2010, 09:17 AM
All I have to contribute is that I now know more than I wanted to about some of you.... some things are better left alone!

zartan
April 25th, 2010, 11:34 AM
This came up as the BANNER ad for this thread. haha creepy guy

Maybe these will be tight enough ugh!

zartan
April 25th, 2010, 11:38 AM
And to continue to be completely unhelpful and flippant:

as seen on TV or this forum before there is always this.

orymhgZ6XoA

JokerSeven
April 25th, 2010, 11:43 AM
And to continue to be completely unhelpful and flippant:

as seen on TV or this forum before there is always this.

OMG thats too damn funny !!

"Patented ball hoisting technology" LOL

ztrack157
April 25th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Duct tape works best. Just shave prior to application.

Snake
April 25th, 2010, 03:17 PM
All I have to contribute is that I now know more than I wanted to about some of you.... some things are better left alone!

Oh no I guess we included TMI.

ztrack157
April 25th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I just watched the video for the first time while drinking a bud light. That **** burns coming out of your nose.

Sailariel
April 25th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I like Bicycle shorts--great on long trips. No problem under leathers. Cannondale and Pearl Izumi are a good choice.

adri99an
April 25th, 2010, 05:02 PM
This came up as the BANNER ad for this thread. haha creepy guy

Maybe these will be tight enough ugh!

I have a pair like this but mine are Candy Plasma Blue....

lockie
April 25th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Ah.... a chance to make a brief comment. Use what works, whatever gender. I keep a special pair around for long trips along with my bicycle shorts.

'nuff said.

edbro
April 25th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the responses, guess I'll try some bicycle shorts as well!

Gfortunes
April 25th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Boxer briefs!
My wife said no tighty whiteys when we got married and I need/want the support sso I went to boxer breifs stylish and practical.
Am I really posting about this?:rolleyes:

SteveL
April 26th, 2010, 02:05 AM
If you are riding that hard the equipment is flying around I would suggest brown whatever it will be less embarrassing when you get to the A and E:eek:

Steve

noche_caliente
April 26th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Today's Bargains on NexTag.com
http://c1173472.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/77532_001.jpg

demp
April 26th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Boxer briefs!
My wife said no tighty whiteys when we got married and I need/want the support sso I went to boxer breifs stylish and practical.
Am I really posting about this?:rolleyes:

boxer briefs. it's the right answer, I went out and bought a bunch of jockey ones a while back.... 20 bucks a pair, but well worth the money :D

backinthesaddleagain
April 26th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Ah.... a chance to make a brief comment. Use what works, whatever gender. I keep a special pair around for long trips along with my bicycle shorts.

'nuff said.

brief comment - good pun

Gyrene
April 26th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Boxer briefs are all I wear as they give support and comfort. I have ridden bicycles all my life and use bike shorts when I do, never thought about using them for riding the rocket. Will give them a try. I would imagine on long trips the extra padding in the undercarriage would come in handy.

rockNroll
April 28th, 2010, 02:09 PM
I was under the impression that all us male riders strapped them to our thighs when riding... the boys left free to roam as they see fit. :confused:

ithaca00
April 28th, 2010, 06:00 PM
synthetic material! for anything over 100 miles I use some Champion (Target's version of UnderArmor) compression shorts.

backinthesaddleagain
April 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM
the underwear ads that are popping up on this page from nextag.com are something i can do without, lol

Snake
April 28th, 2010, 06:17 PM
the underwear ads that are popping up on this page from nextag.com are something i can do without, lol

The ladies on this site are sure getting an eye full.

backinthesaddleagain
April 28th, 2010, 06:38 PM
The ladies on this site are sure getting an eye full.

haha, might have to get the ladies to create a similar thread (in the spirit of equality, nothing else!)

jcgirl
April 28th, 2010, 06:43 PM
You guys have so made my day. Hilarious thread. From a purely aesthetic point of view. Most girls I know are large supporters of the boxer brief. I don't know about supporting your boys... but I can certainly offer advise to make 'em look prettier.

backinthesaddleagain
April 28th, 2010, 06:46 PM
You guys have so made my day. Hilarious thread. From a purely aesthetic point of view. Most girls I know are large supporters of the boxer brief. I don't know about supporting your boys... but I can certainly offer advise to make 'em look prettier.

See, who says the guys have all the fun

2WheelGuy
April 28th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Freestyle:thumbup:

Snake
April 28th, 2010, 09:00 PM
haha, might have to get the ladies to create a similar thread (in the spirit of equality, nothing else!)

Yea, like "What kind of bra do wear while riding"? That should make some very intersting adds pop up from nextag.com. :D :thumbup:

Snake
April 28th, 2010, 09:01 PM

Ya mean going commando? :eek:

ztrack157
April 28th, 2010, 09:59 PM

More than I needed to know. No wonder why the cute blonde at all of PTT's track days is always giving you the eye.:p

tapdiggy
April 29th, 2010, 12:00 AM

+1. fulltime, five years and counting:thumbup:

HKr1
April 29th, 2010, 01:40 PM
guess I'll try some bicycle shorts as well!

Get the ones with nice padding in the ass :)

GeneJunkie
May 2nd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Ok this is Cindy's Fiance hi-jacking the comp. I saw this and laughed. Boxers for me depending on how they fit normally are ok. But if I'm riding 18 up to Arrowhead on the firebolt they tend to creep sideways and get some twist action going. I have some nice Hanes Briefs that while comfy during the day when riding the bands just dig into my leg. My favorite so far is some good ole hanes boxer briefs. After wearing them a week or so (not 7 days in a row) they get some fitted action going. They end up giving just enough movement while keeping everything in place and comfy. Also on long rides Anti-monkey butt powder is a must. And for the record guys don't be afraid to buy the pink bottle it is worth it.

xtrapsi
May 2nd, 2010, 06:47 PM
"Ride Free or Die"

aka "Ridin Durrdee"

:D
Fun Thread!

GeneJunkie
May 2nd, 2010, 09:24 PM
I just noticed someone posted about synthetic material. The boxerbriefs I was referring too are synthetic and are fake silk I guess. They're super comfy and breath quite well.

Scott1620
May 3rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Also on long rides Anti-monkey butt powder is a must. And for the record guys don't be afraid to buy the pink bottle it is worth it.

:rotflmao:

I have the Alpinestars compression shorts (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/350/14369/ITEM/Alpinestars-Compression-Shorts.aspx) for under my shift riding jeans and they don't agree with wearing over boxers, need to try some boxer briefs for that task i guess...

Alex
May 3rd, 2010, 09:54 PM
I'm just loving the ads that are showing up on this thread. :rotflmao:

2WheelGuy
May 3rd, 2010, 10:42 PM

boobs boobs boobs;)

ztrack157
May 4th, 2010, 09:14 AM
^ lol. it is funny how the site does it.

backinthesaddleagain
May 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I was fine with boxers, now reading this thread i suddenly feel "strangulated" when riding. Especially after heavy braking.

2WheelGuy
May 4th, 2010, 10:08 AM

Why do I keep getting etrailer ads :mad:

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/imgad?id=CI6g4KShxp6JExDUAxgxMgjhnA783ufcEg

ztrack157
May 4th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Its to carry that big load. hahaha Swedish Bikini models

kobachi
February 11th, 2011, 11:49 PM
ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Boxer Brief (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001M0MN02)
I did a three-week bicycle trip through Japan last year and my friend insisted that I get a couple pairs of these for riding. I like them so much that I bought a dozen more when I got home. Best underwear ever. I never wear anything else anymore.

Sailariel
February 13th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I have ridden hundreds of miles in bicycle shorts. They are designed just for such a use. The seams are flat, so there is no chafe. The chamois padding will absorb sweat and in many instances--the more expensive shorts--have an anti bacterial. They can be washed in a sink at a motel or where ever and dry very fast. The material is Lycra-Spandex. I highly recommend them for women as well.

Watch for sales at bicycle shops or go on line-Performance Bike or Bike Nashbar. Bicycle jerseys--you can get them in solid colours--work well too. They are designed to wick off moisture. I wear them as well on long trips. Bicycle socks also work well in motorcycle boots. You really can't go wrong with any of that stuff. It certainly increases your comfort level.

wvninja
February 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I wear boxers and I've never had an issue? I've been wearing boxers since I was like 12 though so I guess I'm use to it?

Boom King
February 17th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Ya mean going commando? :eek:

I guess he wants more space for some ballroom dancing...

nexus
February 21st, 2011, 09:10 PM
I have ridden hundreds of miles in bicycle shorts.

+1 synthetic shorts keep you comfortable and dry, even under leathers.

Bols
February 21st, 2011, 10:54 PM
"For the man who has nothing to hide... but still wants to." :D
CyaQ6IEZOto

Csmith9
March 1st, 2011, 01:23 AM

+1 more.
Just past 2 years

NinjaGirlATL
March 2nd, 2011, 09:14 PM
ladies, feel free to hijack this thread

Ha! I knew someone would say that! I just stopped by this thread to see the pics. :thumbup:

jmgrande
March 2nd, 2011, 09:39 PM
I wear boxers and I've never had an issue? I've been wearing boxers since I was like 12 though so I guess I'm use to it?

x1000000

Csmith9
March 3rd, 2011, 03:31 AM
Ha! I knew someone would say that! I just stopped by this thread to see the pics. :thumbup:

I don't think pictures is a feasible idea for some of us...
Also unappreciated but others of the same gender.

Liber
May 26th, 2011, 08:41 AM
epic thread.

I've been wearing boxers since I was 12, and I can't stand them while riding. Definitely need to invest in some boxer-briefs.

Kevin2109
May 26th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Commando :ninjaman:

But seriously commando lol :rolleyes:

almost40
May 26th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Im old school....Tighty whiteys..I dont care if my GF makes fun of them. Shes not into the whole Tea-baging thing anyway.

Keep your balls close......... if you dont want them wandering around.

I would think that a bra-no bra discussion would be a good one for you ladies.
Im free to give opinions if you send me pics.:D

Kevin2109
May 26th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I would think that a bra-no bra discussion would be a good one for you ladies.
Im free to give opinions if you send me pics.:D

I completely agree with kevin on this

ScorpionNinja
May 26th, 2011, 12:45 PM

Use this, it Helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havok
May 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Commando :ninjaman:

But seriously commando lol :rolleyes:

Dude i ride with you, i did not need to know that!

For me its more about trying to make "The adjustment" when you get to a light, no cool way to pull that off!

Kevin2109
May 26th, 2011, 04:06 PM

For me its more about trying to make "The adjustment" when you get to a light, no cool way to pull that off!

:llama:

phr3ek
May 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM

i, kevin, concur with kevin agreeing to kevin :thumbup:

i adjust while riding
i just stick my left leg out, reach in, grab and tug ;)

Havok
May 26th, 2011, 07:25 PM
i, kevin, concur with kevin agreeing to kevin :thumbup:

i adjust while riding
i just stick my left leg out, reach in, grab and tug ;)

If 3 kevins agree it is a fact!

gfloyd2002
May 27th, 2011, 04:20 AM
If any of you people ever run for public office, this thread is going to haunt you. :p

Little_Ghost
May 27th, 2011, 05:57 AM

Stylish? Maybe for girls... LOL! If I was undressing a dude and he had on bikini briefs, I would be a lot more concerned than if he were wearing tighty whities!

I can imagine what you guys are saying though about keeping the boys in place though. With that being said...

American Apparel provies a dude's brief in more than 45 colors, including black on black. Way more attractive then just plain whities. (The model is obviously gay, but that doesn't mean you have to be. Ha!)

http://store.americanapparel.net/4415.html?cid=176&utm_source=onlinestore&utm_medium=men-underwear&utm_campaign=men-underwear

Just sayin'.

onetruevibe
May 27th, 2011, 06:28 AM
http://store.americanapparel.net/4415.html?cid=176&utm_source=onlinestore&utm_medium=men-underwear&utm_campaign=men-underwear

Ok - I so did not need to see that. :eek:

I like the purple, tho :D

reaubideux
May 27th, 2011, 08:06 AM

I'd like to volunteer my services on this matter as well. Isn't it usually tradition to have 3 judges for such things? :D

And to stay on topic.... boxer-briefs here... but I may look into bike shorts for the wicking properties.

Liber
May 27th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Ok - I so did not need to see that. :eek:

I like the purple, tho :D

Forget the gay model, check out the thumbnails below, they were the first thing that caught my eye.

gfloyd2002
May 27th, 2011, 04:01 PM
American Apparel provies a dude's brief in more than 45 colors, including black on black. Way more attractive then just plain whities. (The model is obviously gay, but that doesn't mean you have to be. Ha!)

Just sayin'.

I didn't even know there were 45 colors. I do know the fastest color is kawi green, though. And for the record, I refuse to click on any link that has "men-underwear" in the url, I don't care if it is for legit shopping. :p Seriously, they should put women in the mens underwear they want us to buy - it would totally work better to get us to buy it.

onetruevibe
May 27th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Forget the gay model, check out the thumbnails below, they were the first thing that caught my eye.

Yes - the girls are a sweet bonus. But seeing them in men's underwear feels a bit like kissing my mom (or so I imagine). But hey...bygones. :p

Sushilover
May 28th, 2011, 10:38 AM

Just sayin'.

OH man that woke me up this morning hahaha.

Kevin2109
May 28th, 2011, 11:30 AM
OH man that woke me up this morning hahaha.

Were you turned on :confused: :p

phr3ek
May 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM
^^^^morning wood ;)

Sushilover
May 28th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Were you turned on :confused: :p

HAH good one :D

ally99
May 28th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Yea, like "What kind of bra do wear while riding"? That should make some very intersting adds pop up from nextag.com. :D :thumbup:

LOL! A sports bra, of course! :doh:

A hilarious thread! Thanks for the laughs! :D

Havok
May 28th, 2011, 05:29 PM

And here I thought female riders rode in the sexiest lingerie that Victorias secret had to offer.

Thanks for killing that theory!

Rofl

Boom King
May 28th, 2011, 06:00 PM

Just sayin'.

Any time you see a link end in "=men-underwear", probably best not to click on it.

And for the record, bikini briefs or banana hammocks, or whatever, should have no place on a motorcycle unless you're the biker guy for a Village People cover band.

Little_Ghost
May 29th, 2011, 04:27 PM

Why would you need to wear a sports bra? I feel like they are so restricting! You don't have to answer that. Just thinking out loud I guess.

tac12345
June 5th, 2011, 02:21 AM
http://luxusaccessories.com/mypakage

they work great, they have a 'pocket' to hold everything in place :)

Liber
June 5th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I cannot stress to you the importance of buying anti-monkey butt. Its like night and day. Everything stays nice, dry, cool and mobile with hanes boxer briefs on.

Little_Ghost
June 5th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I cannot stress to you the importance of buying anti-monkey butt. Its like night and day. Everything stays nice, dry, cool and mobile with hanes boxer briefs on.

OMG I work at Ace Hardware and Anit-Monkey Butt was our #1 selling product in the country for a while I guess. My boss and I thought it was tacky so we resisted carrying it for a long time, but they kept putting it in the sale ads so she finally ordered some. Most people look at the bottle on the counter and are like, "Really?" but then every once in a while, someone will be like, "Oh my God! This stuff is so amazing!!!" I looked at the ingredients and all it is is talc and chomomile, but people swear by it for anti-chaffing silkiness.

wtfh4xx
June 5th, 2011, 11:15 AM
this thread::rofl:

Edit: and ummm, wtf is with the girl on the left?
click the third pic over and look, she is like black at the bottom and vanilla up top...

Liber
June 5th, 2011, 02:40 PM
OMG I work at Ace Hardware and Anit-Monkey Butt was our #1 selling product in the country for a while I guess. My boss and I thought it was tacky so we resisted carrying it for a long time, but they kept putting it in the sale ads so she finally ordered some. Most people look at the bottle on the counter and are like, "Really?" but then every once in a while, someone will be like, "Oh my God! This stuff is so amazing!!!" I looked at the ingredients and all it is is talc and chomomile, but people swear by it for anti-chaffing silkiness.

yeh it's pretty simple, I just like the monkey on the front even though I have a bottle of foot powder that is essentially the same thing. I picked it up at Sam's last weekend, 2 bottles for $7. Been trying it for the past few days, off and on the bike, in this insane heat wave (temps breaking 100 degrees 5/7 last days) and it works very well.

this thread::rofl:

Edit: and ummm, wtf is with the girl on the left?
click the third pic over and look, she is like black at the bottom and vanilla up top...

She has the same complexion as me. Typical for people with Southern European/Mediterranean heritage.

On a side note, look at the 8th pic over. Nothing I haven't seen before, but c'mon, this is a professional website and they're supposed to have this stuff covered up, adds some novelty to it I guess. :cool:

MrBrownTX
June 5th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Definitely boxer briefs, baggy boxers are dangerous your beans can swing back under neath you causing you to sit on them, that is uncomfortable!

LegB4Wicket
June 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Padded cycling shorts that fit correctly. They don't bunch-up and wick-away sweat, unlike cotton.

Liber
June 5th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Another interesting factoid for guys wearing boxers. I talked to a doctor I know who rides, and he said that wearing boxers while riding can chafe the skin behind the testicles raw when they get bunched up. Not really a major medical problem, but can require a visit to the doctor for a prescription anti-fungal if it gets infected with an itchy fungus.

The benefit of boxer-briefs and briefs is that there is no seam running directly through the crotch.