View Full Version : Different Bags, what to do with a ninja

sudadoda
April 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Hey all,
I haven't officially got my ninja yet (paid for but not picked up yet) and I was wondering what you thought about a couple of things. I was having trouble choosing between tank bags. I have 4 in mind: the joe rocked manta, the XL manta, the cortech super mini, and the cortech mini. what do you guys think? I don't want it to impede in any way with my steering or anything like that, but I want to be able to put a few things in it. also, I was planning on getting some Willie and Max saddlebags. here's the link. http://www.willieandmax.com/categories/saddlebags/detail.cfm?item=59486-00
and I was wondering if any of you have a suggestion for a good trunk (or what are they called)? any tips, advice or anything you have to say is MUCH APPRECIATED. also, what are some fun things to do with a ninja?

Alex
April 30th, 2010, 01:38 AM
/moved to newgen farkles

Thrak
April 30th, 2010, 04:47 AM
what are some fun things to do with a ninja?

You can do alot of fun things with your ninja, take him to the park, the beach is always nice, could even go shopping with him... just dont upset him though because you wouldnt want him to flip out and start cutting peoples heads off! :eek:

tjkamper
April 30th, 2010, 06:14 AM
When making a decision about a bag it is tough. The smallest that will work for you most of the time is the most convenient 99% of the time. But then there is always that stink'n 1% that you will curse and spit at when you needed just a few more cubic inches of storage space.

I think the most fun thing to do with a kawasaki ninja is ride it.:cbrsmiley:

But for reals, Your in Palos Verdes so go out to the coast. and ride up to El Segundo or further for a nice relaxing ride. Or ask around and find out were the best twisties are (That is the most fun for the ninja).

Get a chick and throw her on the back and ride to the beach (if your a guy... sorry Name, "M" couldn't tell). (Or a guy if your a chick) (or beter yet,a chick if your a chick) (Or a guy if that is your preference).

The ride is always beter than the destination. Ride it to work, Ride it to play, Ride it morning, day and night. Just don't get confused when you're riding the pasanger and not the bike. That's a mood killer.:D

sudadoda
April 30th, 2010, 07:21 AM
thanks all. i think i will get one of the cortech bags. The joe manta where a little bit out of my price range. do you think i should get the mini or super mini?
mark

Sailariel
April 30th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Most of the luggage designed for sport bikes can be made to fit. I moved the turn signals back to the license plate bracket and that made things easier. When my present bags wear out (Wal-Mart bags), I will get the Nelson Rigg setup.

PitBull
April 30th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I have the Cortech super mini and it's perfect for carrying things like cell phones, wallets, etc. The interior size of the bag is about the same size as a 5lb bag of flour. I don't even notice it is on my bike when I'm riding. I'm not sure about the other tank bags.

As far as saddlebags go, I have the Nelson-Rigg bags. I have a tail bag, saddlebags and a duffle. I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of these bags. The even come with a lifetime warranty. I would highly recommend them.

sudadoda
April 30th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Thanks lisa. a five pound bag of flour. So I guess i'll look at one of those and see. I guess the mini, without the super, is about a bag and a half of flour....
Thanks for the tip on saddlebags.

sudadoda
April 30th, 2010, 07:52 AM
so i looked at the bag... I guess it won't hold a water bottle or anything of that dimension.

sudadoda
April 30th, 2010, 07:57 AM
OK i am going to go with the cortech mini. I didn't realize the super mini was quite that small. I would not be able to fit ANYTHING in there.

ninja250
April 30th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah I was looking at the cortech super mini (http://www.cortechperformance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=142) one myself.. only the magnetic style. (click "other view" on that link)
Looked about right for the area above and in front of the crest of the tank.
That or the rocket small manta bag. They should both work even if I decide to tuck down, but they don't hold all that much. About perfect for me with my saddle bags and back pack. Will hold gloves and camera and wallet and stuff as shown in those pics so not so bad!

What surprised me is the price of these things.

Saddlebags are weird. I'm missing a plastic piece on my 250 right now so not sure how I like my saddlebags just yet. I think I finally got them situated yesterday but once I put the plastic piece back on there I'll be fiddling with them again. They're great bags with lots of mounting options but I think the 250 is somewhat odd shaped and small to mount bags on.

sudadoda
April 30th, 2010, 08:40 AM
OK kc, me too. the super mini was just too small. I tested the dimensions, and I could fit a pair of shoes, a water bottle, my little ipod speakers, my wallet and phone.

sudadoda
April 30th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Yeah I was looking at the cortech super mini (http://www.cortechperformance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=142) one myself.. only the magnetic style. (click "other view" on that link)
Looked about right for the area above and in front of the crest of the tank.
That or the rocket small manta bag. They should both work even if I decide to tuck down, but they don't hold all that much. About perfect for me with my saddle bags and back pack. Will hold gloves and camera and wallet and stuff as shown in those pics so not so bad!

What surprised me is the price of these things.

Saddlebags are weird. I'm missing a plastic piece on my 250 right now so not sure how I like my saddlebags just yet. I think I finally got them situated yesterday but once I put the plastic piece back on there I'll be fiddling with them again. They're great bags with lots of mounting options but I think the 250 is somewhat odd shaped and small to mount bags on.

So are you saying that I shouldn't get saddlebags? I was planning to get a pair of willie and max saddlebags http://www.willieandmax.com/categories/saddlebags/detail.cfm?item=59486-00 do you think these will fit on my ninja? I hope they do.

sudadoda
April 30th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Also, do you think I should get the strap-on or magnetic version? I would like to go with the magnetic, but will it work on a ninja?
Mark

LazinCajun
April 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I don't have one personally, but other forum members use magnetic tank bags with no problem.