View Full Version : Pre-gen Frame Sliders?????????

fivepin
May 6th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Ok im just wondering if it is posible to put fram sliders on a pre-gen bike and where they would mount to. I plan on using it in a track day before it gets to hot, and I want to make sure IF I go down I dont thrash the bike. If anyone has done this post pics and tell how you did it. THANKS

Verus Cidere
May 7th, 2010, 12:43 AM
They don't exist. Trust me. People have tried and failed. There aren't any good mounting points, and the ones that are even slightly plausible require shredding the fairings to get to them, which kinda defeats the purpose. It's the downside to the fact that the pregen was designed in 1988, before people really started using sliders. Not trying to rain on your parade, but it just can't be done on this bike.

fivepin
May 7th, 2010, 01:30 AM
ok thanks. THAT SUCKS lol

2WheelGuy
May 9th, 2010, 08:09 PM
You don't need or even want frame sliders. What part of your frame needs protection anyway?

Look at the MotoGP grid, WSBK grid, BSB grid, AMA Superbike grid and how many bikes do you see with frame sliders?

Verus Cidere
May 11th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Most people use sliders to protect fairings rather than the frame, especially on street bikes. Drops happen, and sliders minimize fairing rash/scratching.