View Full Version : do you keep your jacket on

izmail1215
May 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM
do you keep your jacket on -like going to wal mart or some where inside or use a back pack? where do you keep your gear wile in stores or indoors?

rceezy
May 9th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I never leave my gear on my bike unless I will be outside with it. IE: I'm in the parking lot for a bike night or outside of the house where I'll be getting back on in a few. I wish I didn't have to leave my bike outside some places but I think management would frown upon me riding my bike inside their store, hehe.

Rayme
May 9th, 2010, 12:39 PM
My jacket is too heavy and bulky to put anywhere else than leave it on me ! I attach my helmet on the helmet strap and usually slide my gloves in my back pocket :)

Banzai
May 9th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I never leave my gear on my bike unless I will be outside with it.

This. Why make your bike a bigger target for vandals, casual thieves, or the general butt head?

Momaru
May 9th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I keep all my gear with me, jacket, helmet, gloves, backpack. Have gotten the stink eye from department store clerks, but no-one has said a word.

CZroe
May 9th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I wear the jacket because I leave the helmet locked on the bike and I don't want anyone questioning the wild helmet hair or tank bag. "Would you ask a woman to 'check in' her purse at the front?!" "Did you expect me to leave my laptop on the bike?!" "So what if you sell this here too. If I were shopping at a mall I wouldn't have to make a trip back to stash my merchandise in the car after every stop and I CAN'T do that on a motorcycle. I have receipts."

Snake
May 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I leave my jacket on, it's all leather but not hot at all. My helmet I lock to the bike and my gloves go in my jacket pockets.

CRXTrek
May 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I keep all my gear with me, including my Ohlins:p
Over 2 thou $ spent , damn right i carry it all with me!

joyinc
May 9th, 2010, 03:37 PM
i take everything with me :)

once i rode my bike out to this hiking place though to spend the day walking around... so then i emptied my pockets and locked all my gear to my bike with a cable lock, but thats pretty rare.

Sailariel
May 9th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I wear the jacket and riding pants. I carry my helmet in a helmet bag along with my gloves. Never has been a problem.

miks
May 9th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Wear and hold everything.

sofo
May 9th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I wear my gear, carrying my helmet / gloves with me. I don't believe in helmet locks and kinda like walking around in an armor'ed jacket and back protector, if it was good enough for Boba Fett...

Several times I have stopped to use a bank machine and don't bother to take my helmet off, since I wear glasses and it's a hassle. The idea that it may drive the security camera people nuts is a bonus too. :)

I have been looking at the Icon Squad II back pack and a co-worker got one so I got a user review and hands-on look and I will be getting one this week.

- Helmet bag lets you walk around with your helmet safe and protected and it doesn't bounce off your ass.
- Stowage space for gloves and one of about 20 compartments for earplugs
- Clips to pack a jacket are brilliant.

The only thing it's missing is the previous version's visor pouch but otherwise if it had an airflow back i'd use it for riding, hiking and snowboarding!

What I'm ranting about: here (http://rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=3129&id=11079)

want1sobad
May 10th, 2010, 03:40 AM
everything always comes with me - not gonna give anyone the opportunity to mess with my gear. seems like everytime i give the "general public" the benefit of the doubt i get screwed......

lockie
May 10th, 2010, 03:47 AM
I usually leave the helmet and gloves on the bike and wear the rest wherever I'm going. If I'm inside a long time and nervous about the helmet I'll try and find somewhere to store it inside.
I have left my jacket with the bike but only in situations where I can see the bike or where I know it's secure.

tabogon
May 10th, 2010, 05:52 AM
It all comes with me, I don't trust anyone.

tjkamper
May 10th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I wear everything and carry my helmet in most places.

Nothing beats the BAD ASS feeling you get when people stair.

demp
May 10th, 2010, 06:52 AM
always comes with me. occasionally I'll leave my helmet on the bike, but only when I'm only parking for a few minutes

rceezy
May 10th, 2010, 07:39 AM
When we go out to eat, I always ask for a larger table than needed. My gear have feelings too! ;)

Gyrene
May 10th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Depends.....

If I am running into a gas station then I leave the jacket on and carry the gloves and helmet. If I am going to be inside a store for a while I will backpack the jacket and gloves and carry the helmet.

If I am meeting my wife somewhere (she in car), then I will put all my gear in the car while we are inside.

I have left my gear on my bike at some outdoor venues I have been to just because I could see it from where I was standing.

The situation will always dictate how I handle things.

bdavison
May 10th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I take my gear with me...around here in GA, if you leave the helmet on the bike in the sun, you come back and its like putting a volcano on your head.

ScorpionNinja
May 11th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I usually lock my helmet to the cowl/seat lock, wear my jacket on me and put gloves in jacket pockets. Depends on where i go thou...

ROFL, The other week i went to see a movie. So i lock the helm to the bike and clip my gloves onto my pants belt loop... carrying a helmet along with a Huge pop and popcorn is a PITA!

Anyhow, so while im walking up to the ticket chick, some kid asks me
"Want kinda coat are ya wearing?"

I just reply "I'M KICK ASS"

and walk away to my movie.

I heard afew kids laugh and snicker behind me. I guess they've seen the movie too! :D

I love going into Wal-mart or Meijer to get afew small things, 20 oz. pop or whatever.... cuz ppl look at you like your a SUPERHERO! :D

The cutie Pharmacy chick dug my Scorpion gear when i was picking up some meds. :cool:

One time i carried my Helm with me, went into a Best Buy. The staff was weary of me. Pleeeease , so i found what CD i was looking for and got to the checkout gal and she asked to look "INTO" my helmet. As if i put a CD in there that i was going to steal, hiding it sort of.
Thats what she thought of and told me. Everything was fine, got my item and left. I just thought the attention was dumb, now i could see em being weary If i WORE the Helmet around in the store for those 30mins.... as if Im gonna rob the place! LOL

ScorpionNinja
May 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I take my gear with me...around here in GA, if you leave the helmet on the bike in the sun, you come back and its like putting a volcano on your head.

Not to mention, if you do this alot of the time during summer, and the helm is under the UV's for long periods of time... the Helm might not hold up to a crash? As if lets say 5 yrs that helm needs to be replaced... but if UV rays beat down on it hardcore alot... say after 2 yrs... maybe the helm is AGED as if it were 5-7yrs?

But yea.... dude It can be like stucking your head in a MICROWAVE!! :D

2WheelGuy
May 11th, 2010, 09:44 AM
For short stops I generally carry my gear with me. If I'm going to an event and will be walking around I lock my gear to the bike.

I always carry one of these type locks:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z193/Chester1469/Misc/999805.jpg

Just thread it through the sleeves of your jacket(s) and around your upper triple clamp. It can easily hold two helmets and two jackets.

joyinc
May 11th, 2010, 03:52 PM
dumb question... whats an upper triple clamp?

i havent used my lock on the ninja yet... not sure what i'd lock stuff to
Posted via Mobile Device

2WheelGuy
May 11th, 2010, 03:55 PM
dumb question... whats an upper triple clamp?

i havent used my lock on the ninja yet... not sure what i'd lock stuff to
Posted via Mobile Device

The piece that connects the forks, just under the handlebars. The ignition switch is usually attached to it.

Hadyn
May 11th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I always wear the jacket around if I'm going into a store or something. Depending on what part of town I'm in and how long I'll be out of line of sight with the bike I'll either leave the helmet on the mirror, lock it to the bike (with a cable lock, I can't figure out how the hell the helmet lock is supposed to work), or carry it with me. Gloves and earplugs go in the jacket pockets.

CZroe
May 11th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I usually lock my helmet to the cowl/seat lock, wear my jacket on me and put gloves in jacket pockets. Depends on where i go thou...

ROFL, The other week i went to see a movie. So i lock the helm to the bike and clip my gloves onto my pants belt loop... carrying a helmet along with a Huge pop and popcorn is a PITA!

Anyhow, so while im walking up to the ticket chick, some kid asks me
"Want kinda coat are ya wearing?"

I just reply "I'M KICK ASS"

and walk away to my movie.

I heard afew kids laugh and snicker behind me. I guess they've seen the movie too! :D

I love going into Wal-mart or Meijer to get afew small things, 20 oz. pop or whatever.... cuz ppl look at you like your a SUPERHERO! :D

The cutie Pharmacy chick dug my Scorpion gear when i was picking up some meds. :cool:

One time i carried my Helm with me, went into a Best Buy. The staff was weary of me. Pleeeease , so i found what CD i was looking for and got to the checkout gal and she asked to look "INTO" my helmet. As if i put a CD in there that i was going to steal, hiding it sort of.
Thats what she thought of and told me. Everything was fine, got my item and left. I just thought the attention was dumb, now i could see em being weary If i WORE the Helmet around in the store for those 30mins.... as if Im gonna rob the place! LOL

They wouldn't ask to look inside a woman's purse.

BlueTyke
May 11th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I really don't like to leave my gear at my motorcycle at all. If I can I take it all with me. I usually travel with people who have big saddle bags so if I go with them they let me put my helmet in there... Otherwise my gear is with me. I need it to ride home ^^

kevlarorc
May 11th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I leave my jacket and my gloves on generally. I usually just take off my helmet and that's it but I always take it inside with me.

Flow
May 12th, 2010, 01:37 AM
I wear my gear to bed. Who needs blankets?

rage42
May 12th, 2010, 12:40 PM
For short stops I generally carry my gear with me. If I'm going to an event and will be walking around I lock my gear to the bike.

Just thread it through the sleeves of your jacket(s) and around your upper triple clamp. It can easily hold two helmets and two jackets.

I've done this with my jacket, but what are you threading the chain to on the helmet? The d-rings? I usually use the back seat for the helms, but I hear that's easily defeated.

Pants are my problem, The sound of snow pants rubbing together while I walk, and it's 80+ degrees outside makes me feel like a goon. Stripping them off is awkward, and not practical every time I want to walk in to a department store. No ones really said anything...The jacket kind of offsets it, since I rarely take it off while I'm out. But always ATGATT...

kevlarorc
May 12th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I've done this with my jacket, but what are you threading the chain to on the helmet? The d-rings?

the face of the helmet assuming it's full-face.

chrisenglandus
May 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I just keep my gear on when going to booze store or Kroger. I have only been asked to take it off at a few gas stations.

joyinc
May 12th, 2010, 02:57 PM
The piece that connects the forks, just under the handlebars. The ignition switch is usually attached to it.

Good to know! thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

joyinc
May 12th, 2010, 02:59 PM
They wouldn't ask to look inside a woman's purse.

So true... i think i'd be asking to speak to a manager. thats discrimination.

sometimes i use my helmet like a bag when i'm shopping to hold stuff... then i dump it all out at the cashier :)
Posted via Mobile Device

izmail1215
May 12th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I wear everything and carry my helmet in most places.

Nothing beats the BAD ASS feeling you get when people stair.

exactly :thumbup:

izmail1215
May 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I wear my gear to bed. Who needs blankets?

yup lol

JeffM
May 12th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Helmet off, gloves stuffed into helmet, earplugs out, and then the helmet goes into the shopping cart. The rest stays on. For real quick store runs, I sometimes leave my helmet on. On hot days I loiter in the frozen section.

lockie
May 12th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Pants can cause an embarrassment at times. If I've forgotten to switch my wallet to my outer pants then I have to unzip the riding pants in public so that i can get at the pocket of my jeans inside. I haven't been arrested yet but I've gotten some strange looks.

rceezy
May 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Pants can cause an embarrassment at times. If I've forgotten to switch my wallet to my outer pants then I have to unzip the riding pants in public so that i can get at the pocket of my jeans inside. I haven't been arrested yet but I've gotten some strange looks.

Sir, playing with yourself in public is frowned upon in 51 states! ;)

CZroe
May 13th, 2010, 12:58 AM

Happened to me SO many times it's not even funny anymore!

I mean, I'll be getting ready to go and I will PROMISE myself that I will not do it and even take my wallet out of my jeans before I'm ready to put the riding pants over and I will STILL somehow inadvertantly put it back in my jeans before slipping on the riding pants.

Preparation and experience just aren't correcting the habit. I just had to start ignoring the looks!

Sir, playing with yourself in public is frowned upon in 51 states! ;)

51 states? ;)

Soujyu
May 17th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Definitely yes, I keep my jacket on. I may unzip it to keep a bit cooler, but that's it. I don't know about you, but when your jackets are upwards of a couple hundred dollars, you don't take a chance at losing them.

Depending on the store (wink wink), I may even keep my helmet and earplugs on. :D

addy126
May 17th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I wear my gear into stores when I'm just grabbing 1 or 2 items quick. A longer stay I will remove the helmet and just carry it in with the gloves stuffed inside and jacket on. However, I do understand why some stores will ask you to remove the helmet for security reasons. Makes the clerks and managers feel just a little bit "edgy"...:rolleyes: Restaurants and the like I will just put it into the booth beside me or an extra chair, never been a problem with that.

Cedilla
May 17th, 2010, 10:28 PM
If I'm just going somewhere to eat or a gas station or something I just put the helmet on the mirror and gloves up under the windscreen. If its going to be a while helmet goes on the lock under the seat, and gloves go in backpack, which I am always wearing. If the backpack is empty the jacket goes in there too, but its a tight fit, otherwise I just wear it.

I don't really use my bike for running errands much anymore though, I just ride to work every now and then, and go on rides where the only reason im stopping is to get gas.

I can't believe some of you are wearing your helmets inside stores. I want to sometimes, but I don't because I feel like its frowned upon nearly everywhere. I did walk into a gas station once with it on, because I had my ear buds in, and they are a PITA to get them to stay in my ears when putting my helmet on. They made me take my helmet off though, so they could make sure the pic on my ID matched up.

Cab305
May 19th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Only if she keeps her heels on too.

Seattle_Chris
June 9th, 2010, 05:44 AM
I lock my helmet to the bike using an after market helmet lock, shove the gloves into the helmet, and if I don't feel like toting the jacket, I move the valuables (Ipod, phone, gun, etc. etc.) into pants pockets and cram, and I do mean CRAM the jacket into my ammo can saddle bags. My over-pants for rainy days fit exactly the same way into the other can. :) So far nothings been futz with. I haven't even modded the ammo cans to lock yet. :D

SteveL
June 9th, 2010, 06:36 AM
My tank bag turns into a back pack in less than 30 seconds if I go into a store I carry my helmet with my gloves in side it and the tank bag on my back.

Steve

Ninjalee
June 9th, 2010, 07:14 AM
My gear goes everywhere with me. A riding buddy of mine suggested that leaving your helmet on when going in to pay for gas isn't polite...? I still do it all the time :P

CZroe
June 9th, 2010, 08:26 AM
My gear goes everywhere with me. A riding buddy of mine suggested that leaving your helmet on when going in to pay for gas isn't polite...? I still do it all the time :P

Just think about it from the gas station clerk's perspective. It's about as unsettling as seeing someone come in with a ski mask or leggings over their head. Some places will not allow it for that reason. I've seen clerks remotely lock the door when someone drops a customer off at the front and then waits there with the engine idling. I'd feel uncomfortable with that too.

Ninjalee
June 9th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Good point. I hope I haven't made anyone feel uncomfortable, but I doubt I put fear into anyone being 5'4 and dressed in all barbie pink gear lol. But seems like I should make sure to take my helmet off everytime just incase.

CZroe
June 9th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Good point. I hope I haven't made anyone feel uncomfortable, but I doubt I put fear into anyone being 5'4 and dressed in all barbie pink gear lol. But seems like I should make sure to take my helmet off everytime just incase.

I hate to stereotype or generalize but, in your case, it's probably OK. :thumbup: I doubt they're concerned with you wearing your helmet.

Benjava
June 10th, 2010, 10:38 PM
I put everything in a shopping cart and push it around the store.

Buffalony
June 11th, 2010, 09:32 AM

I was just on Kryptonite's site looking at the powersports lock section. Some of the high theft area lock names are hilarious.
Here https://www.kryptonitelock.com/products/list.aspx?cid=1000

They have a nice line of products.

Depends on the area for me. Most of the time I'll hang my helmet from the left side cargo hook, throw my gloves inside, and leave my jacket on. If i have a backpack ill attach that to the cargo hook also. If I'm in an area I dont trust as much, I'll use the helmet lock for both. And If I have expensive items in my backpack, I'll leave it on or lock the zipper (rarely). I have a bully disc lock that I picked up from New Enough that I'll put on in places I'm uncomfortable with to.

I would like to get a new lock like the one above just to tie the bike up sometimes. The disc lock is great but it doesnt prevent the bike from being picked up and put into the back of a pick-up ya know.
My Yamaha has a built in chain/helmet lock that I think was a brilliant idea. It
Has a compartment the chain slides in and out of and uses the same accessory key used to unlock the seat. 30+ yr old but still pretty niffty :)

akima
September 24th, 2011, 05:39 AM
If I'm not riding my jacket gets too hot too quickly. I either carry it or I wear it only half on so my shoulders aren't in the jacket by my arms are. Seems I get looks no matter what method I choose of carrying/holding my gear, so I don't even consider that anymore.

I'm planning on buying a set of less protective gear for slow, short trips that is far more convenient to wear off the bike. I'm thinking: a leather jacket and kevlar enforced jeans but with no protective pads. Also leather boots that look like normal casual boots and some thin gloves that are small enough to stuff in a pocket... not like this:
http://store.planet-knox.com/uploads/20110630083336647362_normal.jpg

jamesio
September 24th, 2011, 10:33 PM
If I'm not riding my jacket gets too hot too quickly. I either carry it or I wear it only half on so my shoulders aren't in the jacket by my arms are. Seems I get looks no matter what method I choose of carrying/holding my gear, so I don't even consider that anymore.

I'm planning on buying a set of less protective gear for slow, short trips that is far more convenient to wear off the bike. I'm thinking: a leather jacket and kevlar enforced jeans but with no protective pads. Also leather boots that look like normal casual boots and some thin gloves that are small enough to stuff in a pocket... not like this:
http://store.planet-knox.com/uploads/20110630083336647362_normal.jpg

Hey! Don't be hating on the handroids...those babies totally saved my wrist and shoulder :D

Depending on what part of town I am in I will leave my helmet hanging off a handlebar on the bike. If I'm on a military base I feel pretty comfortable about leaving my helmet. Otherwise I will carry it with me with my HANDROIDS (akima :p) shoved inside. As for the jacket I have a $600 Dainese jacket so I leave that baby on unless I am sitting somewhere and can set it next to me. Besides...the jacket gets a lot of looks and compliments from the ladies :D My power ranger boots (sidi st airs) also get a lot of compliments :)

akima
September 25th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Hey! Don't be hating on the handroids...those babies totally saved my wrist and shoulder :D

Depending on what part of town I am in I will leave my helmet hanging off a handlebar on the bike. If I'm on a military base I feel pretty comfortable about leaving my helmet. Otherwise I will carry it with me with my HANDROIDS (akima :p) shoved inside. As for the jacket I have a $600 Dainese jacket so I leave that baby on unless I am sitting somewhere and can set it next to me. Besides...the jacket gets a lot of looks and compliments from the ladies :D My power ranger boots (sidi st airs) also get a lot of compliments :)

LOL, I'm sure the handroids are wonderful... they're also huge!

Lil_Green_Demon
September 25th, 2011, 03:44 AM
If it's too hot, I'll just carry everything; otherwise, I usually just wear my jacket & just carry my helmet with my gloves inside it.

Gurk
September 25th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I wear it in stores etc. In school I even went to classes with it on sometimes. Not worth getting it stolen. And yeah. Helmet in hand with gloves in.

jamesio
September 25th, 2011, 12:55 PM
LOL, I'm sure the handroids are wonderful... they're also huge!

This is true...when I first got my handroids and st air boots i couldnt help but put them on and walk around pretending to be a killer human droid robot, robotically punching and chooping my all my buddies :lol:

akima
September 25th, 2011, 02:28 PM
This is true...when I first got my handroids and st air boots i couldnt help but put them on and walk around pretending to be a killer human droid robot, robotically punching and chooping my all my buddies :lol:

LMAO :rolleyes: With all your white gear you're not far off looking like a storm trooper... bet your buddies are gonna love you when that act begins... "DIE REBEL SCUM!!"

alex.s
September 25th, 2011, 03:00 PM
gloves go in helmet, helmet attaches to backpack, jacket unzips. boots and pants stay where they are. phone, keys and wallet stay in the jacket

kevheads
September 25th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I guess I need to quit being so trustful or it will bite me sooner or later, if I'm just in my local town of 16,000,at Wal-Mart or wherever, I'll leave my helmet on the ground behind the front tire with my jacket draped over the seat and gloves under the windshield. If I'm out of town it all goes with me.

nixthewiz
September 25th, 2011, 08:53 PM

Same here! Nothing gets more compliments than my Sidi Boots. The ladies always say "Those are cool shoes you have there." because I wear my jeans over the top of the boots when I'm at school. The rest of my gear goes in my locker. And they always go :shocked: when I tell them they're not shoes and then proceed to pull up my jeans to show off my boots and my sexy legs :happy10:

miss_syn
September 26th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Wow... I'm way more trusting.

I leave my gloves under the windshield like 100% of the time. If I'm making a quick trip inside WalMart I sit the helmet next to the bike and if it's a longer trip I use the helmet lock.

If I go to Sheetz I dangle gear all over the bike since I can see the bike from inside.

This time of year the jacket just stays on and unzipped because I get chilly easily.

massacremasses
September 26th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Wow... I'm way more trusting.

I leave my gloves under the windshield like 100% of the time. If I'm making a quick trip inside WalMart I sit the helmet next to the bike and if it's a longer trip I use the helmet lock.

If I go to Sheetz I dangle gear all over the bike since I can see the bike from inside.

This time of year the jacket just stays on and unzipped because I get chilly easily.

where do you live?! if I did that my stuff would be gone in second.

Bassman
September 26th, 2011, 08:49 AM
On the Ninja I take everything, jacket, gloves, helmet, etc. I once had my helmet cliped on my Goldwing's helmet locks because the bags were full. Someone thought it would be funny to dump a coke in it. I wasn't laff'n.

paterick4o8
September 26th, 2011, 05:26 PM
if this helps for anyone, typically at places like wal-mart I just bring backpack, helmet, gloves & jacket w/ me and put it in the cart I'm pushing while I shop for what I need. then put the things I bought in my backpack after I pay.

then other times I'll just lock my helmet to the rear seat and put the gloves in the rear compartment.

Newguy70
September 26th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I always take my helmet with me, as I had my 1st one stolen.

My jacket I attach to my bike takes about 2 minutes. I run the following steel loop through the arm of my jacket, and attach it to my Xena disc lock. Perfect to leave out in the sun and get the smell out of the jacket kills two birds with one stone as it keeps the seat cool as well, by laying over the. Rainy days I strap my jacket to my Krieger Backpack and keep with me.

http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/accessory/main/CableAdaptorCombo/page1/

XXA150 Combo
For use with XENADISC-LOCK ALARM XX6 Series

• 150cm Steel Loop Cable
• Stainless-Steel Adaptor

*XENA DISC-LOCK ALARMSold Separately

My xena disc brake when not in use sits perfect under the seat cowling, As well as the steel loop which you must wrap like a coil. Gloves I stick in my Helmet.

akima
September 27th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I always take my helmet with me, as I had my 1st one stolen.

My jacket I attach to my bike takes about 2 minutes. I run the following steel loop through the arm of my jacket, and attach it to my Xena disc lock. Perfect to leave out in the sun and get the smell out of the jacket kills two birds with one stone as it keeps the seat cool as well, by laying over the. Rainy days I strap my jacket to my Krieger Backpack and keep with me.

http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/accessory/main/CableAdaptorCombo/page1/

XXA150 Combo
For use with XENADISC-LOCK ALARM XX6 Series

• 150cm Steel Loop Cable
• Stainless-Steel Adaptor

*XENA DISC-LOCK ALARMSold Separately

My xena disc brake when not in use sits perfect under the seat cowling, As well as the steel loop which you must wrap like a coil. Gloves I stick in my Helmet.

I have the XX6 too. Didn't know about that steel-adaptor - I can imagine the built-in alarm getting accidentally triggered more often when you link your jacket to the XX6 like that.

NDspd
September 27th, 2011, 06:33 AM
All the gear with me at all times. I've already had things taken out of my tail bag. I've also seen a couple finger prints on my tank (I put my gloves on before getting on the bike).

I've had people give me looks as I walk through walmart and bestbuy. I always get the old ladies that say "you be careful out there, sonnie".

ninja250
September 27th, 2011, 06:56 AM
When needed, lock the jacket to the bike, but not normally. Usually only when I won't be riding the bike all day but rode it there and will be riding it home.
I just wear the jackets inside. Sometimes I have a full suit on even.

I just finally figured out I can stash helmets attached to the rear seats so do that now instead of lugging the helmet around with me.

Gloves I just stick under my arm while walking' around since I no longer carry my helmet.

Helmet goes on bike right side up. Somebody would have to tamper with it to get something in it.

Newguy70
September 27th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I have the XX6 too. Didn't know about that steel-adaptor - I can imagine the built-in alarm getting accidentally triggered more often when you link your jacket to the XX6 like that.

Never false triggers to date. you would have to grab the jacket, or bump the bike. . .:thumbup:

akima
September 27th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I always get the old ladies that say "you be careful out there, sonnie".

Awww!

Never false triggers to date. you would have to grab the jacket, or bump the bike. . .:thumbup:

Even though I use it on the least sensitive settings, my XX6 regularly goes off. Usually the cause is the wind blowing the bike cover around.

Newguy70
September 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM

I am actually using the Xena XN10, thus the reason for no false triggers... My unit is less sensitive. That's a plus / and a minus.

miss_syn
September 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
where do you live?! if I did that my stuff would be gone in second.

Pittsburgh-ish I go all around for a couple counties though

massacremasses
September 28th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Pittsburgh-ish I go all around for a couple counties though

really. wow I wouldnt imagine that a very safe place to leave stuff around?

miss_syn
September 28th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Five months and no one has touched anything. I used to leave my door unlocked to my house but I also have a German Shepherd. :wink:

massacremasses
September 28th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Five months and no one has touched anything. I used to leave my door unlocked to my house but I also have a German Shepherd. :wink:

I hope you keep your windows locked

hMtZfW2z9dw

akima
September 28th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I hope you keep your windows locked]

Love that guy :D

ungluck
September 28th, 2011, 12:43 PM
it's 90* everyday all day here..so i just keep it on, if i am grabbing like..a quick drink..helmet on..but if not i'll carry my helmet and gloves..my assualters pack stays on me..if no pack, then i am just getting a drink.

alex.s
September 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
When needed, lock the jacket to the bike, but not normally. Usually only when I won't be riding the bike all day but rode it there and will be riding it home.
I just wear the jackets inside. Sometimes I have a full suit on even.

I just finally figured out I can stash helmets attached to the rear seats so do that now instead of lugging the helmet around with me.

Gloves I just stick under my arm while walking' around since I no longer carry my helmet.

Helmet goes on bike right side up. Somebody would have to tamper with it to get something in it.

a guy i used to work with does this almost always. one day he found someone had put what he called "burrito filling" in the inside of his helmet for some unknown reason.

not common, but something to be aware of... wild burritos... filling helmets... what a travesty.

massacremasses
September 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM
a guy i used to work with does this almost always. one day he found someone had put what he called "burrito filling" in the inside of his helmet for some unknown reason.

not common, but something to be aware of... wild burritos... filling helmets... what a travesty.

Wait so someone put a burrito in his helmet? or crap? Im so damn confused. :lol:

WhiteRice
September 28th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Wait so someone put a burrito in his helmet? or crap? Im so damn confused. :lol:
Reminds me of this quote.

Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

Kevin K
October 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
If I find myself shopping, I grab a shopping cart and throw my gear in there so it stays with me.
-K

TheTopher
October 23rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I wear my jacket inside everywhere I go.

My helmet gets locked up. The stock helmet lock is awful, if you do it just right you can prop the helmet on the passenger peg but other than that it's pretty much guaranteed to be sitting on a hot exhaust pipe. So I tapped a small bolt into the frame under the seat, I just hook the helmet D rings around the bolt and then lock the seat over it and I've got a helmet lock that won't ruin my helmet. Gloves go inside the helmet and it's always there when I come back.

I tried the back pack thing and got kicked out of a movie theater for it.

LoD575
October 25th, 2011, 05:39 PM
If I find myself shopping, I grab a shopping cart and throw my gear in there so it stays with me.
-K

I do the exact same thing. All my gear stays with me.