View Full Version : South Africa, anyone? :/

skiba
May 12th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Quite a long shot...
But is anyone here from Cape Town, or anywhere in SA?

BlueRaven
May 12th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I believe you may be the only one here from that continent :(

skiba
May 12th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Oh well, saw that coming :P

BlueRaven
May 12th, 2010, 09:05 AM
You can always convice your friends to buy bikes :confused20:

A lot of us ride alone, just enjoy the scenery and discover your area. You'd be surprised how many new things you'll experience when on your bike.

Snake
May 12th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Hello and welcome.

skiba
May 12th, 2010, 09:23 AM
You can always convice your friends to buy bikes :confused20:

A lot of us ride alone, just enjoy the scenery and discover your area. You'd be surprised how many new things you'll experience when on your bike.

I have done. But my friends that are into riding are up three years younger than me (I'm 19)
So I'm gonna have to go lone wolf until then :cool:

And yeah, I'll post some pics from a few past rides soon. Cape Town is a bloody beautiful place :happy:

lockie
May 12th, 2010, 03:02 PM
What's it like to go there for a few weeks in our winter? Good riding I suppose and some nice weather?

noche_caliente
May 12th, 2010, 05:15 PM
we actually had someone from Johannesburg register a few months back....
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30821

KTRacing38
May 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I would so love to ride in SA! My hubby and I were in SA on a safari this past December. We found ourselves wishing that we had a few extra days to get in some riding!

skiba
May 13th, 2010, 01:17 AM
What's it like to go there for a few weeks in our winter? Good riding I suppose and some nice weather?

Great riding, yeah :)
There's something in every direction here.

My season started in September and just ended mid-April. Winter only really took hold about two weeks ago. For the next couple of months it's just rain and gale-force winds. So my baby goes into hibernation :thumbup:

250rinblack
May 13th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Hi and welcome; another southern hemisperean. Friends of mine have visited Cape Town and they said it was truly beautiful. Hell of a rugby team too those Stormers.....

Ellag8er
May 17th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Hi... you are not alone...

I am not in South Africa (grew up in Amazimtoti - outside of Durban), but I am South African. I live here in CA. I started to ride in the US a couple of years ago, so it would be pretty funky to go back and ride in my own country one day!

skiba
May 18th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Return to the motherland :D

Alex
September 17th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Looks like a few more from SA have signed up, here's one:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57423, and another placed themselves on the member map in SA as well (pyro).

spooph
September 25th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Not from the cape, but grew up in Pretoria. We also lived in Stellenbosch for 4 years... Been in the states though for 14 years now - longer than I was in SA. I wouldn't trade those first 12 years for anything though! SA is a fantastic place with so much variety. It was shocking though to see how much the country has changed when we went back this last January. Hadn't been since 2001 prior to this last trip. How 'bout some pics of the bike and such, eh?