View Full Version : 4 hr Endurance race?

Red Fox Racing
May 13th, 2010, 09:05 AM
The rumor is there may be a 4 hr endurance race, for 250's ONLY, held at Tally. The powers that be are trying to gauge interest in such an event.

They need 25 teams minimum for the event
Event would be based on WERA rules (Do NOT call and bother WERA on this...it is just a rumor for now)
There may be a non racer class to help boost the grid
2 rounds of practice in the morning, long lunch, then race
Entry fee is $300 per team
Contingency is being worked on

This is very early in the planning stage, more to come as we find out details.

Would you be interested? Would you field a team? Would you really send in the entry fee?

ztrack157
May 13th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Which day would it be on? The Ess guys would probably jump on it if it were on Saturday.

Red Fox Racing
May 13th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Still working on a date...also looking at racer licenses from other orgs...cmra, afm, ect...

ztrack157
May 13th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Peter do you want Dean Thimjon's number? He is a good guy to hook up with for the CMRA guys. I'd call Nolde as well.

Thrak
May 13th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Yes, in.

Will field a 3 or 4 man team, depending... I wonder what the fuel mileage would be.

I've done plenty of 4 and 6 hr endurance races with WERA on a 600, and I've been on a crew for 4, 6, and 8 hr races for a two SV/4 rider team....

This would be SO much fun...

ztrack157
May 13th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Dwayne, David, and Gary can be on a team. Keep it in the family.

Peter, Dillion, and whoever on another.

Put Bob, Jimmy, and another together.

I won't speak for Spencer or Stroud but I will get there opinions.

Thrak
May 13th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah I would *LOVE* that... endurance races are so much fun...

Remind me to tell you the story of when I was the last leg on a 6hr race @ Jennings (on a R6) and we never changed the rear tire.... :D

ztrack157
May 13th, 2010, 03:32 PM
You can tell me at road atlanta next month.

David is going to work to get something going. We're gonna call Kevin at rent my ninja to check on some stuff.

Yoda
May 13th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Guys make me jealous, no tracks close by here.

Well that and my bike is my commuter :D

ztrack157
May 13th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I live about 25 miles from Thunderhill Raceway. 200 from Laguna and 120 from Infineon. If you live if CA your kinda of spoiled with track choices.

Yoda
May 13th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Only thing we have here in CT is Limerock and like a year or so ago they changed their rules to no racing license (car or bike) your not allowed on the track at all. Even before that they were notoriously snobby to deal with since they predominatly cater to the Porsche and BMW racing crowds.

Daeldren
May 13th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Road Atlanta and Carolina Motorsport Park are closest to us in SC, still either is a few hours travel time.

Im hoping one day BMW and Michelin decide to open up a public track in the upstate (they have test tracks for development riding and training but no actual road courses).

rockNroll
May 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Matt, what event is taking you to Rd A?

ztrack157
May 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I am flying out to root for my boys at the Wera Event there.

CC Cowboy
May 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Only thing we have here in CT is Limerock and like a year or so ago they changed their rules to no racing license (car or bike) your not allowed on the track at all. Even before that they were notoriously snobby to deal with since they predominatly cater to the Porsche and BMW racing crowds.

I don't think they have ever had bikes at Limerock. Loudon is fun thought.

Florida has a few tracks close enough to make it still fun:

Daytona
Jennings
Homestead
Moroso
Roebling Road
Barber
Road Atlanta

ztrack157
May 16th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Still waiting on the promoter to give us a date.

extrarelief
May 21st, 2010, 11:19 AM
two questions:

#1 why cant you have this event at the patriot course at VIR? :)

#2 will a race licence be required or will "I" group in NESBA be enough credentials?

ztrack157
May 21st, 2010, 03:25 PM
Race license required. The cost of renting the track at tally is cheaper plus its fun on the 250s