View Full Version : Newest Ninja in Philadelphia, PA

Shwig
May 14th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Just like the title says I'm from Philadelphia in the portrichmond/fishtown area. I bought my first bike on 4/24/10 (I've had my license for a year or more and did take the safety course). Its an 08' 250R i paid 2800 and the bike had just under 7k miles on it. was a steal.

I frequently ride around the park way and kelly drive area for anyone here that is also from my area.

My only complaint about the bike is i dont really know anyone else that rides, occasionally it does get a little boring by myself.

I love the twisty roads and cant wait to get a set of sliders and get a track day in. I'm working on saving up for a good set of boots and pants with slider pucks. Money is kinda tight but I'm working on it.

So anyone from the area? have any questions? wanna ride some time?

more to come
Shwig-

paterick4o8
May 14th, 2010, 11:38 AM
welcome to the world of motorcycling
that was a steal indeed

Alex
May 14th, 2010, 11:39 AM
:welcome:

Shwig
May 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM
thanks for the welcome

KJohnson21
May 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

noche_caliente
May 14th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Welcome Matt - I know we have a couple of folks not too far from you - maybe you can find some riding buddies this way :)

komohana
May 15th, 2010, 01:41 AM
aloha matt, nice of you to come on in :yo:
steal of a deal on that ride of yours!

enjoy :ride:

rceezy
May 15th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Welcome and congrats on the new baby!

BlueRaven
May 16th, 2010, 07:59 AM
:welcome:

lockie
May 16th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Welcome from the north :canada"

Good deal to start of with

CC Cowboy
May 16th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Phili, my hometown!

Welcome!

Snake
May 16th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Hello and welcome.

Scott1620
May 17th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hey Matt, I am about 45 mins from Philly in northern DE. Id be down for meeting up and riding sometime, I dont know anybody in my area that rides either... How bout those FLYERS!! :D

talldrink
May 17th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hey Matt; welcome!!

I'm from Philly (University City area) but I'm still new at riding.

Shwig
May 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Again, everybody thanks for the welcome. I didn't think i would have gotten so many responses.

Hey Matt, I am about 45 mins from Philly in northern DE. Id be down for meeting up and riding sometime, I dont know anybody in my area that rides either... How bout those FLYERS!! :D

Yea the flyers are on quite a run. I'm not aloud to watch or they might lose. I've been keeping stats on my phone.

About meeting up I would be up for it some time, but I'm not to much of a host i wouldn't really know what to do when you got here. I usually always frequent the same places when I ride, and the city is kind of a nightmare during the day. But if any of that sounds promising I would be down to ride some time.

Hey Matt; welcome!!

I'm in the Port Richmond/Fish town area. I drive that area some times. I like going down 76 west to the turn around at 30th street station, but ever since the construction started on the bridge traffic has been hell. Now that i think about it, did they ever finish down there. I haven't been there in a while, so when this rain clears out ill take a trip down.

Don't sweat it about being new i only just bought this bike April 24th. This is my first bike, but i have ridden before. So I'm still pretty new also.

Momaru
May 18th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Welcome Matt!

Scott1620
May 18th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Yea the flyers are on quite a run. I'm not aloud to watch or they might lose. I've been keeping stats on my phone.

About meeting up I would be up for it some time, but I'm not to much of a host i wouldn't really know what to do when you got here. I usually always frequent the same places when I ride, and the city is kind of a nightmare during the day. But if any of that sounds promising I would be down to ride some time.

Cool, yea I was thinking of meeting half way or something then going for a ride, the intersection between Rt 1 and 202 (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=39.881124,-75.546198&daddr=&geocode=&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=16&sll=39.88185,-75.54258&sspn=0.009764,0.01929&ie=UTF8&ll=39.911843,-75.425262&spn=0.31232,0.617294&t=h&z=11) seems to be about half way and it looks like there are some good roads north of that to check out... I wouldnt be able to do it for a few weeks though, if the weathers nice. It would have to be a weekend because i work during the week, if you want Ill send you a message on here when I can do it (June 5 or 6 maybe?). This is of coarse if your comfortable with riding that far, seems you have only had the bike for less than a month...

ninjabrewer
May 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM
welcome to the asylum.

nb

OldGuy
May 18th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Welcome Matt - glad to have you with us. Have fun and ride safe.

killamuf
December 15th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Welcome, I am new on the forum too. I am in Bensalem and go to ride in Philly all the time. We should ride together sometime..!

Shaol1n Monk
December 15th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Just like the title says I'm from Philadelphia in the portrichmond/fishtown area. I bought my first bike on 4/24/10 (I've had my license for a year or more and did take the safety course). Its an 08' 250R i paid 2800 and the bike had just under 7k miles on it. was a steal.

I frequently ride around the park way and kelly drive area for anyone here that is also from my area.

My only complaint about the bike is i dont really know anyone else that rides, occasionally it does get a little boring by myself.

I love the twisty roads and cant wait to get a set of sliders and get a track day in. I'm working on saving up for a good set of boots and pants with slider pucks. Money is kinda tight but I'm working on it.

So anyone from the area? have any questions? wanna ride some time?

more to come
Shwig-

Hey Matt; welcome!!

Okay Matt, Scott and Deb yall need to inbox me with ur number asap. I already have been in touch w Avais and we are prob meeting for a night ride tomorrow. If you check some of the older threads we have a bunch of Philly Ninjas here. I ride weekly with about 6 other guys and we go all over the place. Matt i live around 11th and spring garden so i am literally rt down the street from ya. and deb university city is only 2 minutes from Kelly drive, one of our favorite riding spots. also dont worry about being new, my best friend only bought his bike about 2 months ago and is still learning.

we are a friendly group so dont be shy! :thumbup:

killamuf
December 15th, 2011, 01:56 PM
+1 hell yea, lets make this happen guys..! I am a new rider myself, so other new riders don't worry about it..!

Shaol1n Monk
December 15th, 2011, 01:59 PM
also philly peeps be sure to join this group:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/group.php?groupid=15

nickjpass
December 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM
:welcome: to Ninjette!!!!!