View Full Version : First race - first win!

KTRacing38
May 17th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I had my first race on my Ninja 250 this weekend at Shannonville. What a blast this bike is on the track! I was so happy to FINALLY get to ride it on the track!

I had a slow start to the weekend - the 250 is soooo different from my R6. I had to relearn the track too as I hadn't been there in a year and a half. But I dropped my times every session.

I entered into two classes - Women's Cup and Ninja Cup. Women's Cup just ended up being extra track time. There is no way the Ninja can compete with 600s! My two races ended up being back to back. Ninja Cup first, Women's Cup right after. In the end, I got my first win and first lap record... yeah! Unfortunately, I was the only one in the Ninja class! My hubby was supposed to race against me, but he crashed in an earlier race. He wasn't hurt, but the bike needed some repairs.

A couple pics taken by Rob MacLennan at morallyambiguous.net...

http://99.227.161.2/multimedia/gallery2/d/60100-3/P5163778.JPG

http://99.227.161.2/multimedia/gallery2/d/60241-3/P5163876.JPG

JS73
May 17th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Very nice and looking really good. How is that Elka shock working for you? Have you done anything to the forks? I am still on stock suspension and looking to upgrade soon.

Congrats on your first race!

RaceBikeRentals
May 17th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Sweeeeet. Congrats!

rceezy
May 17th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I admire you! That is so awesome. Please keep representing for us! <3 <3 <3!!

KTRacing38
May 17th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Very nice and looking really good. How is that Elka shock working for you? Have you done anything to the forks? I am still on stock suspension and looking to upgrade soon.

Love the Elka shock. It's MUCH better than the stock one. I have upgraded springs and a heavier fork oil in the forks. The bike was working really well for me this weekend.

Next up is a track day or two to get more comfortable. :)

Congrats on your first race!

First race on the Ninja... I've done a season on a R6 and a few races on a RC51. :)

Snake
May 18th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Congatulations, it looked like fun.

rockNroll
May 18th, 2010, 02:13 PM
That's just all kinds of cool :thumbup: kick ass!

tjkamper
May 18th, 2010, 02:31 PM
That is awsome!

Sorry about your man's bike.

lockie
May 18th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Congrats. Looks like lots of fun and lots of dedication.

CC Cowboy
May 18th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Now you have a checkered past!

BlueRaven
May 18th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Congrats! Makes me wish i was younger.

KTRacing38
May 19th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Congrats! Makes me wish i was younger.

Never too old to start racing! One of the girls that started last year is 48 and one of my other friends started two years ago at the age of 46. Both are still racing!

binlagin
May 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Great pics and good job!

I should have rode my ass out there to spectate! How ever... i think coming from Ottawa, might be pushing it for a days ride.

You got any races coming up at Calabogie?

KTRacing38
May 20th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Great pics and good job!

I should have rode my ass out there to spectate! How ever... i think coming from Ottawa, might be pushing it for a days ride.

You got any races coming up at Calabogie?

No races for the 250 at Bogie. I might come out to the National to watch though. Always good racing there!

I'm planning to do a track day at Bogie in June though... once I figure out when, I'll let you know. You could come out and ride with me!

scotty
May 20th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Pictures look awsome! Looks like alot of fun!

I have to ask, how do you find tracks to practice/race on?

binlagin
May 20th, 2010, 08:00 PM
I'm totally in.

I needed an excuse to sign up for another track day! Especially If I can shadow someone who has more experience then me!

Riding on the streets after going to Shannonville, just doesn't seem to be doing it for me anymore.

Since I haven't reached my limits yet... I'm worried about pushing it to hard on the streets and doing something really stupid. So I'll just keep that kind of riding to a closed course.

Sometime in June eh? That's NOT FAR!! Ooooo yes I'm excited