View Full Version : ooops! bought a womans jacket!

03slime250
May 18th, 2010, 09:39 PM
hey guys, i bought my first jacket today. the places that i went didnt have much of a selection but i ended up finding one that i was "ok" with, well once i get home i check out the tag a little better and its a ladies jacket :(

heres what i ended up with in a large.........anyone forsee any problems with just keeping it?

http://www.texportusa.com/largeview.asp?MSecID=86&SecID=0&pid=28&CID=163

kkim
May 18th, 2010, 09:41 PM
nice jacket. how does it fit you?

is that you in the pictures? :D

03slime250
May 18th, 2010, 09:48 PM
uh, i guess it fits fine, yeah thats me, lol :D

kkim
May 18th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I don't see what makes it a womens jacket. If it fits you and you're happy with it, use it. Much better than not having something to protect you.

I know woman's clothing have the buttons on the opposite side from mens shirts. Does that apply to zippers too?

03slime250
May 18th, 2010, 09:57 PM
yeah, the zippers are on the opposite side, are these jackets usually short? it comes down to the top of my pants while standing up

ztrack157
May 18th, 2010, 10:13 PM
its fine if it were pink you'd have an issue

vollrathdude
May 19th, 2010, 05:03 AM
yeah sport bike jackets are usually a bit shorter, its just the style

Flashmonkey
May 19th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I don't see what makes it a womens jacket. If it fits you and you're happy with it, use it. Much better than not having something to protect you.

I know woman's clothing have the buttons on the opposite side from mens shirts. Does that apply to zippers too?

Why is this? Do they know something we don't?

And sexy jacket OP :p

Seriously, though...as long as there aren't pre-molded boobs out front and a giant hello-kitty graphic on the back...I think you're good to go. Cut off that label, though. :thumbup:

rceezy
May 19th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Your man card is safe this time. :0)

tjkamper
May 19th, 2010, 08:33 AM
If you're built like a chick then your okay!!! :D

But for reals, I see no problem. No one will know the difference but you.

I have a zip-up hooded sweatshirt that I love, After buying it I realized it was actually a womans model. The only problem is that the zipper is on the wrong damn side.

When I first got the sweatshirt they put my MAN CARD on probation for a few weeks, but It's good now abd I've been fully reinstated.

03slime250
May 19th, 2010, 09:11 AM
awesome guys, thanks for the comments

alex.s
May 19th, 2010, 09:51 AM

they're on the opposite side so it's easier for someone else to take them off.

Cab305
May 19th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Don't they have extra boobage room up front?

JeffM
May 19th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Intact

03slime250
May 19th, 2010, 12:02 PM
lol jeff
cab- it seems a little bit baggy, nothin a couple pair of socks wont take care of tho! :D

Flashmonkey
May 19th, 2010, 01:53 PM

*slaps forehead*

God they thought of everything didn't they! I love it!

And my man-card is the size of a brick.....just sayin....;)

BlueRaven
May 19th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Nice jacket. I would keep it just in case you decide to get another one you can always keep this jacket if a lady friend needs/wants a ride. You don't have to tell her that it's a woman's jacket.

rockNroll
May 20th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I require a photograph of you wearing said jacket before I can give the correct advise. If it makes it look like you're developing boobs, well...... :p

Banzai
May 20th, 2010, 06:41 AM

Back in the day when sophisticated women got dressed, they had servants to assist with the task. Most fasteners were buttons, hooks, and lacing. To make things easier for the servants, the buttons and hooks on women's clothing was moved to the other side so that a right handed servant could easily close the fastener. Today, it's just an anachronism based on aesthetic appeal.

On topic: If the jacket fits you correctly, and you like the look and style, that's all that [U]truly[U] matters here. Girl gear is usually cut with a little more flare at the hips, and a little more room at the bust line. Really curvy girl gear is obvious in it's styling and cut, as it leaves no room for doubt!

PitBull
May 20th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I see you are in NWA. They are having Bikes, Babes & Bling in Fayetteville over the 4th of July. Just be careful if you go check that out. Might be an awkward moment if you run into a hot biker chick wearing the same jacket! :eek:

Personally if I were you I would keep it if it fits you good. The jacket doesn't look feminine at all.

addy126
May 22nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
If u ride thru east Texas... don't let anybody know its a woman's jacket... they'll lay a beatin on you!:eek:

Snake
May 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Wow, East Texas sounds like a rough place for a stranger to ride through. The next time I ride out there I will have to get you two to back me up. (PitBull & addy126)

kkim
May 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Back in the day when sophisticated women got dressed, they had servants to assist with the task. Most fasteners were buttons, hooks, and lacing. To make things easier for the servants, the buttons and hooks on women's clothing was moved to the other side so that a right handed servant could easily close the fastener. Today, it's just an anachronism based on aesthetic appeal.

I like alex.s answer better. :D

Snake
May 22nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
I guess it's a good thing you did not accidently buy a pair of womens pants. :eek:

rceezy
May 22nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
I guess it's a good thing you did not accidently buy a pair of womens pants. :eek:

And if you looked good in them, then we'd have to talk. :p

03slime250
May 22nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
well, the people that have seen it said its a cool jacket, didnt tell em it was women's so i think its safe to say im good :D

HKr1
May 22nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Thats one sexy jacket! :)

Snake
May 22nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
well, the people that have seen it said its a cool jacket, didnt tell em it was women's so i think its safe to say im good :D

Ya might have to post a pic for the ladies so they can give you there opinion on how it looks on ya.

03slime250
May 22nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2zia8eg.jpg

Banzai
May 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
You are without a doubt the bravest man here for posting a full pic! Man card returned! :thumbup:

Jacket looks fine. Go ride and worry about more important things in life. :D

03slime250
May 22nd, 2010, 08:32 PM
lol, i was hesitant...i tend to look dorky in some pics

Snake
May 23rd, 2010, 05:19 AM
Nothing wrong with that jacket. Wear it with pride.

CC Cowboy
May 23rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
You'll grow into it.

FerociousNINJA
May 23rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
Looks good on you! I think I know where you got confused... There was no fine print stating the jacket does not include the hawt brunette modeling it. ;)

addy126
May 23rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2zia8eg.jpg

I dunno.... nobody busts the chops on women wearing men's bike jackets. I do for the length in the waist and the multitude of colors and styles available. There are minor adjustments but well worth the selections available. Women's jackets ride to high in the backside and arm lengths shorter than I like plus styling very limited.... Go with the one you have, you'll wear it out in no time then move on to another:thumbup:

addy126
May 23rd, 2010, 09:25 AM
Wow, East Texas sounds like a rough place for a stranger to ride through. The next time I ride out there I will have to get you two to back me up. (PitBull & addy126)

Ohhhhhh Snake.... you're getting more interesting lol.... this almost looks like a biker's request for a 3-sum....:whoo:

Snake
May 23rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Ohhhhhh Snake.... you're getting more interesting lol.... this almost looks like a biker's request for a 3-sum....:whoo:

HHhhhmmm...not a bad idea. :drool: :eyebrows:

Flashmonkey
May 25th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I'm just glad you're not wearing women's jeans :D

dimeified
May 25th, 2010, 02:14 PM
who needs a man card when you carry a man piece that weighs more than your bike?

03slime250
May 25th, 2010, 09:20 PM
who needs a man card when you carry a man piece that weighs more than your bike?

ummm..... nice of you to notice, lol :D

addy126
May 26th, 2010, 06:46 AM

In your dreams lololol:pound:

Snake
May 26th, 2010, 06:50 AM

In your dreams lololol:pound:

HHhhhmmm...Kinda strange that a man made that comment and not a woman...not sure what to make of that.

dimeified
May 26th, 2010, 06:54 AM
HHhhhmmm...Kinda strange that a man made that comment and not a woman...not sure what to make of that.

ah that came out wrong haha i didnt mean you as in you, i mean you as in general, LOL

Flashmonkey
May 26th, 2010, 07:11 AM
ah that came out wrong haha i didnt mean you as in you, i mean you as in general, LOL

Uh huh....

dimeified
May 26th, 2010, 07:13 AM
i hate you lol

capt_bugaloo
May 26th, 2010, 07:39 AM
But does it make your ass look big?
Posted via Mobile Device