View Full Version : Motorcycle AC? You betcha!

Flashmonkey
May 26th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Lookey here...a cooling/heating system for a motorcycle. Pretty wild stuff:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/22/entrosys-motorcycle-air-conditioning-and-heating-system-now-taki/

Although, those pics make it look like that motorcycle is giving it's rider a friendly reach-around. Not that there's anything wrong with that :D

Scott1620
May 26th, 2010, 10:19 AM
:rotflmao: The first comment on that page pretty much sums it up :D

Flashmonkey
May 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM
LOL yea pretty much. I mean, what's next? Motorcycles with a roof?

This is a cool piece of tech, though. I wouldn't mind mcguyvering this so it funneled cold air to my rad while I sat in traffic...but then again the electrical draw of this thing in combination with my fan would probably blow up my bike.

Greg_E
May 26th, 2010, 02:09 PM
There is a company making "cars" that are classified as Motorcycles because of the 3 wheels. Roof, doors, all that stuff in a little econo cruiser type vehicle. Last thing I want to do is wear a helmet inside a car unless it is a racing car. So yes there motorcycles with roof and doors. There are also "2 wheel" cycles with the same, but when they slow down little training wheels pop out to keep you upright, those are in Europe or UK somewhere.

izmail1215
May 26th, 2010, 07:56 PM
be the original get the natural wind its cool but will be a fail

sombo
May 27th, 2010, 12:01 PM
There is a company making "cars" that are classified as Motorcycles because of the 3 wheels. Roof, doors, all that stuff in a little econo cruiser type vehicle. Last thing I want to do is wear a helmet inside a car unless it is a racing car. So yes there motorcycles with roof and doors. There are also "2 wheel" cycles with the same, but when they slow down little training wheels pop out to keep you upright, those are in Europe or UK somewhere.

VbdkZB9-Sd4&NR

izmail1215
May 31st, 2010, 09:12 AM
looks like a bomb straped on the bike

Seattle_Chris
June 6th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Wow, I so don't want a caged bike. :D

If you wanna jerry rig one of those AC's, look for CPAP machines on craigslist. They are usually capable of running on 12v DC, and are essentially air blowers.

And my final thought is OUCH, if you crash, and land on that tubing, that's gonna HURT. Heck, I ride with my gun in my chest pocket just because I don't wanna fall into it with my hips or ribs. That would SOoooo leave a mark! :D