View Full Version : Another Member Map?

kkim
May 26th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Alex,

Any chance of getting another members map to replace the now defunct one we used to have? That was a valuable, useful piece for people looking for other members in their area.

:)

lockie
May 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I tend to agree with kelly. It was nice to see some folks close to me when I first joined,

Snake
May 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
+1 here. I like to see if anyone is within a few hrs ride time to me.

sofo
May 26th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'd like to see this too and suggest using Google maps. It would be very cool to not only place people, but ride routes as well.

Alex
May 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
No ETA on this. I'd like one as much as anyone else, but there isn't a viable replacement right now. Google Maps doesn't provide anything of the sort to have 1000+ points on a single map, allowing manipulation by each individual user of their own points without affecting somebody else's points. The functionality provided by the Platial solution was actually quite unique, and I miss it quite a bit.

Users can do member searches by zipcode. Not a perfect replacement, but it is one way to identify people in the same or nearby zipcodes.

kkim
May 26th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks, Alex. I thought if anyone was up to date with what's currently available in the geek world, you would be the one to know. :p

mahalo
:)