View Full Version : Alpine Stage waterproof boots... for cheap!

capt_bugaloo
May 27th, 2010, 09:38 AM
My old motorcycle boots have a hole in the toe (I noticed the leak while riding home from work in the rain). I thought time for some better boots.
I looked on Craigslist and found a pair of used Alpine Stage street boots in my size:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o272/LS650/Alpine.jpg

Get this: $25 ! I called the guy up and he lives just two blocks from the office where I work, so I walked over after 5 o'clock yesterday. I asked the guy why he was selling off all his riding gear cheap, and he said he "didn't have time for riding anymore". I tried them on and they were a good fit and seemed okay so I bought them.

A really nice feature is that these boots have a Goretex lining for waterproofing and have a design where the zipper merely snugs the boot tighter, rather than opening it up, for better waterproofing also. Nice for this area...

When I got home, I went out walking in them for 30 minutes and they are reasonably comfortable for walking. When I rode to work today I wore them and they are decent for comfort and for shifting.

Snake
May 27th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Nice pair of boots.

rockNroll
May 27th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I'm not convinced that you purchased these boots. That picture could have been found somewhere on the net for all we know. :p