View Full Version : Avatar

sm0kediver
August 7th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I can't find the controls for my avatar...

Alex
August 7th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hi Jody -

To change your avatar, go to your user control panel (User CP in the menu bar at the top of the web page), then on the left side of the page you should see "Edit Avatar" in the settings and options area.

Once you click Edit Avatar, you can either upload a picture file directly, or just put in a link to the picture online that you want to use. When you're done, make sure to hit "save changes" and the avatar should change right away.

- Alex

sm0kediver
August 7th, 2008, 02:21 PM
thanks

Alex
August 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
You're welcome. Right underneath the avatar link is a link to edit your signature. One quirk about vBulletin is that if you make a post without a signature, even if you add a signature later it does not show up in any earlier posts.

Once you set up a signature, any posts afterwards have that signature included. And, if you ever change your signature, all of your posts on the board immediately show that new signature, except for the ones posted before you had any signature at all.

LNasty
November 9th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Alex how can I put a gif in as my avatar? Most all gifs are about 1 in size. I see others who have not been on the forum very long with gif avatars...me want one too

Alex
November 10th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Avatars can be jpg, gif, or png. What error are you seeing when trying to change yours?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar

LNasty
November 10th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Avatars can be jpg, gif, or png. What error are you seeing when trying to change yours?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar

Not really an error, just says file is larger than the 150 Kb, file is like 1 MB in size. How do the others make there gif file sizes that small?

Alex
November 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Skillz.

LNasty
November 10th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Hmmmmm....

allanoue
November 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
or a good app

JohnnyBravo
November 10th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Speaking of naps