View Full Version : gsxr 600 wheelies

ninja250
May 28th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Well I guess I just can't help myself. Had to go try a wheelie or two again today on the 600.

For some reason I did a bunch of really good ones when the camera wasn't running. lol Here's the few I did get on video anyways. I guess I'm camera shy. :o Either that or I mess up on camera trying to show off. I was definitely doing nicer ones earlier in the day.

Either way, here you go. Got my new avatar too. :D
I gotta learn to stop beating on my toys.. and be more consistent at wheelies.
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab288/ninja250Rse/cakewheeliesuzibig.jpg

mTHfMAWDFv8

ninja250
May 28th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I guess I could say I'm proud of those little tiny wheelies because I could never do clutch wheelies, or rather was too afraid to do clutch wheelies on my old 600's. The 250R helped me learn how to do clutch wheelies because I wasn't afraid I was going to flip it over backwards without really trying. This made it easier for me now to try clutch wheelies on the 600 having a bit of confidence from doing them on a 250.

Either way I still suck at them. hehe

gogoKawi
May 29th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Nice! I'm still learning to wheelie my zx6. I can't seem to find the magic rpm. Or rather, I'm too scared to find it. :) BTW, I love the way the GSXR sounds. It has a nice deep tone.

Banzai
May 29th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Cool deal. That bike is looking better and better all the time. Looks to be running just fine, too!

ninja250
May 29th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Runs pretty good but has a little hiccup when starting. Might have to chase that down soon. Maybe weak charging system or bad starter motor or something.
I swear I did better wheelies before the camera was going. Press record and my nerves come out to play. lol
Almost embarrassed to post those wimpy ones. One day I'll get it right. Better than flipping it over.

edbro
May 30th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Practice makes perfect. Not that I am a wheelie expert or anything, but take your time and build them up as your doing and you should be riding out long ones pretty soon :thumbup:

adri99an
May 31st, 2010, 02:24 PM
:allhail::allhail:
Show off!

Apex
June 4th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I've popped the wheel up on the 250. It is just so sensitive to it due to power. I'd prefer to power wheelie a bike versus doing a clutch-wheelie. :)

Bike sounds good!

ScorpionNinja
June 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I've popped the wheel up on the 250. It is just so sensitive to it due to power. I'd prefer to power wheelie a bike versus doing a clutch-wheelie. :)

Bike sounds good!

Ditto!

I was pulling outta work onto a mainroad, and pushed the RPMs to 12k in 1st, then "Flicked" the clutch into 2nd...

Front wheel came up like 2.5 feet on me! :eek:

Totally caught me be suprize! Ive accelated like that hard before, but not had the front wheel come up More than 3-4 inches". :confused:

Note: I was leaning forward semi- tucked. I WAS NOT leaning back at all! :confused:

28 HP... Id hate to have been on a ZX-6R when that happened!!! :rotflmao: