View Full Version : 2 up

sm0kediver
August 10th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I have been hesitant to ride 2-up on the Ninja, because the suspension seems so soft, I was afraid the extra weight would bottom it out. Not so. I took my wife for a ride this morning. I am around 205, and she's around 120. There was still plenty of spring left over. I noticed that the extra weight actually made the bike more stable on the highway. Not as prone to being blown around by passing cars. It's probably not the ideal bike to carry two on a long trip, but for short rides it was very comfortable.

JCCJMM_
August 18th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I have also taken the wife 2-up. Together we go for about 300 lbs. and the bike handled fine. Just need more time to adjust when riding together. I have noticed that each passenger makes the ride different.

Alex
August 18th, 2008, 09:30 PM
We rode 2-up a number of times on the Ninjette, and it's definitely doable. The load rating for the bike is pretty impressive, given its size and displacement. It handled the freeway just fine, pilots just need to keep in mind that acceleration and braking will be affected with 2 folks on board and care should be taken to allow some extra time and energy for both.

247Blackout
August 26th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I took my boyfriend on the back of my bike, and us combined is 300+ :eek: But of course it was only in the parking lot. :p

But I have ridden on the back of my own bike, and the bike runs really well on the freeway, can go 70-80 mph no problem. No issues bottoming out the suspension. ;)

250rr
November 5th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Bump. Why? Cause I can.

250rr
November 5th, 2014, 10:11 AM
:p

Proteus
November 5th, 2014, 11:50 AM
My wife and I do a fair amount of two up riding on the ninjette and it works just fine. Not incredibly comfortable, but we can do a 3hr leg with no problems. Together we're probably around 360 lbs. she's a great pillion, I hardly even notice that she's there. No helmet bumping or weird weight shifts when cornering. We spend long stretches with me tucked all the way on the tank bag and her tucked on top of me, we feel like one solid mass of human and bike that just zips down the highway. It's pretty awesome.

broilmebk
November 5th, 2014, 12:59 PM
back from the dead.