View Full Version : My first track day - JenningsGP June 5

marsha
June 12th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I had my very first track day last Saturday at JenningsGP :D It was a private track weekend hosted by GotTrack and I have to say it was one of the most exciting and fun experiences ever!

The butterflies started to set in Saturday morning as we were heading up there, it was a 3 hour drive, starting at 4:00 am, allowing me plenty of time to think & wonder about what I was getting myself into! Fortunately, the GotTrack people have a great novice program and I felt comfortable from the very first session.

The butterflies went away as soon as we hit the track and all I could think about was concentrating on what I was doing! We did two sessions of lead/follow, which was fine with me. :D After those two sessions, it was game on! My control rider & friend Rebecca had me taking turns faster than I would have thought I could go. :eek: By the last session before the lunch break, I was dragging stuff! It scared the heck out of me! When we got back in the pit, that is when I mentioned the sound & we discovered it was my left footpeg. So during lunch, the rear sets were moved up & back to the farthest settings and that took care of that!

It was undoubtably one of the most exciting experiences that I can remember ;) & I look forward to the next time. Now I understand why everyone keeps wanting more of the track, what a perfect place to learn and improve your riding skills!

Thanks to my friends here for all of the help & advice while I was making my preparations. The Ninjette did great out there, everyone loved it :thumbup:

JS73
June 12th, 2010, 03:36 PM
It definitely sounds like you had a great time. This whole track day gig is addicting for sure and it seems like you have been bitten by the track bug :lol:

Looking good, very cool pics.:thumbup: The ninjette is sure gaining popularity at JGP.

Glad you had a good time. Hope to meet you out there next time.

marsha
June 12th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks Joel, I hope to see you at Jennings some day soon too.

kkim
June 12th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Now I understand why everyone keeps wanting more of the track, what a perfect place to learn and improve your riding skills!

:thumbup:

HKr1
June 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I had my very first track day last Saturday at JenningsGP

Cool! Glad to hear ya had a good time. Jennings is allot of fun :thumbup:

Pretty hot right now, we might hit jennings up again with floridasportbikers next outting :)

Snake
June 12th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Congatulations.
It looks like you out cornered that bike in the second pic.

Green Streak
June 12th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Awesome! :clap2:

marsha
June 13th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Pretty hot right now, we might hit jennings up again with floridasportbikers next outting :)

Is that September 4-5 that you are going to? Hopefully we can meet out there some day. :)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It was a fun time for sure & I can't wait to get back out there again. :thumbup:

Here are some pics from Sunday, :eek: we had a big storm blow through during the lunch break, I think all but 4 easy-ups were destroyed, 2 bikes got blown over...it was pretty crazy for about 15 minutes, then the rain & clouds cleared & it was open track for the last 2.5 hours of the day.

CC Cowboy
June 13th, 2010, 11:09 AM
JenningsGP rocks.

Glad you had a good time.

HKr1
June 13th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Is that September 4-5 that you are going to? Hopefully we can meet out there some day. :)

Here are some pics from Sunday, :eek: we had a big storm blow through during the lunch break, I think all but 4 easy-ups were destroyed, 2 bikes got blown over...it was pretty crazy for about 15 minutes.

Yeah, 4-5 Sep is there next one. Really thinking about going, maybe will see you there some time for sure. Use to hit them up a bunch, lately Iam just kinda tired & lazy.... idk.

Seems like every jennings day is different, that one thing that makes it stand apart. The ez-up thing has happend a couple of times. In you first pic, instead of it ending up ontop the trailer... it was whipped up into those power lines :eek:

ftm, your looking good in the pics :)

marsha
June 14th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Thank you! I have a long way to go, but it sure is a fun journey! :)

rockNroll
June 14th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Kick ass!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

marsha
June 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks ROCK! You've been with me all the way, thank you for all of your help, advice & encouragement!