View Full Version : Any good Tailor recommendations in Seattle area?

Seattle_Chris
June 14th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Motorcycle Gear or Regional. Wasn't sure which category to use. Hope I chose right. :)

So anyway, now that we're fast approaching my first summer with a motorcycle I'm prepping to buy some mesh. But being a short fat dude (yeah, comical on a Ninjette I'm sure) I know everything is going to be too long, and the pads are going to all be in the wrong places. So I'm in search of a good tailor.

I've never been to a tailor, so I don't know thing one about 'em. But I'm sure mesh is tricky to work with. I modded my textile jacket and pants and they turned out "OK". Ish.

I have no idea what brand I'm gonna go with. I'm just gonna hit up a shop or two and see what fits best. I'm kinda between a 2x and 3x. I'm going to the Grand Canyon and Death Valley in a couple weeks, so I want something COOLING that fits right.

KK, TIA
Chris

P.S. I'm in Seattle, but I'm more than happy to travel anywhere in Western WA. Price IS an issue in as much as I would like to pay less to have something tailored, than it cost to buy. :D

zartan
June 14th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Hello from Gold Bar,
Me Being short and well ...shaped like teletubbie, I feel your pain. I Have a very short inseam so all the knee pads are shin guards on me. I just noticed my pants are finally wearing /fraying just today and I need to get new ones also. I said to my husband that THIS IS DEVISTATING!! because I get the pants and have to hem them and re adjust the Knee pad pockets etc. and they look like hell.
I just want custom Leathers but my money tree is in need of some fertilizer. bah! I bet if you call Cycle Barn ask for Kim in accessories she can probably name a good tailor. There is one I think across the street from Cycle barn Lynnwood. But ask Kim she will know of someone. And just might be able to fit you. She did an awesome job with my Helmet. !! It took me a year to find the perfect one by finally letting her fit me.