View Full Version : Xelement any good?

Seattle_Chris
June 14th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy some mesh stuff for summer, and Xelement is cheap. Kinda suspiciously so. Now I feel most all motorcycle related stuff is stupidly overpriced to start with, but even I think the prices on Xelement stuff is good.

So is it the expected Chinese made, paper thin, reason you don't buy things online? Or is it actually OK stuff? I don't expect it to be awesome, but is it OK at least?

Seattle_Chris
June 14th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Wow, google has gotten SCARY fast. I just did a search for "Xelement any good" and THIS post popped up. Now if only they would truncate OLD pages.

mrlmd
June 15th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I bought a leather armored jacket, a mesh armored jacket, and a pair of boots made by them from Leatherup.com at various times and the quality is actually pretty good and they have stood up well for 2-2 1/2 years without any complaints. The prices on that site are also pretty good for all kinds of stuff, much cheaper than at many others.

alex.s
July 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
they don't look the best, they have poor stitching, but the seem to hold up decently... so far.

Ash
July 5th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I have a black and grey, vented Xelement jacket that I wore for my MSF class - I still wear it when it gets colder. It has held up fine so far. I like the look, but for safety reasons and in warmer weather I wear a hi-viz yellow mesh.

I got mine from leatherup.com via amazon.com - they had decent customer service. I got a pair of boots that had issues and they sent me another set.

g21-30
July 15th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I wear these during the winter with "Bohn" armor shorts and long johns:

http://www.myleather.com/images/product/large/860.jpg

They are cut long, in order to cover your ankles when feet are on the pegs!