View Full Version : Medium vs. Medium Tall

zomgcake
June 16th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Well just as the topic says, what exactly is the difference? I've been trying to purchase a jacket for a while now and have it about narrowed down to a joe rocket phoenix 5.0 size medium. I'm 6'3 and ~160 and very slim. (Even the medium is a tad loose around the waste when fully tightened). My biggest concern is sleeve length, and the JR Phoenix medium seems to have identical sleeves as the large.

I was just about to purchase the jacket online when i noticed it is available in a size 'Medium Tall'. At first this sounded like it had to be perfect, but I figured I would ask if anybody has any knowledge or experience with these 'tall' sizes. In my experiences whenever 'height' goes up, it just seems to be assumed so does girth. Ideally, id be looking for a medium jacket with extra long sleeves.

Any help would be awesome, Thanks.

CC Cowboy
June 16th, 2010, 06:34 PM
No eye deer!

Reswob
June 16th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I would find someplace to try the jacket on before purchasing. I ended up needing a JR jacket several sizes larger than my measured chest size.

kkim
June 16th, 2010, 08:46 PM
read the sizing information...

http://www.newenough.com/street/protective_apparel/mesh_jackets_and_pants/joe_rocket/phoenix_5_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html

zomgcake
June 17th, 2010, 12:14 AM
You got me. I completely stopped reading the sizing information as soon as i saw / clicked the link to the sizing chart. Thanks for the well-needed retard-check :)